GDT: Kevyn Adams Press Conference -- The "Disconnect" Explained--11:00 am

bob_sauve28

10 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

If we get the right return, I'm perfectly fine with that. 

If they give the C to Reino though, I'm going to burn my computer.  I'll provide a link.

Reino is gone. He seems to be even more of a dick than Jack is.

53 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

You know who showed development over the course of the season... Sam Reinhart. 

Because, Reinhart IS fine. 

I'm gonna miss him.

51 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Does anyone think Jack is a seasoned professional yet? A cagey vet? A mature, steadying hand on this team?

No, you'd be referring to Samson Reinhart.

5 minutes ago, rickshaw said:

Reino is gone. He seems to be even more of a dick than Jack is.

But he's never really been expected to be a leader or carry the team.  He's just a player.  And he's a player that consistently puts up good stats and misses very few games to injury.  He might not be core but he's certainly best supporting actor.

I'll miss him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, I-90 W said:

Can you imagine how hard the NYC media would hammer Brian Cashman if Giancarlo Stanton pulled what Eichel pulled? They would flat out ask Cashman if he was gonna trade him, and what assets would he want in return. They would smother him and not let it go until they had hard answers on record. The Buffalo Media feels like one of those town halls where you kinda feel like the candidate already knows what’s coming (though I know that’s not the case). Very soft. 

It's more like asking questions to embarrass the speaker. They already have a story written. They just need that quote to be the centerpiece.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, I-90 W said:

Really disappointed with that press conference, the Buffalo sports media leaves much to be desired. They should have forced him to answer more pointed questions. A few things...

1 For a guy whose buzz words are honest conversations, he was quick to call an honest question a trap.

2 Wish someone would have asked how much control he truly has of the team (granted this would take some nerve and result in fallout).

3 Wish someone would have asked what type of trade assets he would want, should he wind up moving Jack.

No legit GM would answer those questions. Discussing hypothetical trades of your best player in a press conference?? Are you serious???

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 3

2 hours ago, I-90 W said:

Really disappointed with that press conference, the Buffalo sports media leaves much to be desired. They should have forced him to answer more pointed questions. A few things...

1 For a guy whose buzz words are honest conversations, he was quick to call an honest question a trap.

2 Wish someone would have asked how much control he truly has of the team (granted this would take some nerve and result in fallout).

3 Wish someone would have asked what type of trade assets he would want, should he wind up moving Jack.

Not sure you're criticisms are logical. 1. Buzz word? Really? 2. Question has been answered previously why ask it again? 3. You're not going to start publicly saying what you will expect for a player hasn't requested a trade and there's a possibility that you won't trade him.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Gabrielor said:

Unprompted praise of the Pegula's bothered me. Felt company-line. The Pegula's deserve 0 praise for anything Sabres related right now. Instead, they deserve blame for not putting enough experience between them and important hockey decisions.

Tell your boss how you really feel. Then let us know how he responds.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Drag0nDan said:

I think the worst team in the league in most sports isn't going to try and win it all the next year.  The big free agent signings of okposo, skinner, hall (and leino and ehrhoff before them) as the "piece that puts us over the top" has legit been a failure.  The best teams in the league don't do this.  They signed the key guys, and moved others to manage their salary more effectively. 

Free agency and deadline deals can be useful to bring in a piece, cover for an injury, but thats never the key cog that wins a cup.  This team doesn't develop or elevate talent properly, instead they take on other teams spare parts that they're willing to part with - Bogo, Sheary, hunwick, Vesey, etc.  

The root of the problem to me is - the players are their worst when they play in buffalo.  Figure out what it is that makes people the worst versions of themselves here.  

I think the Bills pre-McBeane are a perfect example. There was a lack of accountability and commitment to excellence. Not to mention a number of players in it for themselves.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You would be to if you had to answer questions from Harrington and Ham-sammich every game day.

Exactly. Reinhart has never liked doing media scrums. So there’s that. Add to that that the lame questions Hamilton and, “oh I have a journalism degree” Harrington. It’s no wonder players like Reinhart and even Ullmark come off as annoyed with doing interviews. I know I would be. Nothing “dick” about it. Some are just sensitive to see what they are looking for. Par for the course. Human nature I guess.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Radar said:

Not sure you're criticisms are logical. 1. Buzz word? Really? 2. Question has been answered previously why ask it again? 3. You're not going to start publicly saying what you will expect for a player hasn't requested a trade and there's a possibility that you won't trade him.

Yes, buzz word. Very fair considering how many times he said it. As far as him not trading Jack, it’s not very “logical” for you to think Jack is t going to be moved. Pretty much the entire league thinks the same judging by virtually everyone’s reaction that we have seen in the media. 

34 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

No legit GM would answer those questions. Discussing hypothetical trades of your best player in a press conference?? Are you serious???

Read what you cited again, and slowly. My gripe is that they didn’t ask him the question, let him dodge it all he wants but it should be asked. 

32 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

sam is an rfa so we retain his rights.  trade value might be a third?  

a 3rd what? If you mean a 3rd round pick you are out of your mind. He's a top line RW 2nd line center and 55pt player and 25goal scorer.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.