GDT: Kevyn Adams Press Conference -- The "Disconnect" Explained--11:00 am

bob_sauve28

4 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Harrington referred to Him as Utterly Bratty in His Article on Monday. 

It’s utterly amazing that He and Hamilton have jobs and Joe Yerdon does not 

I’m thinking the Mantha Return 

How Old is that in American Years after the exchange rate.😉

"Sam Reinhart didn't reveal much and looked like he'd rather be eating lit cigarettes."

—Elliotte Friedman

• Haha (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Its funny that they decided to run Eichel's locker room clean-up interview right after his exit interview. 

My kids play rep hockey, and there's always been a strict 24 hour rule where you can't talk to the coach until a full day after the issue happens. This way cooler heads usually prevail.

We got Jack pretty much right after he was talking to Adams. For sure that set the stage for what we got on Monday. 

Adam's Gambit.

38 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

"Sam Reinhart didn't reveal much and looked like he'd rather be eating lit cigarettes."

—Elliotte Friedman

You know what else Friedman said about Reinhart in 31 Thoughts earlier this year? 

Reinhart’s Play never wavered this season including during the 18 game losing streak, and it hasn’t gone unnoticed by other teams around the league nor by the Sabres. 

Friedman is well respected around the league by Owners, Front Office Personnel, Players and Agents.  The same cannot be said about the other two.  Harrington’s ex-colleagues at TBN, Graham and Vogl do not care for Him and that’s putting it nicely.  Hamilton loves to rag on the Insiders, particularly Friedman, saying they never have any good information on the Sabres. Yet when breaking news occurs with the team it’s usually Friedman or Dreger to first report it and never the Beat Reporter for the Voice of the Sabres.  Hamilton was on with Vancouver Sportsnet Radio this morning and mentioned that He heard Reinhart wants to play for a Western Canadian Team. Shockingly the same thing was reported by Friedman in 31 Thoughts the day before. 

It’s not Harrington’s or Hamilton’s Job to be a cheerleader or write and say positive things about the team or players. However it does become unprofessional when you have a vendetta against a player because of personality clashes. I do not see Reinhart trashing either of them on social media or during questioning from other reporters. 

There always will be a certain segment of the fan base those two and their schtick appeal too though.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

8 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Chz told me. I am so confused.

I will not confirm, nor deny

4 hours ago, Thorny said:

So a boat without a motor is no closer to a sailing the seas than nothing?

After all, it hasn't gone anywhere

Motor boat?

• Haha (+1) 1

Eichel clearly wants out. Wait until the end of this neck rehab period, then evaluate if surgery is warranted or not. But conversations with other teams need to be taking place yesterday. 

Risto is just waiting for his contract to run out. Move him.

Reinhart's value is peak, make the trade.

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Barry Sanders was one of the most exciting players I’ve seen in any sport.  

Easily. I grew up a Packers fan so I saw a lot of him. Packers would always win but him and Favre would put on a show. He deserved so much better than the Detroit Lions. His jukes were always amazing obviously but something about his breakaway speed was enthralling as well. It was like he'd actively shift gears and just pull away, from fast to faster. 

8 hours ago, spndnchz said:

I will not confirm, nor deny

Motor boat?

*Vince Vaughn wedding crashers GIF*

19 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I never take these pressers too seriously as they all lie and avoid real answers (usually). 

One can perhaps read into it and think they plan to TRY to find a coach but if they can't find the one they like they will keep Granato and then keep spinning the idea he was a prime candidate all along. He's the fallback plan in other words. 

I like the idea that if you're not expressing an interest in buying in you will be moved out. I would hope that's really true and they should trade everyone who is not all in completely. 

That means Eichel and Risto for sure but I'd also say Reinhart as he's at max value. Sell high for once. Don't gamble on him. If you're going to surgically cut things out, cut it ALL out . 

Anyway, words. See what he actually does.

I'm curious. When does a player who comes to work every single day and has earned more than his paycheque for six straight years stop being a gamble?

19 hours ago, Doohickie said:

But he's never really been expected to be a leader or carry the team.  He's just a player.  And he's a player that consistently puts up good stats and misses very few games to injury.  He might not be core but he's certainly best supporting actor.

