Reinhart Non Committal To His Future in Buffalo

Brawndo

12 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I have been saying for a while now that Sam’s demeanor is consistent with that of a guy who is counting the days until he can GTFO of here.

As others have noted upthread, who can blame him?

He might be waiting to see what moves the Sabres make this summer, and what kind of offer they give him, which would be the prudent move, but he might have made up his mind already.  

So why did he sign that bridge deal?

14 minutes ago, rickshaw said:

Sam played well this year especially late but it serves him well to do so. I can’t imagine he wants to stay one little bit.

Vancouver I’m sure he’d love to play for.

From sources outside of Buffalo....like the hockey guys out of Toronto on 590...a few articles I have read over the years...and even one trip I took to central Canada years ago and listed to a station out of Edmonton I think......I have always remember hearing rumblings that Same would really like to be someplace in Western Canada eventually.  Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary....maybe even Seattle.  

It hasn't been brought up too much on this board, but I know I have heard that dozens of times over the years about him It hasn't been brought up too much on this board, but I know I have heard that dozens of times over the years about him...almost like it give you the feeling he would never want to sign a long term deal no matter what....his goal being to get to free agency so he can get back out west.

1 minute ago, mjd1001 said:

Edited by mjd1001
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@PromoTheRobot

“I think every player in the times right now would be open to a long-term deal. Unfortunately, that’s not always the case and it’s not always available. I’m certainly comfortable playing on short-term deals like I always have.”

http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/sam-reinhart-excited-about-sabres-moves-fine-with-one-year-contract/

Just now, rickshaw said:

He was born in Vancouver and it’s a hockey town so he’s gonna want to play there, I’d bet the farm on it. 
Peoblem is, Canucks have no pipeline so who comes back? 

Brock Boeser +

9 hours ago, nucci said:

because this has worked so well before.

I'll bet we can finish last with them again.

Their heads are elsewhere. Move them out. 

Be honest, do you really think it's salvageable? Do you really think they want to stay? Don't kid yourself.

I'm not crazy about it either. The stark reality is - it's over with this group. 

Here's what I know - we can trash the organization all we want. Fact is, these PLAYERS didn't get it done on the ice while wearing Sabres laundry.

9 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Because what they have been doing has worked so well. If the players don’t want to be here what is your answer? Keep Risto and his awful game here to drag down the defence.  Keep Reino for one year because he won’t sign and let him walk as a UFA for nothing. Let Eichel sulk and demand a trade when his No trade kicks in and get royally screwed. Please tell us more.

You fix the problem and that's not by trading your top players. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Leaf Blower said:

I'll bet we can finish last with them again.

Their heads are elsewhere. Move them out. 

Be honest, do you really think it's salvageable? Do you really think they want to stay? Don't kid yourself.

I'm not crazy about it either. The stark reality is - it's over with this group. 

Here's what I know - we can trash the organization all we want. Fact is, these PLAYERS didn't get it done on the ice while wearing Sabres laundry.

Was Eichels, Reiharts, Ulmarks... fault? Maybe the crappy coaches hired by crappy GM's that built a crappy surrounding cast for the top players were the problem.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.