Jack Eichel Presser on Monday 5-10-21

Brawndo

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

People more in tune with the Rangers mention a trade package for Jack more along the lines of: Buchnevich (26, RW, 48p 54gp), Chytil (21, C, 22p 42gp), prospect Lundqvist (20, RHD, 2018 1st Rd. 28th OA), prospect Braden Schneider (19, RHD, 2020 19th OA) and a 1st. 

Apparently org. has said players Lafreniere, Kakko, and Fox are well off the table 

I’d quit the Sabres. 

18 minutes ago, Thorny said:

People more in tune with the Rangers mention a trade package for Jack more along the lines of: Buchnevich (26, RW, 48p 54gp), Chytil (21, C, 22p 42gp), prospect Lundqvist (20, RHD, 2018 1st Rd. 28th OA), prospect Braden Schneider (19, RHD, 2020 19th OA) and a 1st. 

Apparently org. has said players Lafreniere, Kakko, and Fox are well off the table 

The rumour was the Sabres wanted 4 firsts. Chytil (2017), Lundqvist (2018), Schneider (2020) and 2021 hit this - and Buchnevich hits a fifth one (as in you would trade a first for him) to top up for the fact a few of the firsts are weaker than one may like.

Like it or not - I think this is probably the most realistic trade.

Edited by Trettioåtta
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I’d easily decline that for sure. Not one potential game breaker is an immediate kill switch for me.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, #freejame said:

I’d quit the Sabres. 

5 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I’d easily decline that for sure. Not one potential game breaker is an immediate kill switch for me.

My advice to you guys would be to mentally prepare yourself for this type of return, if we were to trade Jack

7 minutes ago, Trettioåtta said:

The rumour was the Sabres wanted 4 firsts. Chytil (2017), Lundqvist (2018), Schneider (2020) and 2021 hit this - and Buchnevich hits a fifth one (as in you would trade a first for him) to top up for the fact a few of the firsts are weaker than one may like.

Like it or not - I think this is probably the most realistic trade.

Good stuff, this is exactly what I was going to add in, but you've got it - it hits Adams "4 1st round picks" criteria, so that's sure to be noted by management should a deal like this unfold. 

I do think Jack will be moved and I do think it will be the Rangers, FWIW

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/8/2021 at 6:48 PM, Weave said:

Queue up the ominous music.

On 5/8/2021 at 6:50 PM, bunomatic said:

😳

On 5/8/2021 at 6:57 PM, Buffalonill said:

Here come the overreaction post's

On 5/8/2021 at 7:12 PM, Weave said:

Realistically, what would a franchise player call a press conference for?

1. I want out.

2. I don't want out and all these rumors are false.

3. Injury update.

4. Bad news of a personal nature that will affect the team.

I think 2. or 3. are the most likely.

On 5/8/2021 at 7:49 PM, #freejame said:

Our captain having a presser on locker clean-out day should be a surprise to nobody. It is one of the few captainly ways Eichel has acted. 

See freejame’s post.  I’ve killed more brain cells than 90% of SS posters combined but I can still recall end of the season press conferences from prominent players on the team. Isn’t that how the whole ROR lost his love for the game rhetoric started?

On 5/8/2021 at 8:10 PM, Andrew Amerk said:

Relax. 

It’s just Jack announcing that he will be taking on the additional role of President of Hockey Ops next season. 

100% wrong.  He is getting the HC job, a seat on the PSE board, and is helping design the next BS headgear.  

27 minutes ago, inkman said:

See freejame’s post.  I’ve killed more brain cells than 90% of SS posters combined but I can still recall end of the season press conferences from prominent players on the team. Isn’t that how the whole ROR lost his love for the game rhetoric started?

They've done a lot of ham-handed things with Jack this season, so far, including the mixed messaging on his injury. 

My reading is, it was important for them to get him out there in front of the media to talk about how much he likes being here, and how good his injury recovery is going, so as to enforce the idea league wide that, no, Jack does NOT want to be moved and that, if you want him, better pay up 

My gut says the biggest struggle right now with KA is no longer the decision to move him, but rather a concerted effort to maximize this trade he wants to pull off. That's just IMO, though. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Thorny said:

They've done a lot of ham-handed things with Jack this season, so far, including the mixed messaging on his injury. 

