Jack Eichel Presser on Monday 5-10-21

Brawndo

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

This emotion is inline with that felt on 7/1/7, the day Dom was dealt, & the day O'Reilly was dealt.

This is worse then ROR, way worse but not quite 7/1/07. 

He's given me absolutely zero reason to miss him bc he's done the math I did.  By the time we're legit contenders Eichel will be 30.  Maybe.  For now he has the reputation or stigma of being the Captain of a perennial loser.  It's not his fault.  

He was made captain too soon.

And was drafted by a team led by a meddling clueless owner that was drunk on the idea of McEichel or bust.  

This was all doomed to fail the second LaFontaine left for reasons still unknown.   

Edited by Second Line Center
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Kong said:

With all of Eichel's injuries, and there has been a number of them, I look at his build, which is tall and lanky, and I wonder if this man was built for hockey. It would seem, and I don't want to jinx him, that he's due for more. The neck, the groin, the ankle, the ribs...when is it going to stop? I'm starting to think that Eichel is injury prone and that a team just can't count on him. And the neck injury was a coup de grace; I wonder if he'll ever truly get over it. Because in the NHL, you need to have your head on a swivel or you're toast.

Just don't get any more bandaid boys in return for Eichel.

Almost like Aaron Judge; tremendously talented but does not have a baseball body type. He also is injury prone.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I wonder how much Eichel will be willing to accommodate the Sabres regarding his no trade list next summer? Surely he'll keep the Sabres interests in mind? What did he say today in the interview is his number 1 focus, again?

He'll hold this franchise over a barrel if we trade him when he has a NMC 

That's never been more clear 

You still can't trade him for a bag of pucks now.  If you can get one of the top prospects in hockey (Byfield, Dach, Lafreniere), plus plus then they need to seriously consider it. Or you go to Calgary and bring back Tkachuk, Zary and a 1st. 

I doubt teams offer that though with his injury.   

So I think he's back in october until he proves he is healthy again. They either start winning and all is forgotten or you trade him then.  IMHO

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

You still can't trade him for a bag of pucks now.  If you can get one of the top prospects in hockey (Byfield, Dach, Lafreniere), plus plus then they need to seriously consider it. Or you go to Calgary and bring back Tkachuk, Zary and a 1st. 

So I think he's back in october until he proves he is healthy again. They either start winning and all is forgotten or you trade him then.  IMHO

This is the smart way to go.  Repairing the relationship with Eichel offers the franchise the best return.

But nobody every accused the Sabres of being a smart organization.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Curt said:

I’ve pretty much been expecting this since the season went downhill.  I think this team is going to be starting over. 

I mean that's what we were doing anyway so whatever.  

Problem isn't necessarily trading or making it work with Eichel. 

It's do we have the right people in charge? 

I think Eichel has reached a verdict on that.   

Sounds like other guys have to.  

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

I'm not sure he can come back after today's presser. It would never be the same with fans. We all know now that he is looking to leave and like Lindros with the Flyers, he no longer trusts the medical evaluation he was given (and Jack was right) The damage is now irreparable and hopefully, Karmanos and Kevyn can work out a good deal with future #1 picks based on Jack's playing status for next season. Perhaps an everyday good player also in the deal coming the Sabres way. Deep down, we all knew this day would come.

41 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Ah, gotcha. I misread it a bit. I agree with Jack in this instance regarding his personal health, but I hold no allegiance to him or think he has ever conducted himself well as a Sabre.  

Agreed. I was a Sabres fan long before him, and Lord willing, will be for long after. What he and Sam represent to me are very talented yet soft players that we tanked for. I just feel bad for my daughter who has an Eichel 50th jersey.

Also maybe it wasn’t fair for me to call Jack soft but whatever idc right now.

Edited by I-90 W
Typo
  • Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Well maybe Jack refuses to recognize that he himself is the weed.

How is being the most productive player on the team since his arrival being the weed? 

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

Agreed. I was a Sabres fan long before him, and Lord willing, will be for long after. What he and Sam represent to me are very talented yet soft players that we tanked for. I just feel bad for my daughter who has an Eichel 50th jersey.

Also maybe it wasn’t fair for me to call Jack soft by whatever idc right now.

Sam?

I missed it....just reading comments now.  I'd like to hear management's view before making any judgment.  I'd like to see both Jack and Management to put on their big boy pants and figure out how to resolve their differences vs. some kind of public divorce where we the fans get screwed.  I still want him on this team.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, fiftyone said:

A bit disingenuous, I'd say. He said it with a smile on his face while chuckling. I think he's certainly frustrated with the situation, but this quote doesn't sum it up that way for me. 

Ever hear of a wry smile?

52 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Is there a team Jack or are their just people who want him on the team? I’ve met very few Sabres fans who name Jack Eichel as their favorite player. 

It was interesting that Jack didn't crack the top 5 in fan polling for The Rico.

40 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I've worked out for many years and lifted far heavier weights than Eichel has I am pretty sure. My trainer used to train some NFL players and I was in such good shape that he gave me their workouts to do which were insane x 10. 

I never had a herniated disc, so whatever he was doing must have been with weights that were too heavy or form that was terrible or both.

It happened at NYI. What's still not clear is whether that was THE injury or an aggravation?

I think I'll be drinking myself tonight.   Do we even trust Eichel to put in the work to be a top tier hockey player to get his trade value up?  I suspect he just goes through the motions until he's worth a bag of used pucks.  Meanwhile McDavid hits 100 pts and Matthews pots 40 goals in a shortened season.  WTF is wrong with this organization.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Ugh I just thought of something; cringy Titanic themed meme clips/videos with Leonardo DiCaprio and ownership or fans saying “Don’t ever let go Jack”. It’s going to be awful.

1 minute ago, Beer said:

But Leon was the prize

True that.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Tkachuk for Eichel straight up.

1 minute ago, sabremike said:

So Jack is going to be traded and the guy charged with pulling it off is a GM who is just about the most unqualified GM hire in hockey history.

Yeah...

It's not happening in tonight

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.