Reinhart Non Committal To His Future in Buffalo

Brawndo

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

It's not chagrin, you're talking about removing 1 of 2 20+ plus goal scorers on the team. 

Or, he was seeing a bunch of Sabres things and just wanted some time away from it all to decompress. 

You really have to stop watching with a video game mindset where all you think about is numbers and statistics. 

It's also a game of passion and character. This is where we always disagree. So you can quote me stats and number of goals and zone time and possession and all the numbers you want forever, but the team will never win without building a new culture and that has to start with removing all the losers.

Pretty much agree with this:

https://www.niagara-gazette.com/sports/buffalo_sabres/sullivan-time-for-sabres-to-hit-the-reset-button----again/article_0ab72182-9371-5b29-9166-c3cae76bde35.html

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Guys that want out are by definition losers. Doesn’t matter if they go on to a better surrounding cast and win. They’ve quit on their team mates. They walked away when the going got tough. Cliche sure. I could add many more. Never liked those guys. Sams a ufa in a year. Not putting him in this category. He’s earned it. Jack has 5 more on his contract. Never thought of him as a b...h, but he’s earned it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Guys that want out are by definition losers. Doesn’t matter if they go on to a better surrounding cast and win. They’ve quit on their team mates. They walked away when the going got tough. Cliche sure. I could add many more. Never liked those guys. Sams a ufa in a year. Not putting him in this category. He’s earned it. Jack has 5 more on his contract. Never thought of him as a b...h, but he’s earned it.

I personally don't think Jack is behind the impetus of the trade

23 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

You really have to stop watching with a video game mindset where all you think about is numbers and statistics. 

It's also a game of passion and character. This is where we always disagree. So you can quote me stats and number of goals and zone time and possession and all the numbers you want forever, but the team will never win without building a new culture and that has to start with removing all the losers.

Pretty much agree with this:

https://www.niagara-gazette.com/sports/buffalo_sabres/sullivan-time-for-sabres-to-hit-the-reset-button----again/article_0ab72182-9371-5b29-9166-c3cae76bde35.html

What a terrible article. There is nothing to agree with. All he does is state the current situation, talking out of both sides of his mouth while doing it.

It was bad to move ROR but we should move Eichel?! Whatever.

• Like (+1) 1

The whole keeping guys that want to be here sounds great in theory, but in the case of the current Sabres team, that applies to guys who only want to be here because they know if they went somewhere else they wouldn’t sniff NHL ice.

Here’s a plan. Keep your good players. Get more. Who ***** cares if they are happy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

I personally don't think Jack is behind the impetus of the trade

Truthfully I don’t know one way or the other. Based on the body language I tend to lean to the side that he’s done. would rather keep him but don’t want him if he wants out.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/14/2021 at 10:21 AM, PerreaultForever said:

Just as an aside, regarding Boston. I'm going to guess Krejci will take a huge discount to stay and he and Hall will basically flip salaries (looking at Hall's salary after half of it not being there.  So maybe 7 to Hall and 3+ to Krejci. That is if they still click in the playoffs. 

That brings to mind Sean Kuraly as an FA. There's a solid 3rd 4th line center to consider. His salary is pretty low so maybe it doesn't take all that much. 

Re: the bolded: If they do well in the playoffs I can see something very much like that happening. Krejci's made his money and I'm guessing he'd be OK with a bit of a paycut to keep the band together. Obviously, complete speculation there, but with the flat cap I think anywhere he would try to sign would be less than his current contract.

Kuraly would be a solid pickup for the Sabres. Gotta convince him that a lateral movement (I mean, if Eichel and Reinhart are both dealt, then he could see time as 2C here) would be worth it going from a great franchise to... well... hockey heaven. If Eichel is here, certainly Mitts or Cozens keeps Kuraly's minutes down to his same current role in Boston behind Bergeron and Krejci.

3 hours ago, SwampD said:

What a terrible article. There is nothing to agree with. All he does is state the current situation, talking out of both sides of his mouth while doing it.

It was bad to move ROR but we should move Eichel?! Whatever.

It's not a terrible article at all. It might not provide "new" information but it does shift the focus to the real problem, and that is not the talent level of this so called core, but rather the culture they have failed to provide. 

You want to fix the team you have to cut out ALL the rot and restart with a new attitude. Nothing else will work at this point. 

