2022 NHL Draft Rankings

Buffalonill

18 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Nemec is going to be very good but we need to take a center you wont win ***** without a number 1 center 

Who’s the number 1 center in this draft? Seems like there’s some very good players, but I’m not seeing them being much different than what we already have. Maybe Wright, but he’s been underwhelming. 

17 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I can't pass at the opportunity on a number 1 center .

Nemec is good but the nhl is won by goals every good team or  Contender has a number one center 

Do you think Cozens is a #1 center because the p1/ev numbers suggest Cozens is comparable to Savoie. 

If you do p1 that bumps Savoie up a little but he's in that Cozens area of production. 

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't think Savoie is a #1 center

I will disagree but thats my opinion 

We have so many questions marks at center you have to draft a center .

Is casey a center no ? Cozens i think hes a better winger or a 3rd line center 

Who do we have ? 

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Do you think Cozens is a #1 center because the p1/ev numbers suggest Cozens is comparable to Savoie. 

If you do p1 that bumps Savoie up a little but he's in that Cozens area of production. 

Savoie is nothing like Cozens  hes more brayden point

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

I will disagree but thats my opinion 

We have so many questions marks at center you have to draft a center .

Is casey a center no ? Cozens i think hes a better winger or a 3rd line center 

Who do we have ? 

If you think Cozens is a 3rd line center, idk how Savoie is a first line center. 

You don't have to take a center at hypothetical 3rd overall. You have 2 more first round picks as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

If you think Cozens is a 3rd line center, idk how Savoie is a first line center. 

You don't have to take a center at hypothetical 3rd overall. You have 2 more first round picks as well. 

They are not even remotely comparable if you watch them .. so yes i see a first line center 

Just now, Buffalonill said:

They are not even remotely comparable if you watch them .. so yes i see a first line center 

They are in terms of production and production doesn't often lie. Let me grab my computer so I can toss up some numbers, this is a convo btw.

I agree they play different for sure

9 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

They are in terms of production and production doesn't often lie. Let me grab my computer so I can toss up some numbers, this is a convo btw.

I agree they play different for sure

You cant Judge people on numbers anymore it's a flawed system when you don't  Calculate the person's heart and will 

I'm sure if you're going to that system it  Will list a bunch of NHL players that succeeded correct ? 

Okay, p1/ev is primary even strength points and p1/gp is all primary points including pp

Dylan Cozens did this in his DY: 0.6471p1/ev 0.9118p1/gp

Matthew Savoie did this in his DY: 0.5294p1/ev 1.0000p1/gp

So Savoie is less than Cozens at even strength but doing better on the pp. Those are really comparable production wise and that is why if Cozens isn't a #1 c at 6'3" with all his tools, I don't see 5'9" Savoie with his worse ev scoring as a #1 c. Is it possible, yes but I am thinking in term of likelihood so I prefer Nemec because he gives us something we do not have and I think he projects to a top pairing defender which is more valuable to me than a 2c/w which is probably what Savoie tops out at. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

You cant Judge people on numbers anymore it's a flawed system when you don't  Calculate the person's heart and will 

I'm sure if you're going to that system it  Will list a bunch of NHL players that succeeded correct ? 

absolutely but i don't believe Savoie has more heart or drive than Cozens.

Just now, Buffalonill said:

I'm honestly surprised you want to use the numbers when a lot of people said power wasn't going to be that good beacuse  Of the analytics. 

We all look stupid now don't we? 

Power looked okay with the numbers but you can't use numbers as well with defenders because defenders. Forwards the correlations are better. 

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

absolutely but i don't believe Savoie has more heart or drive than Cozens.

Power looked okay with the numbers but you can't use numbers as well with defenders because defenders. Forwards the correlations are better. 

He goes at people with zero  Fear like gerbe did just saying .. and he you have this 

https://winnipegice.ca/video/watch-matthew-savoie-post-game

5 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

He goes at people with zero  Fear like gerbe did just saying .. and he you have this 

https://winnipegice.ca/video/watch-matthew-savoie-post-game

That interview is pretty standard. I like Savoie, but he's not a #1 imo. If the production was higher, I'd consider it but he's producing below Jarvis and Jarvis played with no one. Savoie has a good team and he's leading it, but only by 5 points and that's with his pp proficiency. 

If you watch his tape he has good not great skating, his shot is nice, good passing, great compete. His transitions are good. He's really a discount version of Seth Jarvis and I don't see first line center there. I'm not sure he's a center at the NHL level. 

Good back and forth here guys, enjoying it 

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

I'm honestly surprised you want to use the numbers when a lot of people said power wasn't going to be that good beacuse  Of the analytics. 

We all look stupid now don't we? 

I will add that no one looks anything until we see what any prospect does in the actual NHL 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

That interview is pretty standard. I like Savoie, but he's not a #1 imo. If the production was higher, I'd consider it but he's producing below Jarvis and Jarvis played with no one. Savoie has a good team and he's leading it, but only by 5 points and that's with his pp proficiency. 

If you watch his tape he has good not great skating, his shot is nice, good passing, great compete. His transitions are good. He's really a discount version of Seth Jarvis and I don't see first line center there. I'm not sure he's a center at the NHL level. 

What pick does Savoie start to make sense for Buffalo?

34 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I don’t know where  anyone truly stands this year. With Covid the past 2 seasons disrupting everything and the WJCs getting cancelled it is hard to know. Even all these sites are completely all over the map with rankings outside of Wright at 1 OA. And really Wright hasn’t earned it this year with his play but there isn’t a guy that can easily slide into that first spot. I mean is Cooley even better than Savoie? They are about the same size and play a similar game.

This might be a year where it will be hard to get too worked up about who they pick in the top 10 and every team’s board will be wildly different.

Edited by Flashsabre

57 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Can't say yet but maybe in the 4-7 range. Really depends on now to April and what happens in the draft. 

Too far out still but idk if there's anything short of really upping his ev scoring that could convince me that's a #1 center. 

Edited by LGR4GM

I like Cozens taking the role as the #1 center.  He’s matched up With some of the top centres in the league this year and done well vs them.  He might never be a point per game guy but he will work hard, play defensively sound and will chip in offensively as he gains more experience 

Sabres need to take the BPA.  Good news is that pretty good odds a center or RHD will be BPa when they draft 

Oh and don’t sleep on Lambert ! 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Kingston loses to Hamilton 8-1. 

Wright 0 points

Not trying to rip on the kid but it is concerning that his game isn’t more prominent at this point in the season.

I feel like there was a conversation about Kingston being bad at player development recently

53 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

I like Cozens taking the role as the #1 center.  He’s matched up With some of the top centres in the league this year and done well vs them.  He might never be a point per game guy but he will work hard, play defensively sound and will chip in offensively as he gains more experience 

Sabres need to take the BPA.  Good news is that pretty good odds a center or RHD will be BPa when they draft 

There will be 2-3 wingers there too. The 2-8 range is a mess currently

1 hour ago, Crusader1969 said:

He is a possession driver as well, leads the Sabres as of now. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.