Reinhart Non Committal To His Future in Buffalo

Brawndo

5 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Maybe this was already posted somewhere. I'm usually a step behind, but I don't see it so here ya go.

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/sabres-sam-reinhart-wants-to-play-canucks-west-coast

I think this was posted somewhere.

To me, this doesn’t make any difference.  Firstly, anything Hamilton says about Reinhart, I can’t really trust.  Second, what Sam wants is going to be very clear to management as soon as they start discussing contract.  If he wants a 1 year deal, he wants to leave ASAP.  If he is bought in to staying in Buffalo, he’ll be open to a longer deal.

23 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Maybe this was already posted somewhere. I'm usually a step behind, but I don't see it so here ya go.

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/sabres-sam-reinhart-wants-to-play-canucks-west-coast

“Another Sabres star who might also want out is Reinhart, the team’s leading scorer, according to Paul Hamilton of WGR 550 in Buffalo.”

What do they mean Sam was the the teams leading scorer, according to PissHam? They couldn’t look it up themselves?

Just now, Pimlach said:

Reinhart is no longer following Sabres on Instagram. 

I hear that us significant to millennial/Gen Z culture.  

Are you sure that he currently isn’t following?

A couple people here had a minor excitement a couple days ago.  Reinhart’s IG account unfollowed the Sabres and then started following again 10 mins later.  Disaster avoided.

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Reinhart is no longer following Sabres on Instagram. 

I hear that us significant to millennial/Gen Z culture.  

He’s following them again. 

On a different note Friedman on the 31 Thoughts Podcast recorded yesterday said He thinks Reinhart is traded, along with Risto. 

3 minutes ago, Curt said:

A couple people here had a minor excitement a couple days ago.  Reinhart’s IG account unfollowed the Sabres and then started following again 10 mins later.  Disaster avoided.

Mmmmmhmm. So he “accidentally” clicked unfollow, and then IG said “are you sure” and he “accidentally” clicked yes. 

6 minutes ago, Curt said:

No.  I don’t  know what to make if it.  

I just read an article recommended to me on Google.  I don’t do Instagram, Twitter or Facebook. I’m kind of a crusty GM from the 60’s and 70’s.  I do enjoy getting Sabres info from this forum and watching all the games by streaming NHL.TV. 

https://www.bardown.com/sam-reinhart-pulled-a-cryptic-move-on-instagram-that-sabres-fans-should-be-concerned-about-1.1639026

Edited by Pimlach

11 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

No.  I don’t  know what to make if it.  

I just read an article recommended to me on Google.  I don’t do Instagram, Twitter or Facebook. I’m kind of a crusty GM from the 60’s and 70’s.  I do enjoy getting Sabres info from this forum and watching all the games by streaming NHL.TV. 

https://www.bardown.com/sam-reinhart-pulled-a-cryptic-move-on-instagram-that-sabres-fans-should-be-concerned-about-1.1639026

It means your gf don’t care no more, and she’s moved on. 

To win her back, you better remember all the little things she kept saying she wanted (was it a pink loofah or a pink moon rock) and likely an 8 x 5 contract (or was it 5 x 8)?

Edited by Andrew Amerk
  • Thanks (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

On a different note Friedman on the 31 Thoughts Podcast recorded yesterday said He thinks Reinhart is traded, along with Risto. 

I heard this too. Starting to look like my dream is coming true much to many of your chagrins. 

Of course everything depends on the return and the FA signing(s). 

Now if only there was a Skinner solution.....................

15 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Mmmmmhmm. So he “accidentally” clicked unfollow, and then IG said “are you sure” and he “accidentally” clicked yes. 

I don’t know man, I press ***** by accident all the time.  Also, I don’t think this means anything.

2 minutes ago, Curt said:

I don’t know man, I press ***** by accident all the time.  Also, I don’t think this means anything.

I think it does. If you “accidentally” unfollowed your SO, you either did it on purpose or you are ready to be in the doghouse for awhile. 

Just now, Andrew Amerk said:

I think it does. If you “accidentally” unfollowed your SO, you either did it on purpose or you are ready to be in the doghouse for awhile. 

Or your phone was unlocked in your pocket or something and you didn’t even know what was going on.

This is dumb.  The Sabres have actually problems.

12 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I heard this too. Starting to look like my dream is coming true much to many of your chagrins. 

If he doesn’t want to sign long term, there is no choice but to move him. 

I wouldn’t add Okposo or Skinner onto any potential Eichel or Reinhart Trade as this would decrease the return. 

6 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

If he doesn’t want to sign long term, there is no choice but to move him. 

I wouldn’t add Okposo or Skinner onto any potential Eichel or Reinhart Trade as this would decrease the return. 

Okposo isn't an issue to me as the contract won't last much longer. I'd give up a little to get rid of that Skinner deal, but I don't think he would leave and I don't think anyone will take that contract on. We're stuck with him. 

If he'd go, and they wanted to take on the contract, I'd give him to the Kraken for a bag of chips. Jalapenos.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

It's not chagrin, you're talking about removing 1 of 2 20+ plus goal scorers on the team. 

10 hours ago, Curt said:

Or your phone was unlocked in your pocket or something and you didn’t even know what was going on.

This is dumb.  The Sabres have actually problems.

Or, he was seeing a bunch of Sabres things and just wanted some time away from it all to decompress. 

12 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Did he think similarly on Jack?

I would be very surprised if Samson and / or Eich are traded.

Risto ... not so much.  That said, I would not be completely surprised if the Sabres kept him too.

The players are the least of the problems right now.  KA needs to nail the next coach, or it will not matter who he trades so and so for who and who.

I’ve followed this team for 45 years. Heck losing is in my dna by now. I will see this through to the end and I will be here when it turns around. It’d be nice if our best players were make a difference guys or be part of the solution guys instead of the grass is greener types or this path over here is easier guys. This team needs more of the former and less of the latter. And that is the culture change we need. We need guys with that inner fire that put the collective ahead in those moments that matter. That have a deep ingrained fortitude and drive to make a difference not to check out because that route looks easier. I hate the idea of the perpetual rebuild but if we can assemble a collection of guys throughout the lineup and in scouting and management that have that attitude we can see an end to this disfunction and losing culture. If they don’t want to be here good f....n riddance.

Edited by bunomatic
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

I’ve followed this team for 45 years. Heck losing is in my dna by now. I will see this through to the end and I will be here when it turns around. It’d be nice if our best players were make a difference guys or be part of the solution guys instead of the grass is greener types or this path over here is easier guys. This team needs more of the former and less of the latter. And that is the culture change we need. We need guys with that inner fire that put the collective ahead in those moments that matter. That have a deep ingrained fortitude and drive to make a difference not to check out because that route looks easier. I hate the idea of the perpetual rebuild but if we can assemble a collection of guys throughout the lineup and in scouting and management we can see an end to this disfunction and losing culture. If they don’t want to be here good f....n riddance.

Yeah, I was here when the Knox's were awarded the franchise. If our players all loved the Sabres the way the Knox family did we'd have something. Too bad they didn't have the resources that current ownership has. Unfortunately at my age rebuild is not attractive but at this point just give a team that will fight for each other and be competitive every game.

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.