Jack Eichel Presser on Monday 5-10-21

Brawndo

30 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

Another thing that was off putting was Jack saying several times how much of an amazing “human being” Ralph was. Didn’t seem very winning orientated there. Ralphs job was to coach not be a weird guru. Not a good look when the captain can’t see that, but still get upset about losing.

Maybe Ralph helped Eichel with his alcoholism, self esteem or girl problems.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, I-90 W said:

In a weird way it’s almost comforting that huge changes are finally coming, kind of like how back during the tank at least there was a goal/ end in sight (as wrong as that was). This might be the most entertaining off season we’ve seen in a long time.

I forget why I wanted to respond to this.

56 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

TP needs to sell the team.  This 100% is all on him. He has persistently put terrible people in charge even if the rumors of his interference are not true.  11 year playoff drought is unprecedented which looks inevitable.

They're not rumors.

52 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Just watched Jack's presser.

Don't know if the decision to not want Eichel to have the surgery was made by Adams or ownership (obviously after consulting w/ their own medical experts) but can't see Eichel ever trusting the individual(s) that are resisting him going that route moving forward.

There's a LOT of repair work that would be necessary to fix that relationship.  Doubt any of them have the ability to do it.

This emotion is inline with that felt on 7/1/7, the day Dom was dealt, & the day O'Reilly was dealt.

I'm trying to buck up and believe, somehow some way, this is the stake in the heart of the Pegulas' ownership.

42 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Yes

Wait. You're Canadian?

25 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Haven't posters long suspected our medical staff was lacking?

The image is burned into my brain: the trainer behind Jack, looking like he's trying to off the guy, Jack grimacing and turning and exclaiming what I can only believe was a, "What the *****, are you trying to kill me?"

Edited by PASabreFan

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

They're not rumors.

I'm trying to buck up and believe, somehow some way, this is the stake in the heart of the Pegulas' ownership.

Wait. You're Canadian?

The image is burned into my brain: the trainer behind Jack, looking like he's trying to off the guy, Jack grimacing and turning and exclaiming what I can only believe was a, "What the *****, are you trying to kill me?"

Yes, I am

Second bolded: Same. First thing I thought of. It was so weird, right? It wasn't even surprise. It was disgust. 

They're not rumors.

Wait. You're Canadian?

Yeah, I remember seeing that live when it happened.

1 hour ago, I-90 W said:

In a weird way it’s almost comforting that huge changes are finally coming, kind of like how back during the tank at least there was a goal/ end in sight (as wrong as that was). This might be the most entertaining off season we’ve seen in a long time.

4 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

You were going to say something like, "Only in Buffalo are the off-season's more entertaining than the regular seasons."

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, PASabreFan said:

I'm over this line of thinking.

Me too.

Move him out west, keep him in the east, trade him in a division... Doesn't matter. You trade him where you're getting the best return.

To win the most games you have to make your team better... The best way you can. If you make the playoffs you're going to play against great players regardless. Don't care about where you move him just get the biggest return even if that's in your own division

I'm over this line of thinking.

Agree.

This franchise did wrong by Jack. The least they can do is man up and trade him in division/conference, if necessary, in pursuit of the best return possible, and commit to putting a team on the ice that can compete against the guy, since they couldn't give him one to play with. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Me too.

Move him out west, keep him in the east, trade him in a division... Doesn't matter. You trade him where you're getting the best return.

To win the most games you have to make your team better... The best way you can. If you make the playoffs you're going to play against great players regardless. Don't care about where you move him just get the biggest return even if that's in your own division

Lets be honest. Jack has 5 years on his contract. the Sabres will not even be a playoff team in 5 years. Sell him to whoever's paying the most. And none of the bs 5 years of 2nd round picks.

Top players

Edited by Mike Honcho

6 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Lets be honest. Jack has 5 years on his contract. the Sabres will not even be a playoff team in 5 years. Sell him to whoever's paying the most. And none of the bs 5 years of 2nd round picks.

Top players

No one will send top players.  You are looking at the Alexander Mogilny trade as your template for Jack and Sam.  We officially are committed to the Las Vegas route.

3 minutes ago, #freejame said:

"...you get Reinhart and Eichel then..."

Thanks for saying that.  Anyone talking anything like The Tank needs to relearn the lesson.

1 hour ago, I-90 W said:

You mean like in The Room movie kind of way?

Nothing changes in a positive way until the Fracker and the Golddigger sell the team. Eichel's injury comments suggest that the franchise is even more messed up than we ever thought imaginable. I have been advocating for a pressure campaign to force the Pegulas to sell. No tickets and no merchandise until they sell the team to someone who will keep them in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Agree.

This franchise did wrong by Jack. The least they can do is man up and trade him in division/conference, if necessary, in pursuit of the best return possible, and commit to putting a team on the ice that can compete against the guy, since they couldn't give him one to play with. 

They don't owe him *****, he has a contract and payment has been rendered. The failure of the organization is tied to his failure as a player. The two have failed together to reach any level of competence on the ice regardless of any changes made from season to season.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Norcal said:

They don't owe him *****, he has a contract and payment has been rendered. The failure of the organization is tied to his failure as a player. The two have failed together to reach any level of competence on the ice regardless of any changes made from season to season.  

Why are you leaving out the significant context of Jack's injury, and the disconnect Jack just said it's caused between him and the team? 

4 minutes ago, Norcal said:

it's not as simple as contract/payment when talking about sport teams

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.