Reinhart Non Committal To His Future in Buffalo

Brawndo

• Brawndo changed the title to Reinhart Non Committal To His Future in Buffalo
3 minutes ago, Cal Naughton Jr said:

I commend him for staying as long as he has

Dude's under contract and isn't a superstar. 

- - - 

It's pretty wild he didn't at least say he's committed to being here. 

I've had Eichel and Reino as a package deal for a while.

The Sabres are always so interesting. 

BLOW IT UP. All Eichel Reinhart and Risto know here is losing, not coming close to sniffing the playoffs.  I really can’t blame them. The amount of coaches and front office mistakes they have been through with nothing to show for it and no light at the end of the tunnel. Absolutely nothing points to this team being a playoff team again.

It absolutely sucks but these guys are done with being here in a losing environment.  Tear it down to the studs. Make SMART trades and gain as many high end assets as you can that fit the way you want this team built. Hope you hit on Wright or Bedard.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

well you trade him if he only wants a one year deal 

I don't want to trade Reinhart but I agree with this. It's obvious he's already got one-foot out the door and he's as good as gone next season. So what is GMKA going to do to maximize the asset?

I can also see Ullmark testing FA.

Same deal with Risto, he's not signing here after his contract expires next year. 

This team is in a bad in place. What happens next year if the team is in competition for a playoff spot and the trade deadline comes and Risto & Sam aren't traded and then they walk after next season? Should the GM retain them for a shot at the playoffs or trade valuable assets?

I have zero faith GMKA to do this properly.

5 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

The whole core is getting shipped out, book it....besides Skinner for obvious reasons

As far fetched as this would have sounded awhile ago it's less so now. Definitely think at least Rhino and Risto are gone. If they're not then Eichel may go.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.