2022 NHL Draft Rankings

Buffalonill

33 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

The full list 

Interesting. I think we can safely say that Yurov, Trikozov and Miroshnichenko are all going to slide. Trikozov in particular is probably safe to bet on being available at 41 if we wanted him.

Mateychuk, Bichsel, and Chesley all next to eachother in the rankings is... something special.

Lambert at 16 makes me feel meh. I really hope the Islanders take him with the family connection and the Raty (fellow countryman) connection.

Apparently NHL scouts really love Korchinski's favorite move of cutting back. Talking about him having the most assists in the WHL sounds nice until you actually look at those assists and understand how many 2nd assists and ppa are in there. 19 even strength 2nd assists, 14pp 2nd assists, and 27 total pp assists.

Frank Nazar at 15 is the Alex Newhook of 2022.

• Thanks (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I find the ranges interesting. It is definitely not a consensus year..

Adams made a great observation on WGR about how the Sabres at 9, 16, 28 and 41 have a toe in just about every tier of the draft.

He said this allows them a ton of flexibility in terms of moving up or down. The conversations have already been had to set up the parameters for multiple potential moves, depending on how the draft unfolds.

He also said his team regards this draft as deep, in that he thinks it stretches far enough that they will get good players with all 4 of their early picks.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I find the ranges interesting. It is definitely not a consensus year.

Nemec was as low as 2 but as high as 7

Gauthier was 3-10

Jiricek 5-12

Kemell 4-14

Lekkerimaki 4-17

Savoie 6-15

Kasper 5-21

Korchinski, Mintyukov and Geekie got top 10 consideration from scouts.

5-12 you say.  Hmm ...

I know it won’t, but if the draft were to fall just as McKenzie’s list does, I would like the Sabres to do the following:

9) Kasper, Savoie, or Nazar

16) Miroshnichenko or Ohgren 

28) Mesar, Beck, or Luneau

41) Goyette, Trikozov, Lutz, Lorenz, Warren, or Lamoreux

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

If the draft actually fell exactly like the TSN list.

Sabres would take Savoie, Lambert, Gauthier and Warren.

That would be a pretty good haul.  Though I wouldn't be a huge fan of the Guathier pick, he does bring size and could be a pretty good 4th line Center down the road.

Gaucher, Nathan.  Gauthier, Cutter, is another guy.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Curt said:

I know it won’t, but if the draft were to fall just as McKenzie’s list does, I would like the Sabres to do the following:

9) Kasper, Savoie, or Nazar

16) Miroshnichenko or Ohgren 

28) Mesar, Beck, or Luneau

41) Goyette, Trikozov, Lutz, Lorenz, Warren, or Lamoreux

No

but also

No in bold

Brad Lambert... what a polarizing prospect but read up and watch up.

and if you care what is my take on Lambert?

I think Brad Lambert has every tool I could want in a player. His hands are sublime, his skating is electric. He can layer deceptive rushes with deceptive hands and shoulder fakes. His ability to cut and dangle is the best in this draft probably. I don't see attitude problems on the ice, he is always trying but I think the Liiga is not a great place to develop and now that I have seen Raty and Lambert face similar things I don't know how to feel about that league.

Lambert at 16 is possible, as I said I would feel somewhat meh about it because it is very high risk and HIGH reward. I would get him to NA and into the CHL ASAP if the Sabres draft him because he has a lot to work on mentally. His solo skills are great but he played with such bad linemates that he justifiably believes he has to do it himself. His stagnation in Liiga ia a red flag so you have to be very sure as a team you can get him to NA and that he will be willing to put in the work needed to take his game to the next level. He sits at 20 on my personal board but his skill is easily top 5. With 3 first round picks, one of them should be a swing for the fences type and Lambert at 16 could be it. He reminds me of Nazar if Nazar had bad linemates and couldn't pass (he can). If you want to play a Colorado style of relentless checking and attack, Lambert is one of the top players at doing that.

High risk here. He lacks production and has for over 2 seasons but if you think you can teach him how to use teammates and get him decent teammates, look out.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I liked Geekie's interview on NHL draft class. Dispelled a bit of uncertainty about him. Said he likes Baseball, but loves hockey. Knows his skating  needed to improe and has taken steps to do so. Also said that he hopes he has finished growing so he can fill out and also improve skating even more. Feels like he had to work on increasing skill to beat guys due to lack of skating early on. He's making all the sounds of a late bloomer that I think Adams likes.

Edited by steveoath
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Looking back to how close Bob was in getting the top 8 right year by year 

2015 he got 7/8.  He had Crouse a little too high.  He had Werenski at 11, who went in the top 8

his guy at 9 was Barzel, interestingly enough

2016 -  he hit on all 8 guys taken prior to the 9th pick 

2017 - 7 of 8    Vilardi he had at 5 and actually went 11th   the Rangers took Andersson who Bob had at 15

2018 only 6 of the 8  Hayton and Boqvist were taken in the actual draft in the top 8.  Bob had Dobson and Bouchard in his top 8 but went Iater 

2019  6 of 8  He had Podkolzin and Zegras on top 8   While it was Seider and Broberg who moved up 

2020  he got all the top 10 guys right   Though he had Rossi and Perfetti gone prior to 9th with Holtz and Quinn in the 9/10 spots  

2021  another accurate rankings as he got the top 9 guys taken correct   Though he had Guenther at 6 and he was taken 9th     Bob had Johnson at 9. 

so the last 2 draft rankings have been extremely accurate by Bob.  We will see if he continues the trend 

I’d say the only guy he really missed on in the last 7 is Seider 

Edited by Crusader1969
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

If the draft actually fell exactly like the TSN list.

