2022 NHL Draft Rankings

Buffalonill

32 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

This makes me want Jiricek a little more. He won't need to be the main rush threat when paired with Power or Dahlin but he's nasty in the defensive zone. 

At what point in the draft are you looking at these guys? If Sabres are drafting 3-6 are you taking these guys over the forwards in that range?

37 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

We gotta start talking about Gleb

I look at Russian box scores every day.  I notice quite often he’s MIA from all 3 levels of Omskie. I’m thinking he’s had a few injuries this season but it’s just a guess 

played in 10 of 39 VHL games and 15 of 32 MHL games 

Edited by Crusader1969
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Man if Kasper fell to the 2nd round along with Owen Beck I would be pretty happy to get both. Looks like 80 names on Craig's List for January. 

Logan Cooley is #2 and Matthew Savoie is #8 which I find interesting. Cooley has been growing on me but idk if I would put him at 2 yet. Really hope Jiricek is able to get back before seasons end to play a bit more, not sure when the Czechia league year ends but it would have to go into April. 

22 minutes ago, Thorny said:

4 centres at the top looks good to me...

CSS rankings are about as useful as a turd flavor lollipop. 

The year 2089, global warming means only in the far north of Canada and Siberia is ice hockey played anymore, CSS releases their rankings of the only 20 kids worth drafting, still split it up by NA and INT. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

CSS rankings are about as useful as a turd flavor lollipop. 

The year 2089, global warming means only in the far north of Canada and Siberia is ice hockey played anymore, CSS releases their rankings of the only 20 kids worth drafting, still split it up by NA and INT. 

If we keep the 5 "D"s of drafting in mind I'm sure we'll be ok 

With that said, I am really coming around on Logan Cooley, there really isn't anything to dislike about him other than he isn't 6'4" but hopefully there is a combine to get a real height and weight. I could see him playing C or wing if needed but think C really suits him. 

Jiricek, Nemec, and Slafskovsky are 3 other players I genuinely like (Wright too but I assume we don't get him)

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

If we keep the 5 "D"s of drafting in mind I'm sure we'll be ok 

lol, I am trying to think of what those will be but I can only envision Patches saying dodge duck dip dive and dodge

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

All things being equal, I now believe RHD is a bigger organizational need than C 

I could see the argument that the biggest need is 1C. But In this draft, you aren’t  going to improve much over what they already have. there definitely isn’t a eichel / Matthews level guy in this years draft 

Wright is different animal I think. At least in terms of raw offensive ceiling relative to the Cs we have.

As for the others in range, I suppose the idea is more so, the more reasonably-likely 2Cs you acquire, the more you improve your odds one emerges as a 1C. Making the bet safer and all that. 

RD too though. I'm totally good with a RD being the pick. There just really should be one of each within the 3 1sts combined. 

6 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Man if Kasper fell to the 2nd round along with Owen Beck I would be pretty happy to get both. Looks like 80 names on Craig's List for January. 

Logan Cooley is #2 and Matthew Savoie is #8 which I find interesting. Cooley has been growing on me but idk if I would put him at 2 yet. Really hope Jiricek is able to get back before seasons end to play a bit more, not sure when the Czechia league year ends but it would have to go into April. 

Going off Craig’s list and hoping one of the panthers or Knights go out in round 1

My way too early mock for the Sabres 

1) David Jiricek
2) Brad Lambert (need him to continue to struggle to put up point with JYP)
3) Filip Mesar 
4) Glen Trikozov (continue drafting Russians in rd 2)

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Wright is different animal I think. At least in terms of raw offensive ceiling relative to the Cs we have.

As for the others in range, I suppose the idea is more so, the more reasonably-likely 2Cs you acquire, the more you improve your odds one emerges as a 1C. Making the bet safer and all that. 

RD too though. I'm totally good with a RD being the pick. There just really should be one of each within the 3 1sts combined. 

I’m really starting to wonder, with Wright, how much offensive upside there actually is. 
im not sure there’s any more than what there is for Cozens or Krebs

but I’m when I’m talking about this years draft options - I’m assuming the Sabres don’t get lucky with the ping pong balls once again 

6 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Almost hope Jiricek doesn't play again this year & either Vegas or the Swamp Cats have a 1st round exit & somehow he slides all the way to the mid-teens and is sitting there when that pick comes up.

The concept of Jiricek is intriguing.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/sportsnets-2022-nhl-draft-prospect-rankings-january-edition/

Outside of Wright at #1 these rankings are absolutely all over the place.

My favorite thing has been watching the post wjc flailing. 

Also this ranking reminds me of why anchoring is worth discussing. The concept that your first ranking is where players stick and psychologically you justify not moving them. Miroshnichenko, Lambert, are two players that fall into this. Most scouts will tell you Miroshnichenko is not currently the best Russian

Thoughts on a draft scenario that looks like this? We take Cooley with our first pick, and then move both firsts and Ryan Johnson (assuming he doesn’t sign after the college season) to move back into the top 8ish and pick one of Nemec/Jiriceck. Not sure if that value is right, but will this team be better with a Cozens level talent and 2 Asplund level talents or 2 Cozens level talents? Just a thought.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.