Multiple Players re-assigned to The Amerks

Brawndo

I hope the find a spot for Houser in the organization. I wouldn’t mind him backing up Ullmark, but they probably won’t do it. Tokarski and UPL are the only goalies under contract, and they’re likely destined for Rochester, unless the Pegulas force Adams to play UPL on the Sabres. 

18 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

I wouldn’t mind him backing up Ullmark

Nice sentimentality, but I think we started seeing the holes in Houser's game already.  I don't think he's an NHL level backup and if Ullmark is our #1, we will likely need a #2 that can play about half the games with Linus's injury history.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Nice sentimentality, but I think we started seeing the holes in Houser's game already.  I don't think he's an NHL level backup and if Ullmark is our #1, we will likely need a #2 that can play about half the games with Linus's injury history.

What holes? Most of the goals against were due to the mistakes in front of him, not his whiffing. I’d take him over Hutton.

3 hours ago, pastajoe said:

What holes? Most of the goals against were due to the mistakes in front of him, not his whiffing. I’d take him over Hutton.

Having either Hutton or Houser as the backup to start next season would be a fireable offense. 

Unless we are tanking.

Which would be a fireable offense 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sabre fan said:

I just read that the Amerks play their last road game tonight apparently. Does anybody know if the AHL is having playoffs and if so are the Amerks in the playoffs? Have not heard much about them...Thanks in advance

95% sure there are no AHL playoffs this season.

1 hour ago, Sabre fan said:

I just read that the Amerks play their last road game tonight apparently. Does anybody know if the AHL is having playoffs and if so are the Amerks in the playoffs? Have not heard much about them...Thanks in advance

The only AHL playoffs will be in the Pacific division. Teams 4 through 7 compete in a single elimination, with the remaining team then playing 1st, and 2nd vs 3rd in a 3 game round. The 2 finalists will then play a 3 game final for the division title.

All other divisions decided not to have a playoff tournament.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

The only AHL playoffs will be in the Pacific division. Teams 4 through 7 compete in a single elimination, with the remaining team then playing 1st, and 2nd vs 3rd in a 3 game round. The 2 finalists will then play a 3 game final for the division title.

All other divisions decided not to have a playoff tournament.

TY sir...so I take it the Amerks do not play at all?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.