2022 NHL Draft Rankings

Buffalonill

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I feel like there was a conversation about Kingston being bad at player development recently

They have always been poor but when you are a touted first OA pick you should lift your team up and standout regardless of the talent around you. If you show up at the arena or tune in he should stand out in some manner against his peers.

8 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

I like Cozens taking the role as the #1 center.  He’s matched up With some of the top centres in the league this year and done well vs them.  He might never be a point per game guy but he will work hard, play defensively sound and will chip in offensively as he gains more experience 

Sabres need to take the BPA.  Good news is that pretty good odds a center or RHD will be BPa when they draft 

Oh and don’t sleep on Lambert ! 

Speaking of Lambert

58 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

He's not in my top 10 anymore. Love the talent but I don't have time for the shenanigans. 

I haven't been following this and don't know the back story and details behind the scenes but yes this looks really concerning for what you would want in having a player fit into the team culture and getting a young player that would need to put his head down, learn and work hard to make it to the NHL.

13 minutes ago, Digger said:

I haven't been following this and don't know the back story and details behind the scenes but yes this looks really concerning for what you would want in having a player fit into the team culture and getting a young player that would need to put his head down, learn and work hard to make it to the NHL.

By all accounts his dad is heavily involved

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Digger said:

Sure bring Mom as well.  😄  I can't imagine having my parents involved.  Different generation today for quite a few.

Isn't generational imo, I think Lambert is just odd. Most 18yr olds I interact in with don't want their parents involved. 

28 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Isn't generational imo, I think Lambert is just odd. Most 18yr olds I interact in with don't want their parents involved. 

Or, maybe some of these parents are just extremely overbearing. You have to wonder where Lambert’s motivation comes from and what effect it has had to get him to where he is today. Parents motivating their kids works at younger ages. However, these kids won’t be able to excel without having their own motivation at older ages. Maybe that’s what we are seeing here.

Either way, he’s definitely one to avoid in the draft. Too many red flags and no production to excuse them.  

1 hour ago, kas23 said:

Would you allow his dad to sit in on the interview?

If the word on the street is it’s his dad that is pulling the strings that results in this kid switching teams like that, I may want to interview dad as well.  Separately.   He’s got enough talent to warrant the scrutiny, but if I get red flags in the interviews I move on.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I'm on the Owen Beck train for late 1st round pick. I think he's a guy who will explode as the year progresses and destroy his draft position as soon as next year. Love how he plays. He leads the OHL I think in faceoff wins and is one of the best skaters in the OHL. This is also his first OHL year and he is creeping up to a ppg player. 

4. Owen Beck - Center - Mississauga Steelheads - 6' 190lbs

What drives Beck's game is his speed. For my money, he has to be considered one of the best skaters in this draft class. However, I have been extremely impressed by Beck's ability to see the ice and make plays at top speed, something many other draft eligible speedsters have a tough time with. There's really a lot to like about his game overall. He can play in any situation and his compete level is solid. He is terrific on faceoffs. His shot is a major asset and it truly rounds out his offensive skill set. At first, I wasn't as sure that I saw significant offensive potential in him at the next level, but the more I have watched, the more I have come to believe that he is skilled and intelligent enough to be an eventual second line center. The key for Beck is to become stronger. He does disappear in stretches when he is not able to use his speed to force turnovers or lead the attack, but it's not from a lack of effort. Once he is able to play through contact more sufficiently and hold the wall more consistently, he should develop into an offensive force at the OHL level and beyond. With the NHL game predicated on speed today, you could do a lot worse than Owen Beck at the back half of the first round.

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.com/2022/01/midseason-top-50-for-2022-nhl-entry.html

Edited by LGR4GM

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

I think the team to watch with Lambert will be the Isles if Trotz and Brad’s uncle, Lane Lambert don’t get fired this summer. Lane would have the best grasp of the situation. Barzal and Lambert could be an enticing duo.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Who likes big rhd who probably will be there in round 2? 6'4" Sam Rinzel might be up your alley

He's got a late June bday and should be interesting to watch in the ushl the rest of the year. 

Ah, finally, OUR Logan Stanley

50 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

In Baders model, based on age,  league, production, Nemec's closest comp is Dahlin.

This is based on production, not style of play. 

Honestly, I have not seen a lot of evidence that Bader’s model is very useful for projecting prospects.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.