2022 NHL Draft Rankings

Buffalonill

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Actually asking, were you around for McEichel? These concepts are things I am well versed in 

Not on this board I mostly had a flipphone aka " old fart "

Instead of 2 you have 3 players that can help  And with this lottery system that's a good thing to have

7 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Not on this board I mostly had a flipphone aka " old fart "

Instead of 2 you have 3 players that can help  And with this lottery system that's a good thing to have

For all intents and purposes it's the same dynamic though - could only fall 1 spot at the time of McEichel. The tank was ardently defended, by me, and others, partially because of that "guaranteed" aspect - we couldn't fail, if we fell far enough. 

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

For all intents and purposes it's the same dynamic though - could only fall 1 spot at the time of McEichel. The tank was ardently defended, by me, and others, partially because of that "guaranteed" aspect - we couldn't fail, if we fell far enough. 

So I'm  Guessing you're pretty much over losing to get good players?

1 minute ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Can't we just get better each year and not hope for a franchise saviour?  He isn't coming because there is no such thing.  You need to build the team up piece by piece.

You also need a superstar I believe  Cozens will be good but not a superstar maybe the "roy"  Tear

14 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Yes. I do not think it will lead to a good hockey team. 

That's just my take on it, though. 

Don't sell yourself short.  After experiencing the last 7 years, the folly of losing to guarantee a successful franchise on the backs of a superstar should be self evident.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Happy Days said:

I’m thinking Kevin Adams is planning on getting his next franchise center in the 2022 draft. 

Yeah, that’s really looking like the plan to me. He has 2 prospects/players with good 2 C potential. He’s loaded up on wings the last 2 drafts, and has a high potential defense with Dahlin, Power, and Jokiharju making 3 of a top 4 and Bryson, Samuellson, and Johnson competing for spots. We have 3 potential NHL goalies, though 2 of them seem like still a ways off, and one that still should have a year or two. I think the plan is to get that 1C next year in the draft. What makes this interesting to me, is the Eichel trade if we’re assuming that. It wouldn’t surprise me for Kevyn Adams to target W, RHD, or G prospects in an Eichel deal. Adding a high end wing prospect along with a decent RHD would do a lot for our future if we can get a 1C next draft.

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Mr. Allen said:

How good is Wright?  Where would he rank among previous first overall picks?  He’s no McDavid, right? 

Yeah, not McDavid/Crosby, I don’t think.

I’d say he is a  definite above average #1 pick though.  Like Matthews/MacKinion/Tavares/Stamkos level.  Probably never going to be the best player in the league, but a near lock to be a top-10 C and perennial all-star.

I think he would have #1 no doubt in every draft since 2016.

However, he has barely played in a year, so we’ll see how he looks next season.

Edited by Curt

Wright dropped 14 points in 5 U18 games this summer. Michkov outscored him but played 2 more games. 

Gotta wait to see what he looks like once the season starts. He's got average size at 6'1" and is likely if not guaranteed to be the 1st overall pick... although there's 2 talented Russians who might challenge that. 

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Wright dropped 14 points in 5 U18 games this summer. Michkov outscored him but played 2 more games. 

Gotta wait to see what he looks like once the season starts. He's got average size at 6'1" and is likely if not guaranteed to be the 1st overall pick... although there's 2 talented Russians who might challenge that. 

What do you think about lambert?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.