Jack Eichel Presser on Monday 5-10-21

Brawndo

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

It's hard for me to find it comforting that this level of alienation and disenfranchisement was allowed to occur. 

Agree.  And I find the logic that this is somehow good baffling. The same people who brought this situation to this level are still calling the shots. Why does everyone think it will somehow turn out differently?

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, nucci said:

there's nothing comforting about this. Eichel, Reinhart, Risto and Ullmark want to leave  and we have an inexperienced GM and pretty much absentee owners in charge.

I don’t think we were ever gonna reach the playoffs with the team, the improvement after Ralph was fired doesn’t fool me for one minute.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

We have to hit rock bottom at some point. And I think we just did. Logically that could be a good thing as incrementalism wasn’t going to help us in the long run. We need a complete overhaul and hopefully this will force the Pegula’s into making systematic changes with hockey operations, drafting, coaching, everything really. 

Performing this type of invasive surgery on oneself can be rather difficult 

Edited by Thorny

Just watched Jack's presser.

Don't know if the decision to not want Eichel to have the surgery was made by Adams or ownership (obviously after consulting w/ their own medical experts) but can't see Eichel ever trusting the individual(s) that are resisting him going that route moving forward.

There's a LOT of repair work that would be necessary to fix that relationship.  Doubt any of them have the ability to do it.

This emotion is inline with that felt on 7/1/7, the day Dom was dealt, & the day O'Reilly was dealt.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, erickompositör72 said:

My question is: is the culprit TP or KA?

Jack always spoke glowingly of the Pegs.  KA has gotten a GM fired, that GM’s coach fired, and TPegs consolation prize to tune out completely.  The people I know in Chicago with league ties think he is a weasel.  But that is neither here nor there. He is the architect of your new Buffalo Sabres.

3 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

We have to hit rock bottom at some point. And I think we just did. Logically that could be a good thing as incrementalism wasn’t going to help us in the long run. We need a complete overhaul and hopefully this will force the Pegula’s into making systematic changes with hockey operations, drafting, coaching, everything really. 

we have finished last 4 of the past 8 years. How many times do we need to hit rock bottom?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 3putt said:

Jack always spoke glowingly of the Pegs.  KA has gotten a GM fired, that GM’s coach fired, and TPegs consolation prize to tune out completely.  The people I know in Chicago with league ties think he is a weasel.  But that is neither here nor there. He is the architect of your new Buffalo Sabres.

Would make perfect sense. 

16 minutes ago, Thorny said:

It's pretty unusual for an NHL player, particularly a captain, to do this. To say the least. It will lead off sportscentre here I bet

Where is here? Canada?  Nobody in the states cares about hockey minus us losers. 

This organization doesn't deserve to exist. It's too screwed up at the top and the decisions made, it was like they bought all the frosting in the world but had no cake to put it on.

And yes I never like Eichel anyway. The first time I saw him was the clip "coming to get you Buffalo" and he was underage drunk. First impression are important.

1 minute ago, Norcal said:

Sounds like jacks being a huge dick. If I'm Pegs I dig in, he's got plenty of money and insurance.

***** nancy eichel, what an *****!

Sounds like KA is being the dick.  I think TPegs got taken by a con man.  Again.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, nucci said:

we have finished last 4 of the past 8 years. How many times do we need to hit rock bottom?

9 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

Apparently it’s still not rock bottom if it keeps happening. 

8 minutes ago, nucci said:

or it is and we just stay there

6 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

The jettison of all the rebuild players and starting over might be rock bottom. Or they screw up the trades, which is likely, and rock bottom is still elusive. 

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

this sucks lol

tenor.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.