2022 NHL Draft Rankings

Buffalonill

6 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

He's likely going to drop 4 or 5 imo but his attitude has been a huge problem this year and his father isn't helping

He obviously will mature but im done with players that are  Divas

I'm unsure Lambert will go top 5 but lots of time left b4 the draft. 

He could be a pain in the ass on NHL ice in the defensive zone. Jiříček is a guy where if he has you in his crosshairs, you are not going to enjoy the next 15-30 seconds of ice time. He loves to push into attackers in the slot right as they are about to get fed a pass and he wants them to lose possession of the puck. He does a solid job of boxing out forwards...

... He can be very aggressive and shove attackers down to the ice at net-front. Loves to play a physical game and deliver booming hits. He is well-rounded with his physicality. You will see him be physical at open ice, the half-wall and the corners. 

Jiricek is a 6'3" 190lb, RHD

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I hope Lambert finds his game in order to make the top picks more interesting.

I have not given up on him but he merits close scrutiny to determine if his peak was at age 16 or if he can take the next step.

I am sure there are tons of scouts watching every shift of his.

I agree with the authors conclusion that the Liiga has not been a good development league for top forwards recently. If I were Lambert I would head to NA and the WHL next year, I also have heard rumors though his father pulls the strings and I want nothing to do with that regardless of how skilled I think Lambert is. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I agree with the authors conclusion that the Liiga has not been a good development league for top forwards recently. If I were Lambert I would head to NA and the WHL next year, I also have heard rumors though his father pulls the strings and I want nothing to do with that regardless of how skilled I think Lambert is. 

he could come in and light up the WJC.  huge month for his draft position.

17 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

he could come in and light up the WJC.  huge month for his draft position.

I would expect him to look better because he can stickhandle and skate around ppl. It will be an inverse of Power at the WC though. At the WC Power showed he could play with men and be successful, Lambert has shown he can play with his age and be successful but it has 100% not translated. I think a lot of that is he isn't Liiga ready and I think the game is moving far faster than his brain can process it. 

Watching Lambert highlights is awesome because the speed and the skills are electric but man, when you start dissecting his hockey IQ... it's like putting an Apple 2E in a Tesla. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.