I'll miss him.

He led this team out of the 18-game losing streak.

It was obvious to anyone who was watching. Even Pi.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I'm curious. When does a player who comes to work every single day and has earned more than his paycheque for six straight years stop being a gamble?

He led this team out of the 18-game losing streak.

It was obvious to anyone who was watching. Even Pi.

How did he play during the streak? I mean, the pressure was on to end it. If he liked RaKru, the pressure was on to save the man. Was he firing pucks home with fury then?

15 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

How did he play during the streak? I mean, the pressure was on to end it. If he liked RaKru, the pressure was on to save the man. Was he firing pucks home with fury then?

Nothing could save RaKru, the team had no transition game to speak of. 

6 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Reinhart started the season with 13 points in 14 games

He had 8 in 18 during the losing streak

He had 19 in 22 after the streak

Something for everyone. It doesn't scream "team leader during desperate times" though.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Reinhart started the season with 13 points in 14 games

He had 8 in 18 during the losing streak

He had 19 in 22 after the streak

So basically if Sam isn't producing at close to a point a game, the Sabres aren't winning anything?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Something for everyone. It doesn't scream "team leader during desperate times" though.

Don't really have any idea how these guys are in the room - Granato said as much, yesterday.

If we are judging by on ice play: to me, if Sam is a leader, it's through being that steadying constant. He always plays, and he plays well. Leading by way of stabilizing force? I don't hold his 8 in 18 against him - it's not horrible, and if the team as a whole is really collapsing, it's going to affect all the players. Did he slump too? Yes, I'd say, probably - but if you aren't McDavid, you slump. But just like I say we can't expect Jack to elevate the team beyond capacity I'd give the same thinking to Sam. 

As we can see with the stats, he actually produced more to start the year (hi, Jack). I'm not so sure he elevated his play post-losing streak so much as continue to be the very good player he almost always is. His goal total went up, certainly, but that may be more to the position swing: Sam is certainly adaptable.

7 minutes ago, dudacek said:

So basically if Sam isn't producing at close to a point a game, the Sabres aren't winning anything?

Right. Like I mentioned above, it sorta just stands to follow. It's a bit chicken and egg

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Brawndo said:

You know what else Friedman said about Reinhart in 31 Thoughts earlier this year? 

Reinhart’s Play never wavered this season including during the 18 game losing streak, and it hasn’t gone unnoticed by other teams around the league nor by the Sabres. 

Friedman is well respected around the league by Owners, Front Office Personnel, Players and Agents.  The same cannot be said about the other two.  Harrington’s ex-colleagues at TBN, Graham and Vogl do not care for Him and that’s putting it nicely.  Hamilton loves to rag on the Insiders, particularly Friedman, saying they never have any good information on the Sabres. Yet when breaking news occurs with the team it’s usually Friedman or Dreger to first report it and never the Beat Reporter for the Voice of the Sabres.  Hamilton was on with Vancouver Sportsnet Radio this morning and mentioned that He heard Reinhart wants to play for a Western Canadian Team. Shockingly the same thing was reported by Friedman in 31 Thoughts the day before. 

It’s not Harrington’s or Hamilton’s Job to be a cheerleader or write and say positive things about the team or players. However it does become unprofessional when you have a vendetta against a player because of personality clashes. I do not see Reinhart trashing either of them on social media or during questioning from other reporters. 

There always will be a certain segment of the fan base those two and their schtick appeal too though.

The last sentence is fairly obnoxious, to quote nfreeman. Mike is well respected in baseball circles. Is that the problem? He doesn't adhere to some code of conduct in hockey reporting? He doesn't squeak out tame questions like Vogl and the New Vogl? Do you remember who infuriated Dom so much Dom went all Dom on his shirt collar? The esteemed Jim Kelley, who rattled many a cage in Aud/Crossroads offices. Mike's the ONLY reason we often get useful information out of players and coaches. He makes them talk. He made OSP reveal that his only direction to Darcy and Larry was that the team break even financially. I don't think it's fair to lump the two together. Mike doesn't have vendettas against players. He calls it like he sees it, the same way Friedman saw it, actually.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.