Jack Eichel Presser on Monday 5-10-21

Brawndo

19 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Apparently he's working out too much and that's how he got hurt in the first place. Maybe if the team has better strength and conditioning staff they could have guided the 24 year old through a better offseason regimen. 

I don't dismiss that Jack is a bad influence at this point. I'm just saying, it's the organization that turned Anakin into Vader. 

I've worked out for many years and lifted far heavier weights than Eichel has I am pretty sure. My trainer used to train some NFL players and I was in such good shape that he gave me their workouts to do which were insane x 10. 

I never had a herniated disc, so whatever he was doing must have been with weights that were too heavy or form that was terrible or both.

9 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Does anybody think that part of the reason Eichel brought this up at the press conference is to goad/shame management into letting him get the surgery he thinks will get his game back on track & leave him with a better quality of life post-NHL and NOT necessarily to get himself out of town?

I wish I were that optimistic.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Clearly you haven't heard or watch him the entirety of the hockey world are  Labelling him as a future best ever defensemen And he will rival Orr

I am familiar with him. I also know by the time he were on the Sabres, we would be five years in the future counting his KHL contract. I also remember hearing incessantly about Dahlin in the same way. 

3 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

I am almost 50 and this is the most depressing moment in Buffalo sports for the sheer scope of it. Something is extremely unhealthy at the top and the culture of this franchise. For Jack to feel disrespected in his injury handling is extremely telling and beyond disturbing. Wide right, Hull in the crease, Briere/Drury leaving... is not the same as this.  Very hopeless feeling for the future of this team. 

Wish this was only a player problem. This a fractured franchise on life support.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Good luck selling tix next year and the indefinite future. Who in their right mind would want season tix for this crapfest?

Yeah, it's one thing if the team is just genuinely bad, but if the fans actively hate the ownership/management, it could kill this franchise.

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

I've worked out for many years and lifted far heavier weights than Eichel has I am pretty sure. My trainer used to train some NFL players and I was in such good shape that he gave me their workouts to do which were insane x 10. 

I never had a herniated disc, so whatever he was doing must have been with weights that were too heavy or form that was terrible or both.

All I can say is that as someone with back issues, they are unpredictable and often without reason. I recently coughed and couldn’t walk for three days. ***** just happens sometimes. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

With all of Eichel's injuries, and there has been a number of them, I look at his build, which is tall and lanky, and I wonder if this man was built for hockey. It would seem, and I don't want to jinx him, that he's due for more. The neck, the groin, the ankle, the ribs...when is it going to stop? I'm starting to think that Eichel is injury prone and that a team just can't count on him. And the neck injury was a coup de grace; I wonder if he'll ever truly get over it. Because in the NHL, you need to have your head on a swivel or you're toast.

Just don't get any more bandaid boys in return for Eichel.

Edited by Kong
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Does anybody think that part of the reason Eichel brought this up at the press conference is to goad/shame management into letting him get the surgery he thinks will get his game back on track & leave him with a better quality of life post-NHL and NOT necessarily to get himself out of town?

If he’s tried everything possible ... and nothing worked. Then do the surgery. Getting cut open and repairing the disc has got to got to got to be the last resort. If he’s there ... then I hope he gets done tomorrow! As far as it being a foregone conclusion that he’s definitely leaving this summer, i’m just not there yet.  I understand that some fans look at things this way all the time, for everything sports. But I’m just not there yet. Time will tell.

• Like (+1) 1

Am hoping this is a case of the Pegulas having been distant / out of the picture following their Bills & daughter's career & that having this hit them in the face gets management on board with letting Eichel get his surgery.

The 1st side benefit of that is, they aren't trading him coming off a major injury like that.  The 2ndary benefit is that Reinhart probably wants to stay here a lot more if his buddy is still around.  The tertiary benefit is Rutherford & Gallant will be a lot more on board with coming to Buffalo with the team turning towards true win now AND in the future mode.  The quartenary benefit is that there is far more to the front office than just Adams by himself.

And the last and best is, the team could actually make the ####### playoffs next season.

#### yeah, Jack.  Tell 'em like it is.

• Like (+1) 1

at the end of the day there probably isn't going to be a trade out there this summer that is reasonable for one of the top players in the league. Teams can't give up their top prospects and #1 draft picks for a guy coming off a neck injury and the Sabres can't trade him when his stock is at a low point.

He has a contract and needs to honor it. So see you in October and be ready to roll. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, #freejame said:

All I can say is that as someone with back issues, they are unpredictable and often without reason. I recently coughed and couldn’t walk for three days. ***** just happens sometimes. 

That is pretty crazy...wonder if that is something that could bother Eichel long term or be reoccurring?

8 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Am hoping this is a case of the Pegulas having been distant / out of the picture following their Bills & daughter's career & that having this hit them in the face gets management on board with letting Eichel get his surgery.

The 1st side benefit of that is, they aren't trading him coming off a major injury like that.  The 2ndary benefit is that Reinhart probably wants to stay here a lot more if his buddy is still around.  The tertiary benefit is Rutherford & Gallant will be a lot more on board with coming to Buffalo with the team turning towards true win now AND in the future mode.  The quartenary benefit is that there is far more to the front office than just Adams by himself.

And the last and best is, the team could actually make the ####### playoffs next season.

#### yeah, Jack.  Tell 'em like it is.

I do think, reading between the lines, that Jack could be trying to run Adams out of time.  Could be.

Also, Travis Yost will be on GR at 4pm.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

at the end of the day there probably isn't going to be a trade out there this summer that is reasonable for one of the top players in the league. Teams can't give up their top prospects and #1 draft picks for a guy coming off a neck injury and the Sabres can't trade him when his stock is at a low point.

He has a contract and needs to honor it. So see you in October and be ready to roll. 

I wonder how much Eichel will be willing to accommodate the Sabres regarding his no trade list next summer? Surely he'll keep the Sabres interests in mind? What did he say today in the interview is his number 1 focus, again?

He'll hold this franchise over a barrel if we trade him when he has a NMC 

That's never been more clear 

Edited by Thorny

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

I wonder how much Eichel will be willing to accommodate the Sabres regarding his no trade list next summer? Surely he'll keep the Sabres interests in mind? What did he say today in the interview is his number 1 focus, again?

In that case we hold him hostage until his contract is up

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Yeah we learned that with Dom.  Hopefully Regier is in Adams's ear about it.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.