Reinhart Non Committal To His Future in Buffalo

Brawndo

18 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

BLOW IT UP. All Eichel Reinhart and Risto know here is losing, not coming close to sniffing the playoffs.  I really can’t blame them. The amount of coaches and front office mistakes they have been through with nothing to show for it and no light at the end of the tunnel. Absolutely nothing points to this team being a playoff team again.

It absolutely sucks but these guys are done with being here in a losing environment.  Tear it down to the studs. Make SMART trades and gain as many high end assets as you can that fit the way you want this team built. Hope you hit on Wright or Bedard.

because this has worked so well before.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, nucci said:

because this has worked so well before.

Because what they have been doing has worked so well. If the players don’t want to be here what is your answer? Keep Risto and his awful game here to drag down the defence.  Keep Reino for one year because he won’t sign and let him walk as a UFA for nothing. Let Eichel sulk and demand a trade when his No trade kicks in and get royally screwed. Please tell us more.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Next year we set the record of all time playoff drought. If this off-season is mishandled yet again, which I have no faith in a completely unqualified scout,  we could be looking at a perpetual extension of that record indefinitely. From my armchair perspective, Gallant has a track record of one year turn arounds. If I’m the owner I’m ringing his phone.  This all can be fixed with the right people in charge. 

It is going to depend on who gives sam the best deal. He can stay here and keep losing or maybe go elsewhere and not be in the basement 

If the money was the same or close, i could see him leaving. I wouldn't stay unless the Sabres are overpaying by a lot...and im a fan of this team 

Edited by Mike Honcho

Think about it from Sam's point of view. The team has gone through 5 coaches and 3 GMs since he's been here.  The team has finished at the bottom of the league 4 times.  The new GM adds a former MVP (Hall) and a Cup Winner and former top pick (Staal), while bringing back the majority of players and coaches from a decent team the year before and the whole group fails and fails in Biblical proportion. 

On the bright side injuries and then trades essentially decimate the team, but the youth movement creates better play and some hope.  

So if your Sam, Ullmark, Risto, Jack, and McCabe what are you thinking.  Is this team finally on the rise?  How much of the sucking is your fault? What is the Pegula circus going to do next?  

I think I'd enter the "show me" phase.  Karmanos was a good first step toward fixing the front office.  Do they want Granato to return?  If not, what does the coaching search look like.  Torts is the wrong guy.  We need a teacher.  What tweaks or major changes do they want to see?  Risto is right, no more rebuilds.  This team must compete for the playoffs next season.

IMHO solve the goaltending first and foremost and then things will fall into place.  

Interesting stat in the paper today about how the Granato lead team gave up more goals then the RK lead group.  Honestly I caulk that up more to the injuries on D and in goal then bad play.  In fact the difference isn't that great considering the youth on the defense and that Tokarski, UPL and Houser (3 minor league goalies) held the net for most of Granato's games.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

Hard for me to even get angry about this franchise right about now.  Just so friggin’ sad. 

I guess I will just wait and see what happens with the FO, HC, draft, and roster changes. 

Oops.  Allow me one last blast for the 20-21 season...my dislike for the Pegula’s and what they have done to the Sabres is at an all-time high. 

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 1

I have been saying for a while now that Sam’s demeanor is consistent with that of a guy who is counting the days until he can GTFO of here.

As others have noted upthread, who can blame him?

He might be waiting to see what moves the Sabres make this summer, and what kind of offer they give him, which would be the prudent move, but he might have made up his mind already.  

1 minute ago, NJhopelessSabresfan66 said:

We have control of Sam.... keep him this year and do the signings right and put a decent cast around him. We also have control of Jack. again, same scenario. Get our crap together and do this all right.

If people still doubt Jack has a good deal of control over what happens to him, after today, check the online reaction in regards to the Sabres, and the front page of TSN (credit - @Eleven)

He can create a cloud of disfunction the likes of which we've never seen, even in Buffalo. Today would just be the opening salvo 

- - - 

Reinhart would have to agree to a multi-year extension now to make that prudent 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.