My reading is, it was important for them to get him out there in front of the media to talk about how much he likes being here, and how good his injury recovery is going, so as to enforce the idea league wide that, no, Jack does NOT want to be moved and that, if you want him, better pay up 

My gut says the biggest struggle right now with KA is no longer the decision to move him, but rather a concerted effort to maximize this trade he wants to pull off. That's just IMO, though. 

I'm not sure KA has made a decision to move him but do believe he's open to it. I am scared of making the wrong deal and can't imagine what deal would remove my reservations.

9 hours ago, Curt said:

Fair enough.  I just think it’s a total non-starter, and I think any idea that the Rangers would/should have to trade Fox AND Lafreniere/Kakko AND maybe something else too, is just way out there.

The whole ####### idea should be a non-starter.  But if they come knocking on the door asking for the Sabres best player, they should be expected to offer the same.  If they won't do that, then they should be politely told to go #### themselves.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

No disrespect to any of those players, or the total value of that package, which is quite high, but the lack of a 1st liner, or an elite prospect should be a non-starter.

The idea that the Sabres would give up what is easily their best asset (and likely a top-10 NHL asset) and not get a top-five asset (or a top-100 NHL asset) from the Rangers in return is hard to figure.

But the show-stopper of that deal for me is that another team, couldn't, or wouldn't offer a better main piece. It's for Jack Eichel.

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, dudacek said:

No disrespect to any of those players, or the total value of that package, which is quite high, but the lack of a 1st liner, or an elite prospect should be a non-starter.

The idea that the Sabres would give up what is easily their best asset (and likely a top-10 NHL asset) and not get a top-five asset (or a top-100 NHL asset) from the Rangers in return is hard to figure.

But the show-stopper of that deal for me is that another team, couldn't, or wouldn't offer a better main piece. It's for Jack Eichel.

If true, then that's Eichel assessed value.

It seems obvious that how a fan base assesses their best player and how the league's GMs assess that same asset are not going be the same.

13 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Should be clear it's nothing official.

- - - 

Every team overrates their own players. Yes I overrate Jack Eichel. But, I think the first bit still holds true. I'm not sure that one could objectively argue that Lafreniere is a better asset than Jack Eichel, who has already proven he can be what Lafreniere's ceiling might be, from the wing. That is, sans injury concerns. 

*IF* it was true, my first guess is it says a lot about how much weight a team may place on injury history. Which I do think is smart. 

How do you trade Jack if that is going to be the Eichel team's are trading for? Our best bet, by far, is hoping the Eichel we keep is the one we've seen, on the ice. Is it even worth worrying about the looming NMC concern, in this case? It might literally be best to just say, we'll risk it, maybe Jack changes his mind. 

11 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

If true, then that's Eichel assessed value.

It seems obvious that how a fan base assesses their best player and how the league's GMs assess that same asset are not going be the same.

100%. And it applies to both Eichel, and Lafreniere in this case. 

I suppose that's why there hasn't been a deal yet

2 hours ago, SHAAAUGHT!!! said:

100% wrong.  He is getting the HC job, a seat on the PSE board, and is helping design the next BS headgear.  

Nope thats not it either. Kim is divorcing Terry and marrying Jack. She’s getting the Sabres and Bills in the divorce. Jack will be part owner and trading himself to the Bruins for Hall and Lazar

• Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

What happened with them?  I listened to Skinner and that seemed fine.

Based on what I saw on Twitter: Risto openly talked about going somewhere else. Reinhart refused to comment on his future with the club, and focused on his disappointment from this season.

Just now, That Aud Smell said:

Based on what I saw on Twitter: Risto openly talked about going somewhere else. Reinhart refused to comment on his future with the club, and focused on his disappointment from this season.

Risto basically said if we don’t make the playoffs next year he won’t re-sign. Which seems like a reasonable response to me 

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.