Jack Eichel Presser on Monday 5-10-21

Brawndo

9 hours ago, Thorny said:

Button mentioned Calgary (to compete w/McD in division) and Ottawa as good landing spots for Jack. Said teams will be lining up for a player who is “beyond elite”, a superstar, [b]and that people will attribute any perceived issues/weaknesses to the dysfunction of the Sabres.[/b]

Specifically mentioned how the league watched Hall score 2 goals here then 8 after getting moved 

And they probably wouldn’t be wrong. If I were Adams, would be praying teams are thinking this way. 

5 hours ago, darksabre said:

I suspect the goal here from the Sabres perspective is to provide the juice for the "Eichel is selfish" narrative if it comes out that he's overblowing the disconnect on the treatment and is essentially pouting his way out of town. It's good for them to put Jack's words in plain sight.

Well stated.  A delicate balance between that and damaging the value of the asset you potentially wish to sell.  I can’t wait for Adam’s response.  They have had two days to think about it. 
Bored Wait GIF by FirstAndMonday

6 hours ago, Hoss said:

He could. Or he could make it very obvious he doesn’t want to be here (like he already seems to be doing). That’s not good for anybody and the Sabres would be stupid to try to ride that out.

Wrong.

He can't trade himself.   

He's not going to sit out, nor is he going to pout for 5 years and grenade his career during his prime years just to spite the Sabres.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, darksabre said:

I suspect the goal here from the Sabres perspective is to provide the juice for the "Eichel is selfish" narrative if it comes out that he's overblowing the disconnect on the treatment and is essentially pouting his way out of town. It's good for them to put Jack's words in plain sight.

13 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

Well stated.  A delicate balance between that and damaging the value of the asset you potentially wish to sell.  I can’t wait for Adam’s response.  They have had two days to think about it. 
Bored Wait GIF by FirstAndMonday

Nah.  The simplest explanation is generally correct.  They post everyone’s interview.  It’s as simple as that.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Wrong.

He can't trade himself.   

He's not going to sit out, nor is he going to pout for 5 years and grenade his career during his prime years just to spite the Sabres.

It feels like you haven't followed professional sports for ... a decade?

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Hoss said:

It feels like you haven't followed professional sports for ... a decade?

Name one top tier NHL player who sat out an entire season in the last decade while under contract.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, darksabre said:

The goal has to be to save this franchise from its current disaster of a reputation.

Whoever we trade for, how distraught are they going to be to end up in hockey Siberia where you can count on a 3 year rebuild?  

The goal at this PC should be, "we recognize the front office AND ownership has gotten things wrong for a long time.....I'm here to tell you I've had time to assess and learn from those mistakes.....we are putting together a solid front office, we are rebuilding the scouting department, we're going to hire the right coach for what we know is a solid young core.  We want Jack and Sam to be a part of what we are going to build and sustain here.  Its why we were hopeful about seeing Jack play with these guys the last 25 games.  So there is some cohesion going into next year.  

Now all that being said, the reality is we believe there are moves we can make to add to the core and give us more depth.  If that means everyone is available, yes, we are listening to offers.  But only if they make sense for this CITY."

And yes, I'd say the word "city."  That means so much more right now and says so much more than "the organization" that everyone hates.  

You come here, you see it with the Bills.  The fits have to be right.  It's something that has always mattered here.  You not only represent the team, but the best fan base in North American sports.  And when you win here, there isn't much to compare it with.  You become part of the community and you likely will never want to leave. 

You have to start damage control tomorrow Kevin.  

Those are your talking points.  

Edited by Second Line Center

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.