2022 NHL Draft Rankings

Buffalonill

3 hours ago, French Collection said:

Consolidated mock draft at Elite Prospects. They use around a dozen mock drafts to create this list.

1Shane Wright (C)Kingston Frontenacs OHL

2Matthew Savoie (C)Winnipeg Ice WHL

3Simon Nemec (D)HK Nitra Slovakia

4Juraj Slafkovsky (LW)TPS Liiga

5Brad Lambert (C/RW)JYP Liiga

6Ivan Miroshnichenko (LW)Omskie Krylia VHL

7Danila Yurov (RW)Metallurg Magnitogorsk KHL

8Logan Cooley (C)U.S. National U18 Team USDP

9Joakim Kemell (RW)JYP Liiga

10Conor Geekie (C)Winnipeg Ice WHL

11David Jiricek (D)HC Plzen Czech

12Rutger McGroarty (C)U.S. National U18 Team USDP

13Elias Salomonsson (D)Skellefteå AIK J20 J20 Nationell

14Frank Nazar (RW)U.S. National U18 Team USDP

15Seamus Casey (D)U.S. National U18 Team USDP

16Isaac Howard (LW)U.S. National U18 Team USDP

17Ryan Chesley (D)U.S. National U18 Team USDP

18Jonathan Lekkerimäki (C)Djurgårdens IF J20 J20 Nationell

19Tristan Luneau (D)Gatineau Olympiques QMJHL

20Noah Östlund (C)Djurgårdens IF J20 J20 Nationell

21Ty Nelson (D)North Bay Battalion OHL

22Nathan Gaucher (C)Québec Remparts QMJHL

23Filip Mesar (W/C)HK Poprad Slovakia

24Denton Mateychuk (D)Moose Jaw Warriors WHL

25Marco Kasper (C)Rögle BK SHL

26Cutter Gauthier (LW)U.S. National U18 Team USDP

27Jack Hughes (C)Northeastern Univ. NCAA

28Liam Öhgren (LW)Djurgårdens IF J20 J20 Nationell

29Ludwig Persson (C/LW)Frölunda HC J20 J20 Nationell

30Alexander Perevalov (LW)Loko Yaroslavl MHL

31Simon Forsmark (D)Örebro HK J20 J20 Nationell

32Pano Fimis (C)Niagara IceDogs OHL

32Ludvig Jansson (D)Södertälje SK HockeyAllsvenskan

32Arseni Koromyslov (D)SKA-1946 St. Petersburg MHL

32Bryce McConnell-Barker (C)Soo Greyhounds OHL

32Antonin Verreault (LW)Gatineau Olympiques QMJHL

32Danny Zhilkin (C)Guelph Storm OHL

Looks like it might be unlikely we grab a centre in the top 10 if we end up picking in the 4-10 range I kinda expect us to.

But grabbing a couple with our three picks in the 20-40 range shouldn’t be a problem.

On 11/22/2021 at 3:22 PM, Crusader1969 said:

I've been thinking about this today. 

Am i crazy in thinking that I would rather Savoie than Wright?

Wright is undoubtedly a better all round player than Savoie. Wright is a leader and will one day be captain of his NHL team.

However, for the Sabres, I think they could use the guy with the most offensive upside and thats Savoie.

My thinking is that  Cozens checks a lot of the same boxes that Wright does, making Wright redundant to a point.

Wright is a different breed they're not similar at all 

6 hours ago, dudacek said:

Looks like it might be unlikely we grab a centre in the top 10 if we end up picking in the 4-10 range I kinda expect us to.

But grabbing a couple with our three picks in the 20-40 range shouldn’t be a problem.

That was my first thought when I saw this list, too. Gotta go BPA with the top pick. 

But I see no reason they can’t or shouldn’t find a way to have 1 or 2 centres at the top of their list, a bit further down in the first 

7 hours ago, dudacek said:

Why unlikely? Lambert, Geekie and Cooley would fall into that 4-10 range I would guess 

who knows. , maybe Savoie falls too cause of “size”

1 hour ago, Crusader1969 said:

Why unlikely? Lambert, Geekie and Cooley would fall into that 4-10 range I would guess

That's still less than 50 % odds on a straight statistical analysis.

And I could be wrong, because I only have a superficial understanding of each prospect, but Lambert and Geekie don't strike me as the types of players the Sabres favour.

11 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I’m sure they’re aware of him and interested if they’re picking in the mid to late top 10.

ill regurgitate from Scouching from last Thursday....he calls him Fine, not involved Defensively , unreliable passing and moving the puck at the KHL level.  Says he should still  be a top 10 /15 pick and has the skill to rip apart the MHL.  Not really sold on him overall. 

4 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

I was right about Raty and Lundell? 

too early to say but you were definitely off of where they would be drafted.   However, if they turn into players who should have been drafted top 10, you should wear that as a badge of honour Or Honor (depending on where you live)

5 hours ago, dudacek said:

That's still less than 50 % odds on a straight statistical analysis.

And I could be wrong, because I only have a superficial understanding of each prospect, but Lambert and Geekie don't strike me as the types of players the Sabres favour.

I can see Lambert but not Geekie - can you expand? 

15 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

too early to say but you were definitely off of where they would be drafted.   However, if they turn into players who should have been drafted top 10, you should wear that as a badge of honour Or Honor (depending on where you live)

I can see Lambert but not Geekie - can you expand? 

Sabres have shown a real tendency to want self-starters who are fast and play fast.

From the little I've read, Geekie doesn't seem to fit the mould, at least the fast part.

Not saying they won't pick him because he's not fast, am saying they may prefer a similarly ranked player who is more their mould if both are available when they pick, like they reportedly preferred Ekblad to McTavish.

No real insight here, just spitballing. They may think Geekie's speed is fine and absolutely love everything else he brings to the table.

My point was more I don't see a bunch of no-brainer Sabre-style centres between 4 and 10.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Sabres have shown a real tendency to want self-starters who are fast and play fast.

From the little I've read, Geekie doesn't seem to fit the mould, at least the fast part.

Not saying they won't pick him because he's not fast, am saying they may prefer a similarly ranked player who is more their mould if both are available when they pick, like they reportedly preferred Ekblad to McTavish.

No real insight here, just spitballing. They may think Geekie's speed is fine and absolutely love everything else he brings to the table.

I agree, though they took Quinn, who isnt a speedster.  the Lambert vs Geekie would definitely be an interesting debate

48 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

I agree, though they took Quinn, who isnt a speedster.  the Lambert vs Geekie would definitely be an interesting debate

Yes, but Quinn plays fast. Makes very quick decisions, pressures the puck and moves it lightning quick.

I'm picturing Geekie as a more slow-the-game-down, buy space and time with his body type (yes, like Staal, or like the current Tage Thompson, whom the Sabres seem to love, so what do I know?)

Edited by dudacek

Sabres currently in line for, surprise, pick 8. As of course is tradition. (Ristolainen, Nylander, Mittelstadt, Quinn)

I could see the Sabres staying in this spot for the long haul this season honestly, aside from the Islanders we could be better than all the teams below us. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Sabres currently in line for, surprise, pick 8. As of course is tradition. (Ristolainen, Nylander, Mittelstadt, Quinn)

I could see the Sabres staying in this spot for the long haul this season honestly, aside from the Islanders we could be better than all the teams below us. 

I wouldn’t hate that. It would definitely show some progress, and give us another shot at a Quinn/Cozens caliber prospect to help solidify our forward corps. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Thorny said:

I think the Blackhawks, Canucks and Isles are all definitively better. But I also think none of it matters because the Sabres are obviously winning the lottery regardless of where they finish.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.