Jack Eichel Presser on Monday 5-10-21

Brawndo

Unhappy with the medical staff? To my notion, they didn’t force him to play with his neck injury. So if he’s filing a grievance he has to have proof they did. To me, it looks like they disagree on treatment but he hasn’t been forced to play so there is no negligence on the medical side.

And forgive me, but teams are usually the ones forcing or urging surgery so they can get their player back faster. So this is a very strange situation. 

The more I look into this the more I say Up Yours Jack. He was given the keys to the club and $10 million per and he’s being a little bitch. He’s not Connor and he knows it and I think that does bother him that he wasn’t the teams first choice. 

Speaking of Connor, don’t kid yourself but had the Oilers not done well this year, he’d be bitching and whining too. 

Edited by rickshaw
  • Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I feel the same way about Sam’s interview as I do Jack’s ...

Yawn. Fresh emotions. What is said and what is done, will be two different things. Until Sam gets moved ... I’ll go under the safe assumption, he’ll be back as a Sabre in October.

Speaking for myself only...

10 minutes ago, Hoss said:

More context:

Hey Taylor, you sucked and you should be ashamed of your play in Buffalo. So up yours as well.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, rickshaw said:

Unhappy with the medical staff? To my notion, they didn’t force him to play with his neck injury. So if he’s filing a grievance he has to have proof they did. To me, it looks like they disagree on treatment but he hasn’t been forced to play so there is no negligence on the medical side.

The more I look into this the more I say Up Yours Jack. He was given the keys to the club and $10 million per and he’s being a little bitch. He’s not Connor and he knows it and I think that does bother him that he wasn’t the teams first choice. 

Speaking of Connor, don’t kid yourself but had the Oilers not done well this year, he’d be bitching and whining too. 

I think Josh Allen bothers him more than Connor McDavid. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, rickshaw said:

And forgive me, but teams are usually the ones forcing or urging surgery so they can get their player back faster. So this is a very strange situation. 

The best practises say, all other things being equal, avoid surgery (90+%), weight-lifting, and heavy-duty aerobics until the disc is back in place or fused.  Everyone else here thinks the Sabres staff is automatically wrong, but they look to be right on percentages.

• Like (+1) 3

Isn’t it usually ownership wanting to rush surgeries, not the other way around? Kind of weird that he’s mad they want to take a conventional approach. The more and more I think of it, looks like shenanigans. Think Jack is using this as an excuse to bail.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

Yep.

Let him get the surgery, have him play next season and trade him at the deadline, when teams will be salivating to enter the playoffs, are on the cusp, and have assets.

Can't 

Everyone on the roster would be playing a season they know is doomed to end badly.

Has to happen this summer.  

And he sabotaged his trade value today. 

Now I'm angry.  

• Like (+1) 1

26 pages.

Hmm.

I wrote a huge post about Jack (well, mostly ***** Jack), based only on what I read here. Then I listened to his presser.

Kevyn Adams' presser is really going to have some spicy mustard on it for me to not wish everyone leaves in FA and they move the team to Quebec City.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, bunomatic said:

Jacks a f¥€{en weasel. Burn it down. Bring in guys with heart , grit and god given talent and build a team that can kick the ***** new teams ass.

Can't do this either.

League has gone full soft.

Everyone plays the same way same style.  It's not until the playoffs the play ramps up, whistles get put away, and then things tighten up.  

There is a reason the Caps went with "size."  

You can keep players safe and still have teams like the 95-96 Sabres.

It's a shame we don't.  

Tough and gritty does not have to equal cheap and dirty.

1 hour ago, rickshaw said:

I've moved into this camp throughout the day.  

Matthews bothers him to.

And to say "well Sam had a good year."

That really really really rubbed me the wrong way.

That is not how a "Captain" should be thinking let alone say out loud.

Freaking embarrassing. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Second Line Center said:

Can't do this either.

League has gone full soft.

Everyone plays the same way same style.  It's not until the playoffs the play ramps up, whistles get put away, and then things tighten up.  

There is a reason the Caps went with "size."  

You can keep players safe and still have teams like the 95-96 Sabres.

It's a shame we don't.  

Tough and gritty does not have to equal cheap and dirty.

I meant on the scoreboard. Despite what some believe you can still ice a team that will go through a wall for each other. They don’t have to be goons but they will require ballz.😁

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, bunomatic said:

I meant on the scoreboard. Despite what some believe you can still ice a team that will go through a wall for each other. They don’t have to be goons but they will require ballz.😁

I agree.