3 hours ago, SwampD said:

Here’s a plan. Keep your good players. Get more. Who ***** cares if they are happy.

Won't work. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DarthEbriate said:

Kuraly would be a solid pickup for the Sabres. Gotta convince him that a lateral movement (I mean, if Eichel and Reinhart are both dealt, then he could see time as 2C here) would be worth it going from a great franchise to... well... hockey heaven. If Eichel is here, certainly Mitts or Cozens keeps Kuraly's minutes down to his same current role in Boston behind Bergeron and Krejci.

Bruins moved Kuraly up to the 3rd line because Lazar was doing well on the 4th (argh!)   He'd only become available if they do resign Hall and have a cap squeeze. Then he might leave for a few dollars more and some term. They'll lose him same way they lost Acciari and despite wanting him, they won't open the bank vault because they have a number of younger guys who are somewhat similar 3rd/4th line types. 

If they dump DeBrusk (who is 4th line now) they probably won't have the same money issues. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

It's not a terrible article at all. It might not provide "new" information but it does shift the focus to the real problem, and that is not the talent level of this so called core, but rather the culture they have failed to provide. 

You want to fix the team you have to cut out ALL the rot and restart with a new attitude. Nothing else will work at this point. 

Won't work. 

So why do you think this plan will work this time? 

We lose because of the talent on the team. Not because of the culture of the core.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

We lose because of the talent on the team. Not because of the culture of the core.

Talent is the most important thing. But it isn't just the culture of the core, it's culture of the entire team. It's attention to detail on the ice, off the ice, in communication, etc. The players can all hate each other and be completely dysfunctional off the ice and sufficient talent can overcome that. Having everyone bought in and going in the same direction can make up a little of a talent gap.

As to why? What other choice do we have? Onward and upward! This is where the fun begins.

4 hours ago, SwampD said:

I disagree entirely on your second sentence but I doubt we will ever agree on it so leave it there. 

As for this time, this isn't a tank. There's no stripping away the roster to nothing for a superstar. We will have a plethora of young talent coming in to join the youngsters we already have. It's a totally different scenario. 

Trading Eichel Reinhart and Risto is not a tank, it's a cleansing. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I disagree entirely on your second sentence but I doubt we will ever agree on it so leave it there. 

As for this time, this isn't a tank. There's no stripping away the roster to nothing for a superstar. We will have a plethora of young talent coming in to join the youngsters we already have. It's a totally different scenario. 

Trading Eichel Reinhart and Risto is not a tank, it's a cleansing. 

Do you really think that because we won a couple of games at the end of a lost year, and kinda looked good doing it, against teams that were already in the playoffs and weren't really trying (I mean, there is trying, and then there is trying), mostly because Sam himself was leading them, that if we trade the only real talent we have and just wait for the young guys and futures get better, that that is the better path to take to finally start winning?

You work for PSE don't you?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I think you and Adams might be on the same page when it comes to what the problem is.

Im not sure if you agree exactly as to where it lies.

2 hours ago, SwampD said:

Do you really think that because we won a couple of games at the end of a lost year, and kinda looked good doing it, against teams that were already in the playoffs and weren't really trying (I mean, there is trying, and then there is trying), mostly because Sam himself was leading them, that if we trade the only real talent we have and just wait for the young guys and futures get better, that that is the better path to take to finally start winning?

You work for PSE don't you?

You obviously don't read my posts regularly. I was one of the first to say don't be fooled by the late season handful of wins etc.   

None of what i believe is based on that. What I believe, is that this core of star players we have had for several years now is an overpaid bunch of fair weather floaters. They are soft, spoiled and whiney and the team has gone to s##t with this group and I don't believe they are the right players to build a new direction around.

The superstar top down model is flawed and the team has to be rebuild bottom up. No stars. Hard work and effort, and then the real stars will emerge.

34 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I think you and Adams might be on the same page when it comes to what the problem is.

Im not sure if you agree exactly as to where it lies.

I know. I'm excited with the possibility of finally righting this thing. My hope is that Adams will not single out one targeted problem, but rather cut out the entire core to be sure he removes all of the problems. It may turn out that he cuts out a piece that didn't need cutting, maybe just needed separating from another piece, but I'm hoping he will sweep it all, better safe than sorry. No half measures this time. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.