Jack Eichel Presser on Monday 5-10-21

Brawndo

I wonder if the rumor mill re: being in therapy came straight from the arena. I wonder that because I know through a trusted friend with Sabres' alumni contacts that a group text among alumni was talking about the rumor. Pretty clearly something terrible happened to end the relationship. (And anyone who thinks it's not ended after watching that presser is naive.)

Also gotta wonder if the delay in Jack appearing was due to the team questioning whether to put him on.

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

I wonder if the rumor mill re: being in therapy came straight from the arena. I wonder that because I know through a trusted friend with Sabres' alumni contacts that a group text among alumni was talking about the rumor. Pretty clearly something terrible happened to end the relationship. (And anyone who thinks it's not ended after watching that presser is naive.)

Also gotta wonder if the delay in Jack appearing was due to the team questioning whether to put him on.

Excellent thought 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, sodbuster said:

If the team is blocking his surgery, then I really can't blame him for anything he's said.

Yeah, if this is the case, our front office is worse than imaginable. We are heading into unchartered territory for dysfunctional NHL franchises.  This team might be permanently bad indefinitely. Word travels quick in the small world of hockey... no top talent will ever want to come here like this.   TP has ruined the Sabres brand despite what has happened with the Bills. Just the facts. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, I-90 W said:

Can you imagine his first game in Keybank against us? Hopefully it’s not in the same division. 

It'll be interesting to see if he's a villain in this. Of course Sabres fans don't need a reason to boo. Same division? Who cares?

One more thought. I really have to step away. How can the Sabres not issue some sort of counter-statement?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

It'll be interesting to see if he's a villain in this. Of course Sabres fans don't need a reason to boo. Same division? Who cares?

One more thought. I really have to step away. How can the Sabres not issue some sort of counter-statement?

I think they’ll just be silent, KA has work to do. And I for one hope he goes out west, don’t need to see him lighting it up against us all season. But whatever gives us the best return.

4 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

If they could they would.  

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

twitter is wild right now in regards to sabres.  this sucks

It's pretty unusual for an NHL player, particularly a captain, to do this. To say the least. It will lead off sportscentre here I bet

• Like (+1) 1

In a weird way it’s almost comforting that huge changes are finally coming, kind of like how back during the tank at least there was a goal/ end in sight (as wrong as that was). This might be the most entertaining off season we’ve seen in a long time.

Just now, I-90 W said:

In a weird way it’s almost comforting that huge changes are finally coming, kind of like how back during the tank at least there was a goal/ end in sight (as wrong as that was). This might be the most entertaining off season we’ve seen in a long time.

It's hard for me to find it comforting that this level of alienation and disenfranchisement was allowed to occur. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Nah.  You had it right the first time--it was a long exit interview.  If the team wouldn't "put him on," he could just hold his own press conference some other time or give an interview to the sportswriter of his own choosing.

2 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

there's nothing comforting about this. Eichel, Reinhart, Risto and Ullmark want to leave  and we have an inexperienced GM and pretty much absentee owners in charge.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Thorny said:

It's hard for me to find it comforting that this level of alienation and disenfranchisement was allowed to occur. 

We have to hit rock bottom at some point. And I think we just did. Logically that could be a good thing as incrementalism wasn’t going to help us in the long run. We need a complete overhaul and hopefully this will force the Pegula’s into making systematic changes with hockey operations, drafting, coaching, everything really. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.