2022 NHL Draft Rankings

Buffalonill

37 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I am not going to be able to avoid this thread am I?

He's fast, a little undersized, reminds me a little of Jarvis but again, gotta wait. 

Not with a full rebuild and a top 5 pick staring us in the face, not a chance

Just now, Buffalonill said:

What concerns he goes first in ever draft but 2015. He's is nathan macKinnon  on steroids.

Hell Savoie would go first in every draft but 2015 

Oh idk about that. Again, I want to get to January before really getting into this. So many guys barely played last year and I want to see the WJC20 before going further. 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Oh idk about that. Again, I want to get to January before really getting into this. So many guys barely played last year and I want to see the WJC20 before going further. 

Wright, savoie or lambert  will be the top 3 its locked in .

People can say Ivan will be in the 3 but he won't he will be 4 or 5  with cooley .

It's going to be a fun year to tank 

19 hours ago, Mr. Allen said:

How good is Wright?  Where would he rank among previous first overall picks?  He’s no McDavid, right? 

He be with McDavid and Bedard will be better then both hands down 

And then comes michkov so much talent in these 2 drafts

Edited by Buffalonill

32 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

You are going a little over the top.  Bedard doesn’t have McDavid’s size or skating ability. Putting up points in a truncated crazy WHL season doesn’t automatically mean he will be better then McDavid. Let’s see how the next two years go.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

People can say Ivan will be in the 3 but he won't he will be 4 or 5  with cooley .

Way too early for this type of prognostication 

4 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

And we all knew McDavid was going to be the next one correct? Bedard has destroyed every record  Created by mcdavid to make his own records 

And we all knew Hughes was better than Eichel, and Lindros was a god, and Tavares was the next one...I'm just saying you can't make assumptions that a prospect in Bedard is going to pan out like the reality that is McDavid. He's still just a projection.

17 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

You are going a little over the top.  Bedard doesn’t have McDavid’s size or skating ability. Putting up points in a truncated crazy WHL season doesn’t automatically mean he will be better then McDavid. Let’s see how the next two years go.

Really ? at age 15  He basically destroyed the league?  How many points do you think he would have if he played 24 games like Krebs

His points per game was 1.89 vs  Connor mcdavid's 1.05

And Bedard  27 points of 28  Are primary assist or goals that's just completely insane 

7 minutes ago, WildCard said:

And we all knew Hughes was better than Eichel, and Lindros was a god, and Tavares was the next one...I'm just saying you can't make assumptions that a prospect in Bedard is going to pan out like the reality that is McDavid. He's still just a projection.

Who in the hell said Hughes would be better then jack eichel? .

I have to disagree Bedard is truly amazing he destroyed a league at 15 years old WHL Which never happens and destroyed the u18 vs guys that are 18 and he's 15 

look up Connor mcdavid's u18 at the same age and  You'll see why all the hype

Just now, Buffalonill said:

Who in the hell said Hughes would be better then jack eichel? .

I have to disagree Bedard is truly amazing he destroyed a league at 15 years old WHL Which never happens and destroyed the u18 vs guys that are 18 and he's 15 

look up Connor mcdavid's u18 at the same age and  You'll see why all the hype

Lot of people looked at Hughes stats compared to Eichel's in the same league and thought he'd be better.

I feel like sometimes on here what I'm saying isn't actually read...I'm not denying the hype of Bedard. I'm not even going to contend with you that's he's not a better prospect than McDavid was when he was a prospect; I genuinely don't know. All I'm saying is it's crazy to say a 16 year old kid will be better 'hands down' than a proven NHL, 2 time Hart trophy winner. He has two years to go before he even enters the league.

6 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Lot of people looked at Hughes stats compared to Eichel's in the same league and thought he'd be better.

I feel like sometimes on here what I'm saying isn't actually read...I'm not denying the hype of Bedard. I'm not even going to contend with you that's he's not a better prospect than McDavid was when he was a prospect; I genuinely don't know. All I'm saying is it's crazy to say a 16 year old kid will be better 'hands down' than a proven NHL, 2 time Hart trophy winner. He has two years to go before he even enters the league.

Did you think this way before McDavid? That it's crazy that he will be better then Crosby  

5 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Mcdavid vs Bedard Age 15 

Mcdavid

PPG 1.05 / Assist 0.65 / Goals 0.40 

Bedard

PPG 1.87  / Assist 1.07 / Goals  0.80

What league? There's only one year of stats? Bedard could fall off a cliff in his development and seriously level out.

2 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Did you think this way before McDavid? That it's crazy that he will be better then Crosby  

Think what? 

7 minutes ago, WildCard said:

What league? There's only one year of stats? Bedard could fall off a cliff in his development and seriously level out.

Think what? 

Yes that was his first year at 15 like  Mcdavid he Got the honor to play a year early in the WHL like Mcdavid did in the OHL.

Think what?  That connor McDavid was just all hype before he entered and You couldn't compare Crosby etc with him 

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

Yes that was his first year at 15 like  Mcdavid he Got the honor to play a year early in the WHL like Mcdavid did in the OHL.

Think what?  That connor McDavid was just all hype before he entered and You couldn't compare Crosby etc with him 

I am not saying you cannot compare him to McDavid as a prospect. I literally said you can in my post. I am just saying you cannot guarantee that he will be better than him.

McDavid had the same PPG as Spezza, and less than Tavares for what it's worth. The OHL is harder. Bedard is 5'9 at 16 years old, McDavid was 5'11.

All I'm saying is slow down the hype train and Conn Smythes for this kid just yet. He's a really good prospect, but he's two years away from even being drafted. 

5 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I am not saying you cannot compare him to McDavid as a prospect. I literally said you can in my post. I am just saying you cannot guarantee that he will be better than him.

McDavid had the same PPG as Spezza, and less than Tavares for what it's worth. The OHL is harder. Bedard is 5'9 at 16 years old, McDavid was 5'11.

All I'm saying is slow down the hype train and Conn Smythes for this kid just yet. He's a really good prospect, but he's two years away from even being drafted. 

Harder than what? 

If you mean the WHL, that is highly debatable 

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Bedard was 15 in the WHL and 15 in u18 which he was the leading  The Canadian team in points with this year's draft class on that team 

The last person that did that was Connor mcdavid 14 points in 2013

But I get your point we'll see what happens and will revisit this

• Like (+1) 1

I will say it's a shame he's not in this draft. I'll also say that while he could be really special, I don't want any chance at him.

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Harder than what? 

If you mean the WHL, that is highly debatable 

I freaking knew you were gonna call me on that lol

3 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

There are several rankings that do not have Savoie or Lambert in the top three. A year out from the draft nothing is locked in.

4 minutes ago, Hoss said:

There are several rankings that do not have Savoie or Lambert in the top three. A year out from the draft nothing is locked in.

It's been the 3 headed monster for years will see what happens 

13 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I will say it's a shame he's not in this draft. I'll also say that while he could be really special, I don't want any chance at him.

I freaking knew you were gonna call me on that lol

tenor.gif

5 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

3 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

The level of certainty that you are projecting about these 15-17 year old players is way overboard.  It’s bordering on absurd and making me doubt whether your opinion has and credibility at all.  Especially considering that none of them really played a normal season last year and some barely played at all.  These guys have 1-2 more seasons to play before they are drafted.  A lot can change.

Like this past season you were pounding the table for Raty for months saying he was going to be the best, and by draft time you were campaigning for other players.  You just should cool it a bit.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.