That's the team I want centered around 4 or 5 highly skilled guys.....some of them should have an edge to.......each line has guys that embrace physical play and lay it all out for their teammates.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Second Line Center said:

I agree.

That's the team I want centered around 4 or 5 highly skilled guys.....some of them should have an edge to.......each line has guys that embrace physical play and lay it all out for their teammates.  

Thats what I’m talkin about. There can be no questions whether the players will go to war for each other. Ever.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Kong said:

I'd fire KA. I don't care when he was hired...he's a weasel. So is Eichel, for making up this song and dance about the disagreement about the operation...it was really just his awkward, passive-aggressive way of orchestrating himself out of town. Blame the organization and make them look like the bad guys.

Management should've sat down with Eichel quietly and asked if he wanted to stay or go. If he said he wanted to go, they should have given him a dignified exit and traded him. But they blew it up into this ugly thing because basically management are weasels. Now Buffalo is up for league-wide ridicule again.

But Kim will hire another dud and the s***show will continue because she's incompetent, calculating, self-absorbed, conniving,manipulative, unethical, negative and a bad manager. The organization reflects the top manager. The problem here isn't Eichel, it's the Pegulas. And specifically Kim Pegula. Jack just didn't want to play in Buffalo anymore and she wouldn't accomodate him. If he doesn't want to play, he's not going to play, let him go with dignity. 

Terry please find something else for your trophy wife/handler to do.

How are they doing with the Bills? 

Look, calling people names you don't even know means nothing. I know you're angry, we all are. I think there's enough blame to throw around on both sides.

I never felt Eichel was captain material and maybe they shouldn't have given him that role, but, who else? There's no quick fix. Prepare for continued mediocrity for at least several more years.

• Like (+1) 1

Something seems amiss here. Something isn't adding up. If the Sabres medical staff are standing firm on rehab as opposed to surgery, there is reason for this. He went to Colorado for a second opinion, no? If Eichel's personal doctor had ground to stand on, why wouldn't they bring forth that second opinion?

Something isn't adding up.

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

“And we would have gotten a playoff berth, if it wasn’t for you meddling owners”

scooby doo hello GIF by Boomerang Official

No idea, but I doubt we’d be worse off, simply because we’re last half the time.

But yeah, we could’ve been last all the time. Things are good.

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

Something seems amiss here. Something isn't adding up. If the Sabres medical staff are standing firm on rehab as opposed to surgery, there is reason for this. He went to Colorado for a second opinion, no? If Eichel's personal doctor had ground to stand on, why wouldn't they bring forth that second opinion?

Something isn't adding up.

While I think they likely did bring that second opinion up and the Sabres probably declined to go with it ... it's also possible Jack just flat wants out and is choosing this as his means of an exit. It's like when you're in a bad relationship and there's so many problems but it's the fact that she puts the toilet paper roll on backwards that gets you out the door.

• Like (+1) 4

Just watched the interview.

Sadly, I think Eichel is gone. He's a better center than Scheif and I'd hate it if he wanted out. I'd love him on the Jets but it will never happen.

This is definitely Pegula's fault and nobody else's.

Hiring an inexperienced GM was/is a grave mistake and it shows. Eichel should have been given an A, if anything, not the C (I know Adams didn't do this). I really couldn't believe when Rhino was signed to a one year deal. He's a consistent 60-65 point man, why not lock him up??? I'd fire Adams as soon as the regular season ended. Get a veteran GM and let him build the team and don't meddle. 

I honestly don't think his interview hurt his value because he is a legitimate top 5 center. You guys will get a ton back for him and there will be multiple offers for him. I can guarantee you that 31 teams will be phoning to see what it would cost to pry him out of Buffalo. 

In my opinion, a futures laced deal along with a half decent center is the way to go. Cozens has 1C written all over him but it won't be next season. This team will not be a contender for 4 or so years so I wouldn't waste the return on older players.

You should be able to pick up a decent center along with one or two 1st round picks and one or two blue chip prospects. Build around Dahlin and Cozens. Draft well without trading top picks away. The fans need to be patient and trading Eichel will more or less force this. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Whenever the Sabres suffered a big loss the last few years, I'd sometimes go down a mental rabbit hole of 'what's the worst case scenario for the Sabres'. It's always kind of comforting, because it's usually so ridiculous, that it can't possibly come true.

Yesterday proved me wrong. It can.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.