Jack Eichel Presser on Monday 5-10-21

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, Radar said:

Just don't see those types wanting to come without full authority and Pegulas don't want to give it in my opinion. I'm very close to thinking the only solution is Pegulas se!ling the team. Yes, That's putting relocation a possibility.

Relocation would be horrible but I’d follow the Sabres anywhere they go still. What has happened this last decade has been an absolute disgrace.

8 minutes ago, LTS said:

I wouldn't spend a penny for or against the Pegulas. Demonstrating that you care enough to pay for this demonstrates that you still care enough to be a fan and that you will still tune in like the owners want you to. Making the team irrelevant is the best option. Egomaniacs want a platform...

Clearly with the injury situations of this team there are some questions that need to be asked.  At this point I don't see how I can put faith into this ownership team. I think there's more rotten than we know. We're hearing from the players today. We've speculated about RJ the past few days with some of his comments. Dunleavy appears to have left things open (even if he had before).

Right now the only person we know who wanted to be here is Jason Karmanos.

Also - anyone still hoping for Rutherford? Gallant?  Boudreau? Even Tortorella wouldn't come here.

Pretty sure that right now, they just about NEED Rutherford to arrive.

Because if he doesn't, Adams needs to be the best at finding under the radar talent (at all levels) & don't know that he can be.  Because the above the radar talent will choose the surer things to come to when they have an option.  

• Like (+1) 1

I don't really get why some people are upset by this. To me the cat's finally out of the bag. There's your broken culture. It's always been about Jack and Jack has always been about Jack and now we can finally end this era, turn the page and start over (hopefully) properly. 

The entire old core has to go (unless they are fully committed to the team which is unlikely) . Time to build a team with a team first attitude. 

I actually have an optimism for my Sabres now that I don't think I would have if things didn't change. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

His press conference was his trade demand, basically. He even said they’ve had “tough conversations” that he has to look out for himself first and foremost etc. No one literally says the words “I demand a trade” to the press but that’s basically what he did.

I don't know, sounds more like that can't agree on what to do with his injury 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, sabremike said:

Anyone who thinks Jack is in any way the bad guy in all of this is so monumentally dumb that I marvel that they are even capable of breathing.

Eh.  I think the captain, under contract for 5 years airing dirty laundry on locker cleanout day is a pretty bad look for a player.  He has continued to come off as entitled and uses the media as a power play. 

I don't think he's a bad guy for wanting out, but if he doesn't get his way is he going to man up and make it work?  There's still a good chance he ends up 1C in the fall, is he going to demand a trade (with no leverage)?  Hell, when they traded O'reilly the national media picked it up as Eichel is a diva who can't share the spotlight.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Drag0nDan said:

Eh.  I think the captain, under contract for 5 years airing dirty laundry on locker cleanout day is a pretty bad look for a player.  He has continued to come off as entitled and uses the media as a power play. 

I don't think he's a bad guy for wanting out, but if he doesn't get his way is he going to man up and make it work?  There's still a good chance he ends up 1C in the fall, is he going to demand a trade (with no leverage)?  Hell, when they traded O'reilly the national media picked it up as Eichel is a diva who can't share the spotlight.

It just makes me think he must feel they handled his injury completely horribly 

The team being bad isn't what broke him. The team ***** with his health and wellbeing did.

Seriously how hard is this to understand???

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 3

Just now, Thorny said:

It just makes me think he must feel they handled his injury completely horribly 

You can look at it from the spectrum of other players and how they would have handled it as well.  Many would want to play through an injury, lead their guys on the ice during a coaching transition.  Eichel wanted to make sure he was good to go for 2021 season, because deep down he hopes its for someone else.  

• Like (+1) 1

You can look at it from the spectrum of other players and how they would have handled it as well.  Many would want to play through an injury, lead their guys on the ice during a coaching transition.  Eichel wanted to make sure he was good to go for 2021 season, because deep down he hopes its for someone else.  

You must have missed the start of this season

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

I still would like to know why the team wouldn't let him get the surgery if it means hes back in time for the season as Jack says he would be.

They would get less in a trade in the off-season if they wanted to.

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

"Doesn't work like that, Paul!" Captain Jack is one angry young man.

A bit disingenuous, I'd say. He said it with a smile on his face while chuckling. I think he's certainly frustrated with the situation, but this quote doesn't sum it up that way for me. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, I-90 W said:

Trade value is as low as can be because of both injury and the league knows he wants out, plus ownership is looking like a bunch of jerks if what he is saying is true. This is literally the most Buffalo way to lose him.

AFTER inflating Skinner to a 40 goal season by pairing him with Jack, to the tune of 9 million per. 

Asset Management lmao

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, inkman said:

Maybe that does fix the problem...

I know why you reacted this way @Thorny .  Something isn’t right though.  Nothing the fancy stats will show.  Is Jack a terrible influence off the ice?  Does he put in the extra work?  Does he take the young guys out get them all ***** up.  I know if the leaders at my job half ass it or even worse, show no commitment to the organization, my commitment level will follow suit. 

• Thanks (+1) 2

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Maybe it's because he never really led the team, like Josh Allen did. They catered to him and I guess he expects to be treated a certain way.

The Bills changed their entire offense for Allen, signed a bunch of free agents, and traded a 1st round pick for a star receiver.

It's easy to be a leader when you have a competent front office and coaching staff that you believe in.

Meanwhile Eichel has played for a bunch of clown GMs and coaches who never could build a team around him, all while becoming a top 10 center who consistently raised the game of his linemates.

And now the team is f###ing around with his health. 

Can't imagine why he's so different from Josh Allen as a leader. 🤔

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.