2022 NHL Draft Rankings

Buffalonill

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

Even with those players i dont see buffalo breaking out of last to be honest.

Breaking out of last?  What do you mean by that?  They aren’t finishing last this season and I would be shocked if they finished last next season.

19 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Even with those players i dont see buffalo breaking out of last to be honest.

Lmfao. They aren't last now.

18 hours ago, Curt said:

Breaking out of last?  What do you mean by that?  They aren’t finishing last this season and I would be shocked if they finished last next season.

Especially when teams will actually tank. Tanking isn't just... casually finishing last. Tanking is trying to ensure you finish last so again @Buffalonill are we trading all those players to ensure we finish last aka are we going to gut our team of talent to tank in the standings?

8 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Especially when teams will actually tank. Tanking isn't just... casually finishing last. Tanking is trying to ensure you finish last so again @Buffalonill are we trading all those players to ensure we finish last aka are we going to gut our team of talent to tank in the standings?

Is this season over yet ?  I could easily See this team finishing 2nd worst in the league.

35 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Buffalo  had Jack and sam  And still finished Last in League And we have less talent now.

It's not impossible

Edited by Buffalonill

56 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Buffalo  had Jack and sam  And still finished Last in League And we have less talent now.

It's not impossible

The Sabres have more talent now, not less. They aren't finishing last and finishing last isn't the same thing as tanking. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 3/6/2022 at 6:49 AM, Buffalonill said:

Buffalo will probably tank next year 

They aren’t going to Tank. Using that term just belittles what could be an actual issue

On 3/6/2022 at 8:38 AM, LGR4GM said:

So you think they'll trade tuch, tage, dahlin, okposo, and upl? 

Idk, I doubt it. 

The concern is that they won’t attempt to improve the team to the extent they should, or again fail to prioritize winning, as a side affect of prioritizing draft position. Not tanking, just a lack of urgency in improving. Pushing back the timeline for competitiveness. 

Not sure what will happen and recent Adams comments give me hope - but we’ll have to see how KA approaches the offseason. It’ll be a big tip off, particularly how goaltending is addressed 

4 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Is this season over yet ?  I could easily See this team finishing 2nd worst in the league.

1) No, obviously 

2) 2nd worst isn’t last place

3) Anything is possible, but I think that predicting that they will finish even 2nd worst this season or last next season is a poor bet.

I don’t dismiss these things as possibilities, but you said that you have a hard time seeing them finish anywhere other than last place next season.  I think that is a foolish prediction.

Edited by Curt

11 hours ago, Curt said:

1) No, obviously 

2) 2nd worst isn’t last place

3) Anything is possible, but I think that predicting that they will finish even 2nd worst this season or last next season is a poor bet.

I don’t dismiss these things as possibilities, but you said that you have a hard time seeing them finish anywhere other than last place next season.  I think that is a foolish prediction.

Lost two great players and now buffalo is hoping that "rookies" save the organization next year and tage, skinner both repeat.

That has a recipe for disaster

Edited by Buffalonill

I don't think anyone will save this team next year. They won't make playoffs without Vezina level goaltending but I do think they have more overall talent as a team and in the wings than at any time since 2006. That doesn't mean it all translates but it's a lot more than what this team has in 2018 after ror got traded. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Lost two great players and now buffalo is hoping that "rookies" save the organization next year and tage, skinner both repeat.

That has a recipe for disaster

I don’t think that they are counting on rookies to “save” them.  I don’t think that they are really planning on being good next season (but we’ll see what they do between now and then).  However, I think that having Tuch for a full season combined with improvements from a lot of the young players means that they will probably be better next season than season.

In addition to that, I think there will be a couple teams who flat out blatantly tank (cough*arizona*cough) for the top of the 2023 draft.  Meaning they will purposely sell off good players in an effort to be bad.  Buffalo will not be among that group.

So, while I think Buffalo will still be kind of bad next season, I think the chance that they finish in last place is pretty small.  I think that if you have a difficult time imagining that they don’t finish in last place next season (or this season?) then you are misevaluating the situation.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Has Miroshnichenko now become a huge gamble?
The sort of gamble that might appeal more to a team with 3 picks likely between 20 and 40?

That is the same cancer that Lemieux had. That is a big risk alone, then throw the Russia factor in.

I would stay clear until the third round.

9 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Has Miroshnichenko now become a huge gamble?
The sort of gamble that might appeal more to a team with 3 picks likely between 20 and 40?

Well,  he's Russian and has a major disease so he's very risky. The disease easily explains his slide in play. 

In this draft, depending on the board, I might take him in the 2nd but not the first. My guess is he slides to the late second or early 3rd depending on medicals by draft day. 

Yea at 36th or whatever we get, I'd probably risk it.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.