Jack Eichel Presser on Monday 5-10-21

Brawndo

Yawn. Fresh emotions. What is said and what is done, will be two different things. Until Jack gets moved ... I’ll go under the safe assumption, he’ll be back honoring his contract as a Sabre in October.

Someone should save and revisit some of these reactions 😂

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Zamboni said:

Yawn. Fresh emotions. What is said and what is done, will be two different things. Until Jack gets moved ... I’ll go under the safe assumption, he’ll be back honoring his contract as a Sabre in October.

He was laughing the whole time and that is the friendliest interviews he has ever given. THere is ZEROOOOOO chance he is in Buffalo next year.

• Like (+1) 2

Rebuild the team the commonsense way. Get solid players, no superstars, to get the team to a certain level, then bring in a star or two. Don't start with so-called superstars and put it all on their shoulders. This move with Granato and the relationships he formed seemed like a step in the right direction. 

• Like (+1) 2

At this point, if he is going to be traded I would rather it be done sooner. LAK are out of the playoffs, NYR are out of the playoffs, ANA are out of the playoffs. Once the lottery is decided, trade him.

Or make a clear statement that unless a team makes an offer to really change their mind that management consider Jack a Sabre come October

It's amazing people are getting on the players about any of this.

It's become incredibly clear that the Pegula family has royally screwed up the Sabres. They've made mistake after mistake after mistake and then have the audacity to double down on those mistakes.

If your top players are all saying they want the hell out, that's not a player issue, that's an ownership issue.

The only thing that might save things now is for the Pegula family to sell the team or insert someone over Adams and publicly announce they are no longer inserting themselves into matters of hockey operations, etc.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

He was laughing the whole time and that is the friendliest interviews he has ever given. THere is ZEROOOOOO chance he is in Buffalo next year.

ZGF TM was impressed.

4 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Terrible take. I'll gladly eat my words. Remember this was Jack AFTER sitting down for an exit interview that went long.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, LTS said:

It's amazing people are getting on the players about any of this.

It's become incredibly clear that the Pegula family has royally screwed up the Sabres. They've made mistake after mistake after mistake and then have the audacity to double down on those mistakes.

If your top players are all saying they want the hell out, that's not a player issue, that's an ownership issue.

The only thing that might save things now is for the Pegula family to sell the team or insert someone over Adams and publicly announce they are no longer inserting themselves into matters of hockey operations, etc.

I wonder if there were/will be any "holy *****!" moments in the league offices. Destroying your relationship with your franchise player is not a good look for the Pegulas.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Maybe it's because surgery takes him out for longer than next season?

Jack seemed to imply the recovery time wouldn't be that long, he sorta laughed off "6 months" when it was suggested 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.