Jack Eichel Presser on Monday 5-10-21

Brawndo

11 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Oh, it's unnecessary? Source? 

The entirety of the situation should have never gotten to this point. These kind of disagreements are routinely smoothed over. The relationship is completely fractured, there's no trust, and the wasteland the Sabres have operated in since Jack got here allowed it to get to this point. Do you see this happening with franchise players across the league?

Saying "IMO he need to" regarding his injury is completely ridiculous to post on a message board. It's Jack's body, it's his choice 

Not per the new CBA.

Isn't it obvious the Sabres medical staff believes surgery is unnecessary?

If Eichel's camp is so adamant that he get the surgery, why didn't they file a grievance with the NHLPA? 

This doesn't pass the sniff test.

Edited by pi2000
  • Like (+1) 5

46 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Or they could take him to court and request damages, the result being he's still under contract, but for a LOT less.  I'm no lawyer, but it's a plausible scenario.

If the surgery is successful, it's really tough to establish damages in that situation.

If it isn't, well, there I think you've got something.

I wonder how good of a return the Sabres would get for Jack given his injury and big salary.  Worried that we will have a repeat of the O'Reilly trade where our inexperienced GM gets us back a bunch of near useless pieces.   

Maybe my biggest concern is the long-term impact on the ability of the Sabres to attract talent and be a desirable place for players, which was already a problem.  Whether Jack is using this situation for leverage to get traded, it is not a good look to have a dispute with your injured captain over his appropriate course of treatment.  It also does not help when you have players like Risto and Sam being openly unenthusiastic about coming back.  I guess a true house cleaning of the "veteran" players may end up happening.

12 minutes ago, Thorny said:

.....and it does lead off Sportscentre 

Tremendous.

8 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Biron seems to think they can smooth it over, said he expects Jack back. Interview on Sportscentre 

I love Marty, but I do wonder sometimes whether his middle name is "Pollyanna."

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

But what if Jack doesn’t need the surgery, you’re just gonna fire a grown man with a family because a 24 yo wanted to sit during a bad season? I’m not saying this is the case, but neither of us KNOW what is going on. 

Whether he needs surgery or not is irrelevant.

I want a GM who can facilitate a discussion with the 24 year old and the physicians and NEGOTIATE a resolution that all parties can agree to.

The problem with the Sabres the last 10 years is they have had a bunch of inexperienced GMs who couldn't manage all the BS that happens in the locker room.

Adams is just the latest in a long line of the incompetent Sabre GMs who could not manage off-ice issues.

Edited by jad1
  • Like (+1) 6

3 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Not per the new CBA.

Isn't it obvious the Sabres medical staff believes surgery is unnecessary?

If Eichel's camp is so adamant that he get the surgery, why didn't they file a grievance with the NHLPA? 

This doesn't pass the sniff test.

I don't know whether this event would be susceptible to a grievance under the CBA, but I do find some sense in your position here.

9 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

But what if Jack doesn’t need the surgery, you’re just gonna fire a grown man with a family because a 24 yo wanted to sit during a bad season? I’m not saying this is the case, but neither of us KNOW what is going on. 

Eichel is not married and doesn’t have children.  Of course he still has a family, but just wanted to clarify.

I don't believe any of this disconnect crap. Likely comes from his agent. A way to make himself look like the good guy and the team the villain. Whole thing was a complete dump on the franchise and the fans. He doesn't give a damn about Buffalo and likely never did. Good riddance we can finally right the ship with a proper captain. Good bye *****. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47gipj9au60ux71bg2zs

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I don't know whether this event would be susceptible to a grievance under the CBA, but I do find some sense in your position here.

Per Dreger Eichel's agent is currently speaking with PA reps re: filing a grievance 

• Thanks (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, jad1 said:

Whether he needs surgery or not is irrelevant.

I want a GM who can facilitate a discussion with the 24 year old and the physicians and NEGOTIATE a resolution that all parties can agree to.

The problem with the Sabres the last 10 years is they have had a bunch of inexperienced GMs who couldn't manage all the BS that happens in the locker room.

Adams is just the latest in a long line of the incompetent Sabre GMs who could not manage off-ice issues.

You’re presupposing a lot; how do you know a middle ground could have been reached?

1 minute ago, I-90 W said:

You’re presupposing a lot; how do you know a middle ground could have been reached?

Because an agreement in either direction benefits Eichel and the franchise more than the cluster***** this turned into.

Just now, jad1 said:

Because an agreement in either direction benefits Eichel and the franchise more than the cluster***** this turned into.

And for all we know it is because of Jack, not KA. Any objective person can understand the point that I’m making here.

Just now, I-90 W said:

And for all we know it is because of Jack, not KA. Any objective person can understand the point that I’m making here.

What's more likely, the Sabres just unluckily, continually, somehow manage to keep drafting disgruntled player after disgruntled player, just by chance? Damn, shoulda drafted Marner, that guy is a team player!

Or

That the common denominator, the organization, has a deeper issue

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

What's more likely, the Sabres just unluckily, continually, somehow manage to keep drafting disgruntled player after disgruntled player, just by chance? Damn, shoulda drafted Marner, that guy is a team player!

Or

That the common denominator, the organization, has a deeper issue

I don’t think that these things are mutually exclusive. I’m glad you mentioned drafting as I believe that is our biggest problem actually. I also think we have a systemic culture problem that began when Lucic ran Miller.

Edited by I-90 W

Just now, I-90 W said:

Who cares if it is?  I don't care about sides.  

The point is losing Eichel over this type of disagreement is ridiculous.  The front office should be able to handle these situations in their sleep, but they keep falling down.

Find a GM who is skilled and experienced in handling player issues, so the team does have to keep needlessly shedding top line talent.

• Thanks (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.