Reinhart Non Committal To His Future in Buffalo

Brawndo

1 minute ago, nfreeman said:

I found it kinda interesting that Reino wore a Bills hat during his presser and Eichel wore a plain black hat -- i.e. neither wore a Sabres hat.

They both want out.

Yes, but wouldn't it have been even more interesting if Jack wore a Bruin's hat and Sam wore a Canuck's one!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Leaf Blower said:

No doubt. Bad off AND on the ice.

Player accountability anyone?

which players underperformed that need accountability?  

We don't have Beane as GM, not sure if Adams is good or not, but this isn't getting rid of Watkins, Darby, Woods and Dareus. This is a bigger deal.

2 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I'd be down with Reinhart on the Bills. 

We see that he's a pretty good center.

• Haha (+1) 1

There is no quick fix to this sh$t show.  The core of this team is compromised and accustomed to nothing but losing.  Whether it be their own fault, management's fault, coaching, Pegula's, etc..., it doesn't matter.  There's no getting their collective heads in the proper place moving forward.  As much I would like to see these guys stick around (Eichel, Reinhart, Risto), it's time to move on and f'ing start over yet again.  Blow it all up.  At least my kids & grandkids may eventually see a playoff run.  Doubtful I will ever see it again!!

15 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

which players underperformed that need accountability?  

We don't have Beane as GM, not sure if Adams is good or not, but this isn't getting rid of Watkins, Darby, Woods and Dareus. This is a bigger deal.

We see that he's a pretty good center.

Results

Accountability

18 minutes ago, John Tucker said:

There is no quick fix to this sh$t show.  The core of this team is compromised and accustomed to nothing but losing.  Whether it be their own fault, management's fault, coaching, Pegula's, etc..., it doesn't matter.  There's no getting their collective heads in the proper place moving forward.  As much I would like to see these guys stick around (Eichel, Reinhart, Risto), it's time to move on and f'ing start over yet again.  Blow it all up.  At least my kids & grandkids may eventually see a playoff run.  Doubtful I will ever see it again!!

They probably have to trade Reinhart and Risto and they likely won't sign with us as UFA's, but we don't have to trade Eichel and it's in the teams best interests to fix things with him.  We should be able to get some decent talent in return for Sam and Risto, another top 1 or 2 pick in the draft and some good production from the young guys this year could help Eichel change his tune. It won't be easy, but they need to try.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

I found it kinda interesting that Reino wore a Bills hat during his presser and Eichel wore a plain black hat -- i.e. neither wore a Sabres hat.

They both want out.

What's really interesting is I heard it was a Ville Leino brand hat...

8 hours ago, NJhopelessSabresfan66 said:

We have control of Sam.... keep him this year and do the signings right and put a decent cast around him. We also have control of Jack. again, same scenario. Get our crap together and do this all right.

Your username fits.

I feel the same way about Sam’s interview as I do Jack’s ...

Yawn. Fresh emotions. What is said and what is done, will be two different things. Until Sam gets moved ... I’ll go under the safe assumption, he’ll be back as a Sabre in October.

Speaking for myself only...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, klos1963 said:

You fix the problem and that's not by trading your top players. 

feels game of thrones GIF

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

They both want out.

Did you read Eichel's eyeblinks in Morse Code?  "MY NECK IS FINE JUST GET ME OUTTA HERE"

12 hours ago, inkman said:

His contract will certainly spell out whether or not he wants to stay. 

Big contract didn’t do much for Eichel’s expression of commitment to Buffalo today… 

1 hour ago, klos1963 said:

They probably have to trade Reinhart and Risto and they likely won't sign with us as UFA's, but we don't have to trade Eichel and it's in the teams best interests to fix things with him.  We should be able to get some decent talent in return for Sam and Risto, another top 1 or 2 pick in the draft and some good production from the young guys this year could help Eichel change his tune. It won't be easy, but they need to try.

You weren’t listening to Eichel closely enough, perhaps … There is no fixing it with him… He already is gone in his mind… He can only poison the locker room now… and be a bad example for the youngsters who played their hearts out in his absence… Adams should rip the “C” from his sweater… and trade him while he still has good value… 

1 hour ago, Believer said:

You weren’t listening to Eichel closely enough, perhaps … There is no fixing it with him… He already is gone in his mind… He can only poison the locker room now… and be a bad example for the youngsters who played their hearts out in his absence… Adams should rip the “C” from his sweater… and trade him while he still has good value… 

Then the Pegulas can stick him in Rochester for the next 5 years.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

Then the Pegulas can stick him in Rochester for the next 5 years.

This gets tossed out every once in a while during conversations like this and I always laugh. It's not an option. Ever.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.