2022 NHL Draft Rankings

Buffalonill

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

Lost all credibility with those ranking

I don’t think it should be viewed as a real draft ranking.  I bet if Bader was actually drafting, he wouldn’t follow his own model’s rankings exactly. I’d say that it should more be used as a investigative tool, not an end all be all ranking.

33 minutes ago, Curt said:

I don’t think it should be viewed as a real draft ranking.  I bet if Bader was actually drafting, he wouldn’t follow his own model’s rankings exactly. I’d say that it should more be used as a investigative tool, not an end all be all ranking.

He has been shiting on Juraj all year i don't get it 

22 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Within this link is a 12 min segment with Sam Cosentino from Sportsnet on WGR's Howard and Jeremy Show talking about the draft. He described the player rankings as volatile. 

https://www.audacy.com/wgr550/authors/howard-and-jeremy-show

I have followed the draft since the early 90s and I would bet this season would be the most volatile and if you lined up every team’s draft board and compared them that each one would be wildly different. Between Covid and lack of playing time for some leagues the past few years and the Russia situation it all leads to very divergent views on players from each team.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I have followed the draft since the early 90s and I would bet this season would be the most volatile and if you lined up every team’s draft board and compared them that each one would be wildly different. Between Covid and lack of playing time for some leagues the past few years and the Russia situation it all leads to very divergent views on players from each team.

Even on this forum with a number of astute prospect evaluators there has been a diverse evaluation of this class. There will be some selections that many will boo but eventually cheer; and there will be some selections that many will cheer but eventually boo. This is going to be an intriguing draft. 

22 hours ago, Curt said:

Baders model is all over the place here is a comparison between Clarke and Power. 

80C28CCB-1FA1-4E93-864D-10D806E68BF4.png

Want to add a name that has been discussed before at 28. (If available)

JAGGER FIRKUS
RW | MOOSE JAW WARRIORS
20 5 7 6 Rank Skating Shooting Passing
A 6.5 7 4 Grade Puckhandling Hockey Sense Physical
HEIGHT 5'10" D.O.B. APR.24,2004 WEIGHT 154 SHOOTS RIGHT
           “His skill level is phenomenal. I don’t think it’s a stretch to call his hands among the best in the draft. He might take a while to make the NHL though since he’s so far from physically ready.” - Eastern Conference Scout in May 2022

2 weeks till the draft and I’m hoping 

9 - Nazar    Fast, tenacious, skilled

16.  Bichsel  mobile and mean 

28 - Firkus, Lambert or a Russian that has dropped.     Sabres have the draft capital to swing for the fences at 28     Boom or Bust 

On 6/22/2022 at 3:34 PM, Brawndo said:

On the Marek Show there has been rumblings that Marco Kasper is moving into the Top Ten. 

I could see Detroit grabbing Him. 

Agree. I could see Kasper and JJP being good friends. Detroit seems like a good fit with the SHL connection to some of their other top prospects. Gauthier would also be a good fit but probably doesn’t make it to #9. 

6 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Good Wheeler Q&A with Brad Lambert in the Athletic this morning.

Not revelatory, but the kid comes across well - actually like someone Adams would like. He talks about his hatred for losing and his love for hockey.

Would love to have just needs to tell his dad to kick rocks.

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

Not revelatory, but the kid comes across well - actually like someone Adams would like. He talks about his hatred for losing and his love for hockey.

Jack hated losing….

I’ll see myself out now.

4 hours ago, dudacek said:

My problem with Lambert is that his hands are not connected to his head. He can get to point B from A but has no F'ing clue what to do once he is there and his shot is not threatening. So you have a guy with great skating and good hands who then does nothing with the puck. He's like the anti-Reinhart.

8 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

Want to add a name that has been discussed before at 28. (If available)

JAGGER FIRKUS
RW | MOOSE JAW WARRIORS
20 5 7 6 Rank Skating Shooting Passing
A 6.5 7 4 Grade Puckhandling Hockey Sense Physical
HEIGHT 5'10" D.O.B. APR.24,2004 WEIGHT 154 SHOOTS RIGHT
           “His skill level is phenomenal. I don’t think it’s a stretch to call his hands among the best in the draft. He might take a while to make the NHL though since he’s so far from physically ready.” - Eastern Conference Scout in May 2022

2 weeks till the draft and I’m hoping 

9 - Nazar    Fast, tenacious, skilled

16.  Bichsel  mobile and mean 

28 - Firkus, Lambert or a Russian that has dropped.     Sabres have the draft capital to swing for the fences at 28     Boom or Bust 

Bichsel is being over drafted. He is a 5/6 defender at best that should go in the 2nd round but won't because he is big and hits things. He's a poor mans Ristolainen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

My problem with Lambert is that his hands are not connected to his head. He can get to point B from A but has no F'ing clue what to do once he is there and his shot is not threatening. So you have a guy with great skating and good hands who then does nothing with the puck. He's like the anti-Reinhart.

Bichsel is being over drafted. He is a 5/6 defender at best that should go in the 2nd round but won't because he is big and hits things. He's a poor mans Ristolainen.

I’ll take a Risto that is properly developed - just like the Mule was

5 hours ago, dudacek said:

Firkus has a Tyler Ennis ceiling.

There was talk in the combine about how small and skinny he was, like a 12-year-old.

If you can get Ennis at 28. You’ve done well

Edited by Crusader1969

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.