Jack Eichel Presser on Monday 5-10-21

Brawndo

27 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

It's just incredible we tank for both of these players and their gonna be both gone.

Maybe these guys are the "taint" of an unsavory decision (the tank itself) and the Hockey Gods are demanding their departure before She will allow success at an organizational level. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ice Cold said:

I give credit where it's due.  I'm not a Hamilton-Stan, but I listened to the press conference for which reporters asked the best questions that brought out the most interesting responses.  It was Hamilton's questions, twice, that brought out bombshell responses.  The other reporters spent their time following up on Hamilton.

Don't ruin Ham-bone's big day.  They don't come around too often.

Yeah gotta admit, Hamilton’s annoying personality worked out well today.

1 minute ago, Broken Ankles said:

Maybe these guys are the "taint" of an unsavory decision 

Is there a better word than taint?

I think that just taint so.

It literally means like a sort of soiled stain on something ... and it is also slang for ... well, such an evocative anatomical reference.

1 hour ago, jad1 said:

The Bills changed their entire offense for Allen, signed a bunch of free agents, and traded a 1st round pick for a star receiver.

It's easy to be a leader when you have a competent front office and coaching staff that you believe in.

Meanwhile Eichel has played for a bunch of clown GMs and coaches who never could build a team around him, all while becoming a top 10 center who consistently raised the game of his linemates.

And now the team is f###ing around with his health. 

Can't imagine why he's so different from Josh Allen as a leader. 🤔

Naw. You either lead or you don't. This is excuse-making. "How can I lead my team if everything isn't perfect?"

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

Maybe these guys are the "taint" of an unsavory decision (the tank itself) and the Hockey Gods are demanding their departure before She will allow success at an organizational level. 

The taint is the incompetent GMs and coaches who have done nothing but make bad decisions and shed talent from the roster the last 10 years.

Letting another one of these morons dump Eichel and Reinhart off the roster isn't going to fix this franchise.

Edited by jad1
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Following this team is so fascinating...  in a painful way. I think following the Sabres is the truest, quickest way to the dark side of The Concept Of hockey.

Which scythe is jack?  Darth Vertebrate?

Edited by Beer
misspelled word
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, I-90 W said:

Relocation would be horrible but I’d follow the Sabres anywhere they go still. What has happened this last decade has been an absolute disgrace.

If the Sabres moved it would free me up to become a Dallas Stars fan, just like the Braves leaving allows me to follow the Mavs or Buffalo not having an MLB team lets me follow the Texas Rangers.  If they move they are no longer a team I will follow.

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Naw. You either lead or you don't. This is excuse-making. "How can I lead my team if everything isn't perfect?"

If the Jets drafted Allen, there is no way he is the same player he is today being coached by Adam Gase.

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

If the Sabres moved it would free me up to become a Dallas Stars fan, just like the Braves leaving allows me to follow the Mavs or not having an MLB team lets me follow the Texas Rangers.  If they move they are no longer a team I will follow.

As long as they retained the name Sabres I would remain a fan. If they relocated and dropped the Sabres name, then I’d probably be out.

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

They are not relocating.  Geez.

Yeah I don’t think so either it just spiraled into another theoretical convo that’s all. 

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

The team has to get ahead of his NMC that kicks in during the 2022-23 season. You can’t let another top player rag doll you because of a clause. Get the best deal now.

Yep.

Let him get the surgery, have him play next season and trade him at the deadline, when teams will be salivating to enter the playoffs, are on the cusp, and have assets.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Yep.

Let him get the surgery, have him play next season and trade him at the deadline, when teams will be salivating to enter the playoffs, are on the cusp, and have assets.

You won't get a big piece in return from a team making a run.  It will be prospects and draft capital.  Fine if we're in for the long rebuild... which we're already in so who the heck cares

1 minute ago, Curt said:

That makes one of us.  Are you sure that you remember his name even?  Hehe

Yakupov?

Nope.  Yakushev.  The Soviets' top player in the Summit Series.  The guy whose ankle  Bobby Clarke set out to break.

2 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Eichel and Risto to Vancouver for Bo Horvat, Brock Boeser, Olli Joulevi and a first

If I'm Vancouver I laugh at that offer. Horvat and Boeser are that team's heart and soul along with Pettersson (who is due a nice pay bump). And I'm not paying that much for Pettersson, Eichel, and JT Miller to play center and have one of them get limited minutes.

But...  if you're willing to take 1 year of Loui Eriksson and 1 year of Jay Beagle... or 3 more years of Tyler Myers at $6M per... then maybe we can talk about Horvat or Boeser.

13 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Yep.

Not a good idea.  At the deadline no teams have cap space ($10M!) and good teams don’t want to trade away good pieces just before the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Yep.

Personally I think we need to stop the toxic bleeding now. This is officially a very distracting locker room problem. We don’t move him before the season starts and it will be near impossible to move forward in a healthy way with our new/ younger players IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.