IF the Sabres trade Jack and Sam...

LabattBlue

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

This isn't the lame ass corners of the sporting internet you must visit where everyone just blindly defends their team and stands firm on their opinions regardless of intelligent arguments that might otherwise sway them. This is Sabrespace.

I don't need to avoid saying something bad about the contract of a guy on another team because one of that team's loyal followers might take a shot at my team, which I must then illogically defend to the death. 

Ya, the Sabres have had a ton of bad contracts.

We know. We've shared a few thoughts about it, actually. Over the years. 

I am not a big believer of +/- especially for offence first players but after your post I looked it up. Lots of offence first players have bad +/-. 

Dahlin E Staal N. Patrick Rhino Laine Savard Hughes Olofsson Sanheim Miller Wheeler are the top 11 in order...silly stat if you ask me.

I don't want to trade Reinhart necessarily but does anyone think there's a package that can be sent to Calgary, returning Tkachuk?

I'd love to have a chance at having a Tkachuk on the Sabres. 

Reinhart would be going home so I'd imagine he would be happy and Tkachuk would get a fresh start in a small market not in Canada. 

6 minutes ago, Norcal said:

I don't want to trade Reinhart necessarily but does anyone think there's a package that can be sent to Calgary, returning Tkachuk?

I'd love to have a chance at having a Tkachuk on the Sabres. 

Reinhart would be going home so I'd imagine he would be happy and Tkachuk would get a fresh start in a small market not in Canada. 

There’s been a fair amount of discussion around getting Tkachuk in return for Eichel on here but a Samson deal could be feasible, too. We definitely have to add to it but there are avenues. I wonder if a Samson and Risto for Tkachuk deal has any legs?

Just now, Hoss said:

There’s been a fair amount of discussion around getting Tkachuk in return for Eichel on here but a Samson deal could be feasible, too. We definitely have to add to it but there are avenues. I wonder if a Samson and Risto for Tkachuk deal has any legs?

Samson seems to be trending up and Tkachuk down in their Careers.  I know Calgary isn't happy with Monahan and he's expensive.  maybe bring him an Tkachuk for Risto, Samson.   Gets the Flames out of the Monhan contract (through 22/23)  Monahan would be Sabres #1 Centre< Shielding the young Centers on the team....Cozens, Mitts and Beneirs.  

18 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I'd be willing to do that deal. 

11 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Samson seems to be trending up and Tkachuk down in their Careers.  I know Calgary isn't happy with Monahan and he's expensive.  maybe bring him an Tkachuk for Risto, Samson.   Gets the Flames out of the Monhan contract (through 22/23)  Monahan would be Sabres #1 Centre< Shielding the young Centers on the team....Cozens, Mitts and Beneirs.  

If Sam really wants out I think this could satisfy both parties and gives some flexibility in the Eichel trade return as well.