2022 NHL Draft Rankings

Buffalonill

37 minutes ago, Curt said:

The level of certainty that you are projecting about these 15-17 year old players is way overboard.  It’s bordering on absurd and making me doubt whether your opinion has and credibility at all.  Especially considering that none of them really played a normal season last year and some barely played at all.  These guys have 1-2 more seasons to play before they are drafted.  A lot can change.

Like this past season you were pounding the table for Raty for months saying he was going to be the best, and by draft time you were campaigning for other players.  You just should cool it a bit.

I said we should draft raty ? 

So you want me to  pound the table to draft him 1st overall ? We missed a opportunity to take him in the 2nd round which was a mistake but will see 

28 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I said we should draft raty ? 

So you want me to  pound the table to draft him 1st overall ? We missed a opportunity to take him in the 2nd round which was a mistake but will see 

The Raty comment was one small example illustrating my overall point.  But yes, you did express many times that Raty should be drafted extremely high.

22DF1C80-74F8-4FD6-BDE4-52E556E2CA04.thumb.jpeg.6a3294e69f47c69323a7a306f8a3300d.jpegF6CD62D1-D677-4B81-B9BC-C6F367D807D6.thumb.jpeg.7fe756a881c915950922bb1502a8dbe4.jpeg887115E6-5186-49E3-BE7C-CBD6076B305A.thumb.jpeg.edaa1a7ecffa23e08816f8931f3aea12.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Curt said:

The Raty comment was one small example illustrating my overall point.  But yes, you did express many times that Raty should be drafted extremely high.

22DF1C80-74F8-4FD6-BDE4-52E556E2CA04.thumb.jpeg.6a3294e69f47c69323a7a306f8a3300d.jpegF6CD62D1-D677-4B81-B9BC-C6F367D807D6.thumb.jpeg.7fe756a881c915950922bb1502a8dbe4.jpeg887115E6-5186-49E3-BE7C-CBD6076B305A.thumb.jpeg.edaa1a7ecffa23e08816f8931f3aea12.jpeg

You're not understanding my point  What's the point of me talking about taking him 1st overall when buffalo was not going to do it ? 

All it would do  Is is cause fights and go through tons and tons of posts when it was never gonna happen 

Edited by Buffalonill

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

You're not understanding my point  What's the point of me talking about taking him 1st overall when buffalo was not going to do it ? 

All it would do  Is is cause fights and go through tons and tons of posts when it was never gonna happen 

Whatever, forget Raty.

My whole point is that it makes no sense to start definitively saying who will be going 1-2-3 or whatever in the 2022 draft when they have a whole season to play AND a lot of guys barely played last season.  You are not leaving enough room for the unknown.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/10/2021 at 2:20 PM, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

No more tanking.  Build the team to improve every year.  Value ensemble play.  Value team defence.  Value team offence.  Create a sound foundation and build from it.

Agreed.  But the team was the worst team in the league last year, and they have since jettisoned 3 of the top 7 scorers on the team (4 if you include Eichel who is likely to either not play or get traded).  To expect them to be anywhere above the bottom group of the league would be unfair to the team.

Reasons to be optimistic:

Better schedule - new teams to play, probably easier when you consider the division buffalo played in a year ago

Better defensemen - I think the group they have is built to more effectively move the puck in the style granato wants.  Risto was a lot of things, but accurate passer was not one of them.  Pysyk is probably a steal at that contract as well.  

Better Goaltending - They lost ullmark, but he played less than half the games last year - and i truly think anderson/dell/UPL are upgrades over johansson, Hutton, tokarski, houser

Healthier - I don't know that they can be less healthy than a team that loses like 4 or 5 goalies, their star center, and half the team to covid.

I don't think they'll be the worst team in the league, but they should be in the conversation.

2 hours ago, Curt said:

Did Pi write that article?

Also, does it really bother you that Dobber’s rankings has Wright a tier higher than Savoie and Lambert?

Yes it does when he then says Savoie will face wright for 1 when he gets called a tear 2 player.

Lambert ,Savoie, Wright  are tear 1 players I will die on this hill 

34 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Yes it does when he then says Savoie will face wright for 1 when he gets called a tear 2 player.

Lambert ,Savoie, Wright  are tear 1 players I will die on this hill 

All I can say is that if you totally dismiss anything that disagrees with what you already think, then, yeah, your mind probably won’t change.

6 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

What don't you like about him  He's a clone of Nathan mckinnon he could change our franchise In a snap I believe 

No one player is changing the franchise in a snap.  I think recent history makes that clear.

I don’t know it’s not that I really don’t like Lambert, it’s just that it seems (from what I’ve read) like he is weak on the defensive end and tries to do too much himself as opposed to playing a team game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Learn about stuff: 

Volume 3: Logan Cooley, Danila Yurov, Joakim Kemell, Nathan Gaucher, Noah Ostlund, and Denton Mateychuk. Still working with DY-1 viewings for this notebook, we pivot to preseason/early season DY games beginning today and we’ll have a notebook encompassing first DY viewings two weeks from now.

https://draftlookhockey.substack.com/p/2022-nhl-draft-notebook-vol-3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.