Sabres would take Savoie, Lambert, Gauthier and Warren.

That would be a pretty good haul.  Though I wouldn't be a huge fan of the Guathier pick, he does bring size and could be a pretty good 4th line Center down the road.

You think he's a 4th line center ? 

3 hours ago, steveoath said:

I liked Geekie's interview on NHL draft class. Dispelled a bit of uncertainty about him. Said he likes Baseball, but loves hockey. Knows his skating  needed to improe and has taken steps to do so. Also said that he hopes he has finished growing so he can fill out and also improve skating even more. Feels like he had to work on increasing skill to beat guys due to lack of skating early on. He's making all the sounds of a late bloomer that I think Adams likes.

He's my mega bust of the draft hopefully he has a successful career but im hoping buffalo does not draft him 

1 hour ago, Crusader1969 said:

Looking back to how close Bob was in getting the top 8 right year by year 

2015 he got 7/8.  He had Crouse a little too high.  He had Werenski at 11, who went in the top 8

his guy at 9 was Barzel, interestingly enough

2016 -  he hit on all 8 guys taken prior to the 9th pick 

2017 - 7 of 8    Vilardi he had at 5 and actually went 11th   the Rangers took Andersson who Bob had at 15

2018 only 6 of the 8  Hayton and Boqvist were taken in the actual draft in the top 8.  Bob had Dobson and Bouchard in his top 8 but went Iater 

2019  6 of 8  He had Podkolzin and Zegras on top 8   While it was Seider and Broberg who moved up 

2020  he got all the top 10 guys right   Though he had Rossi and Perfetti gone prior to 9th with Holtz and Quinn in the 9/10 spots  

2021  another accurate rankings as he got the top 9 guys taken correct   Though he had Guenther at 6 and he was taken 9th     Bob had Johnson at 9. 

so the last 2 draft rankings have been extremely accurate by Bob.  We will see if he continues the trend 

I’d say the only guy he really missed on in the last 7 is Seider 

Bob doesn’t scout or rank players himself.

He talks to NHL scouts and his list is an aggregate of the scouts rankings.

His list is the best because it shows what the actual NHL scouts and front offices are thinking and is always the best indicator of how the draft will go. There will always be outliers though.

Edited by Flashsabre
  • Like (+1) 2

On 6/27/2022 at 12:29 PM, French Collection said:

With the amount of picks, the lack of signed goalie prospects and with the uncertainty in net, they need to draft a goalie. This should happen every draft so that they get an NHL caliber one every few years.

I'll take Hugo Hävelid with a 3rd or 4th if available.  I agree that we need to add another GT in this draft.

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

Bob doesn’t scout or rank players himself.

He talks to NHL scouts and his list is an aggregate of the scouts rankings.

His list is the best because it shows what the actual NHL scouts and front offices are thinking and is always the best indicator of how the draft will go. There will always be outliers though.

Sorry meant his list , not himself.  
thanks, I should have clarified that

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

You think he's a 4th line center ? 

Meant to Gaucher who Bob had at 28   My mistake 

Updated Consensus Board - 15 rankings only one not a final is FC hockey from April

Top 5 - Wright, Cooley, Slafkovsky, Nemec, Jiricek

6 & 7 - Savoie, Kemell

8- 12 - Gauthier, Lekkerimaki, Nazar, Yurov, Korchinski

13 - 15 - Lambert, Mintyukov, Mateychuk

16 - 18 - Kasper, Geekie, McGroarty - Personal Note:  Kasper will go before 16th and I'd take all the players 19-23 below before Geekie and McGroarty

19 - 23 - Ohgren, Howard, Kulich, Miroshniichenko, Ostlund

24 - 27 - Firkus, Snuggerud, Mesar, Pickering - Snuggerud seems to be a player moving up the rankings.

28- 32 - Chesley, Bichsel, Luneau, Gaucher, Odelius - Chesley, Gaucher and Luneau would all be great picks at 28 IMHO

Second Round

33 - 37 - Beck, Del Bel Belluz, Hutson, Casey, Goyette

38 - 40 - Trikozov, Havelid and Hughes

41 - 46 - Perevalov, Nelson, Rinzel, Bystedt, Zhilkin, Salomonsson

47 - 49 - Lorenz, Nyman,  Sapovaliv

50 -54 - Forsmark, Lamoureux, Lutz, Ingram, Hamara

55 - 62 - Schaefer, Lund, Warren, Sykora, McConnell-Baker, Lindgren, Poitras, Ludwinski - I expect Schaefer, Lund and Warren to all go higher than 55.  

63 - 65 -James, Grudinin, Minten

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Thanks (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Reports that Miroshnichenko plans to be in Montreal for the draft.

That’s good.  Appears that he wants to show everyone (1) hey look, I’m healthy! and (2) hey look, I really want to be in NA!

Not surprising given previous reports that he tried to come over for his draft season but a visa snafu held him up.

I would feel really good about drafting him at #16.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.