Michael Houser presser May 11, 9:30 am.

Eleven

8 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I think he's going to say there was a disconnect between his ability to stop all the pucks and the team's ability to win. 

No way, there was complete connection (synergy?) between those two abilities.

Anyone think Houser is going to demand a trade?

Edited by Curt
  • Haha (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

In two starts in ROC he's now got a .952 save percentage. Other than the 1 dud game he's played well so far.

If he keeps it up, do you trade Tokarski for some forward help, and let Houser back up UPL?

So after 6 games, he’s the 2nd coming of Tim Thomas?

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

So after 6 games, he’s the 2nd coming of Tim Thomas?

Likely not... Thats why I have him at AHL backup level... Maybe.

With Tokarski we have a known ceiling. Houser we still don't... But to your point, we don't know the floor either, where we do with Toker.

As a Sabres fan first, I'd be willing to take the chance to see more... Potentially at the expense of ROC of he didn't pan out.

43 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Really, who is this guy?

I was away for a month.

Our sixth string goalie who came in and played really well, except when he didn’t. Won two straight games against the Islanders, got shelled by Pittsburgh and then played pretty good against them again in a losing effort. Jack even gave him a shout out in his press conference. I don’t think he is the answer, but maybe gets a look next year. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 5/15/2021 at 11:32 AM, New Scotland (NS) said:

Sixth string?

Man!!  That has really got to be very near the bottom of the barrel, eh?

Good for him.

Up until now he's been a career ECHLer.  At the AHL level he didn't look very special over a handful of games.  He played lights out in three of the four games he's played for the Sabres at the end of the season, his only NHL experience thus far.

Oh, and he was born with two clubbed feet.  The reason he became a goalie is he couldn't skate fast enough for any other position in hockey.

He's mature, 28 year old I think, so he doesn't have the NHL jitters too bad.  He's kind of like Granato.... just totally enjoying any time he can get at the NHL level.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.