Jack Eichel Presser on Monday 5-10-21

Brawndo

9 minutes ago, TerryFolds said:

You mean like in The Room movie kind of way?

Nothing changes in a positive way until the Fracker and the Golddigger sell the team. Eichel's injury comments suggest that the franchise is even more messed up than we ever thought imaginable. I have been advocating for a pressure campaign to force the Pegulas to sell. No tickets and no merchandise until they sell the team to someone who will keep them in Buffalo.

They're not going to sell the team. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Why are you leaving out the significant context of Jack's injury, and the disconnect Jack just said it's caused between him and the team? 

It's an accumulation of things imo. We aren't privy to the whole story. I feel like both sides could present a case for less than complete execution of the contract terms through the years. 

5 minutes ago, nucci said:

it's not as simple as contract/payment when talking about sport teams

Well the team owns his rights. I don't think it'll come down to it but they could control whether he even plays at all. 

Just now, nfreeman said:

If there was ever a time to bring in an experienced HC and an experienced senior hockey czar, each with a successful track record, with the goal of restoring some credibility to the franchise, I think it’s now.  

I'd imagine the name guys are less likely to come to a team without it's biggest draw

2 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Well the team owns his rights. I don't think it'll come down to it but they could control whether he even plays at all. 

and the rest of the league will watch how it's handled. Going to have a tough time trying to convince FAs to come when everyone wants out

1 hour ago, Kong said:

Anyone want to chip in for an aerial "SELL THE SABRES" banner to be flown over PSE HQ?

http://www.airsign.com/aerialadvertising_new+york_buffalo

I wouldn't spend a penny for or against the Pegulas. Demonstrating that you care enough to pay for this demonstrates that you still care enough to be a fan and that you will still tune in like the owners want you to. Making the team irrelevant is the best option. Egomaniacs want a platform...

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Just watched Jack's presser.

Don't know if the decision to not want Eichel to have the surgery was made by Adams or ownership (obviously after consulting w/ their own medical experts) but can't see Eichel ever trusting the individual(s) that are resisting him going that route moving forward.

There's a LOT of repair work that would be necessary to fix that relationship.  Doubt any of them have the ability to do it.

This emotion is inline with that felt on 7/1/7, the day Dom was dealt, & the day O'Reilly was dealt.

Clearly with the injury situations of this team there are some questions that need to be asked.  At this point I don't see how I can put faith into this ownership team. I think there's more rotten than we know. We're hearing from the players today. We've speculated about RJ the past few days with some of his comments. Dunleavy appears to have left things open (even if he had before).

Right now the only person we know who wanted to be here is Jason Karmanos.

Also - anyone still hoping for Rutherford? Gallant?  Boudreau? Even Tortorella wouldn't come here.

22 minutes ago, erickompositör72 said:

If he goes to the Rangers, I may show up to cheer for him at MSG

I don’t have any animosity toward Eichel but he has in almost no way endeared himself to the fans of Buffalo to warrant this kind of commitment. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, nucci said:

and the rest of the league will watch how it's handled. Going to have a tough time trying to convince FAs to come when everyone wants out

Well he threw down the gauntlet, potentially driving down his value with all the ***** he was spewing. All the things he could have learned from ROR and it seems like he only learned the bad.

Just now, Norcal said:

Well he threw down the gauntlet, potentially driving down his value with all the ***** he was spewing. All the things he could have learned from ROR and it seems like he only learned the bad.

Yeah, not a great look or situation

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I'd imagine the name guys are less likely to come to a team without it's biggest draw

Probably true, but these jobs are few and far between.  I think they could bring in quality people if they are determined to do so.  And doing so might just help them convince some of these players to stick around. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

If there was ever a time to bring in an experienced HC and an experienced senior hockey czar, each with a successful track record, with the goal of restoring some credibility to the franchise, I think it’s now.  

Just don't see those types wanting to come without full authority and Pegulas don't want to give it in my opinion. I'm very close to thinking the only solution is Pegulas se!ling the team. Yes, That's putting relocation a possibility.

Just now, bob_sauve28 said:

He doesn't sound like he demanded a trade or anything. But he did not answer Adam B.'s question, though 

His press conference was his trade demand, basically. He even said they’ve had “tough conversations” that he has to look out for himself first and foremost etc. No one literally says the words “I demand a trade” to the press but that’s basically what he did.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Radar said:

Just don't see those types wanting to come without full authority and Pegulas don't want to give it in my opinion. I'm very close to thinking the only solution is Pegulas se!ling the team. Yes, That's putting relocation a possibility.

They don't want to sell or relocate.  There's been a rather large swath of changes made in the last couple of years from scouting, to PSE, to coaching and development.  Seems like trainers, team doctors, etc probably also need some new blood.  The big issue is a lot of that isn't handled under Adams, who while inexperienced I still trust considerably more than Kim and Terry.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.