2022 NHL Draft Rankings

Buffalonill

So I looked at 16 year olds for the first time. The old system I could do everybody, which was good, new system, not so good (I'm taking some data from here, some data from there, very slow). So I only did 10.

Wright didn't play in a league that I grade at 16, but his 15 numbers are really good.

Everyone else was well below where I expected. Yurov was 25th among the admittedly random group of 16 year olds I have scored. He sits with a lot of 8th overalls, Rossi's at 23rd, Cozens' at 24th, Newhook's at 26th. Savoie's at 39th, Kemell's at 41st, Cooley's at 42nd, Lambert's at 44th, Slafkovsky's at 80th, Miro... at 88th. Korchinski is 23rd among defensemen, and I haven't graded many defensemen.

I expect a few guys to have really great DY years (Kemell looks to be having a great start), but the DY-1 was really weak. 

Edited by rakish
There are random letters in Savoie's name

On 10/1/2021 at 4:56 PM, Buffalonill said:

I'm not worried and if he  Magically ends up at the pick where Florida's at we'll hit the jackpot .

But I'm pretty confident when the year's over with he will be in the top 3 

Lambert was back in the line up today.  No points again but his teammate Kemell scored.  Lambert stuck on 1 point on the season.   Kemell has 7 goals and 11 points in his 9 games.    

game between Winnipeg and Regina last night featured 3 prominent prospects

Savoie and Geekie both look to be top 10 in 2022 and Bedard #1 overall in 2023

Nice goal by Savoie.   Both he and Geekie look impressive so far 

https://winnipegice.ca/video/watch-highlights-ice-5-pats-2

Cam Robinson on Twitter 

Edited by Crusader1969
  • Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

game between Winnipeg and Regina last night featured 3 prominent prospects

Savoie and Geekie both look to be top 10 in 2022 and Bedard #1 overall in 2023

Nice goal by Savoie.   Both he and Geekie look impressive so far 

https://winnipegice.ca/video/watch-highlights-ice-5-pats-2

Cam Robinson on Twitter 

Savoie would have been first player to earn exceptional status in the WHL but  He was denied lets see if he takes that  Personally.

Nothing in McKenzie’s highlight videos of Wright had me thinking “wow.” It was mostly video of him shooting wristers at inferior goalies and he does seem to have an accurate shot. But I didn’t see blazing speed, puck handling in a phone booth, or amazing passes. Not saying he doesn’t possess that ability and I haven’t seen the kid play at all, but that McKenzie breakdown did little to impress me. 

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Nothing in McKenzie’s highlight videos of Wright had me thinking “wow.” It was mostly video of him shooting wristers at inferior goalies and he does seem to have an accurate shot. But I didn’t see blazing speed, puck handling in a phone booth, or amazing passes. Not saying he doesn’t possess that ability and I haven’t seen the kid play at all, but that McKenzie breakdown did little to impress me. 

If you are looking at highlight packages to judge how good a player is then you are doing it all wrong. Remember Wright didn’t play hockey at all last year until the Under 18s.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

If you are looking at highlight packages to judge how good a player is then you are doing it all wrong. Remember Wright didn’t play hockey at all last year until the Under 18s.

I totally agree and I’m not looking to judge any player based on highlight reels. That simply cannot be done. I’m only saying the highlights that McKenzie showed didn’t show me much other than a nice wrist shot. There’s usually a great handle, pass, or fast, fancy skating when they talk about great forwards projected to go #1 and I didn’t see any of that. Those particular highlights left me underwhelmed is all.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

I would take Bergeron any day. He just does not have the generational tag. The discussion was about Wright not having highlight reel plays in McKenzie’s presentation.

You dont think bergeron is a generational talent? Whos better at what he does can you name that player ? 

4 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

So you're saying connor mcdavid is not generational?

Gretzky - crosby- mcdavid

Fedorov-  Datsyuk - Bergeron

No he’s saying any definition of generational that includes Fedorov, Datsyuk, or Bergeron is, at best, unconventional usage of the word.

Edited by Weave

26 minutes ago, Weave said:

No he’s saying any definition of generational that includes Fedorov, Datsyuk, or Bergeron is, at best, unconventional usage of the word.

I see ..  I wouldn't use Connor  Mcdavid as a generational talent then

I would say hes the best talent of this generation

Edited by Buffalonill

30 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I see ..  I wouldn't use Connor  Mcdavid as a generational talent then

I would say hes the best talent of this generation

What IS a generational talent is a far more interesting Q IMHO than are the Sabres tanking.

IMHO, In the past 60 years, there have been 6 truly generational talents (& 3 of those significantly overlapped):  Orr, Gretzky, Lemieux, Hasek, Crosby, & McDavid.

Everyone else in the discussion was merely elite.  YMMV.

If Wright is Bergeron, that's elite, not generational.

• Like (+1) 5

On 10/10/2021 at 1:24 PM, Taro T said:

What IS a generational talent is a far more interesting Q IMHO than are the Sabres tanking.

IMHO, In the past 60 years, there have been 6 truly generational talents (& 3 of those significantly overlapped):  Orr, Gretzky, Lemieux, Hasek, Crosby, & McDavid.

Everyone else in the discussion was merely elite.  YMMV.

If Wright is Bergeron, that's elite, not generational.

Thank you for including Hasek. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Forget Lambert we need to start talking about Joakim Kemell. 5'11" 176lb RW

This is the classic, “all these guys were hyped for the draft two years out and now come draft year this kid is coming out of nowhere to be a top dog come draft day.” The kid is on a heater to start the season. Very skilled RW without a ton of size. The numbers are Bananas so far in a good pro men’s league.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.