Jack Eichel Presser on Monday 5-10-21

Brawndo

It’s frustrating him saying he didn’t play well enough and then got hurt and the team did perform well Enough so now he ‘needs to consider his future’

Maybe if him and Hall played to their standard / didn’t get injured, the team would have performed to a point that he wouldn’t need to consider his future

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, I-90 W said:

Even though I don’t blame Jack I’m still upset with him and I’m not sure if I can logically articulate why. Think a lot of it has to do with him being captain.

Maybe it's because he never really led the team, like Josh Allen did. They catered to him and I guess he expects to be treated a certain way.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Something pretty serious went down between Jack and the organ-eye-zation.

Two reports I read said that Jack wanted surgery and the team did not -- probably because it would hurt his trade value.

When I lived in Buffalo, I worked at my dad's store and later on I left and him and his partner sold the store. They sold it to someone who had the money but one of the first things this new owner did was harass people who were parking in our lot. This new owner was incompetent and had no background in the business. He didn't endear himself to the customers. He apparently was a front man for a larger group who eventually sold the business again to a larger concern to a much different business.

This is what the Pegulas remind me of.

• Like (+1) 1

I am almost 50 and this is the most depressing moment in Buffalo sports for the sheer scope of it. Something is extremely unhealthy at the top and the culture of this franchise. For Jack to feel disrespected in his injury handling is extremely telling and beyond disturbing. Wide right, Hull in the crease, Briere/Drury leaving... is not the same as this.  Very hopeless feeling for the future of this team. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

Even though I don’t blame Jack I’m still upset with him and I’m not sure if I can logically articulate why. Think a lot of it has to do with him being captain.

For me it has a lot to do with what he is saying when he knows everyone is listening

• Like (+1) 1

I can sense that Jack sounds pretty happy to talk about this and he is holding all the cards.....Now they have to draft a center even if they have the #1 pick. He sounds so smug and I can't wait until someone has a chance for the first big hit on this punk next year.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.