2021 NHL Playoffs 1st Round

Norcal

What matchups are must see TV this year?

Bruins/Caps is interesting, so is Pens/Isles, but I’m just sick of watching these teams.

Panthers/Lightening is my go to. Really looking forward to this. Don’t really care about Preds/Canes.

I’ll watch both North series.

I’m finding the West’s first round matchups kinda meh, from a purely my interest in them, not from the most likely quality of the hockey.

Just curious.

33 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Bruins/Caps is interesting, so is Pens/Isles, but I’m just sick of watching these teams.

Panthers/Lightening is my go to. Really looking forward to this. Don’t really care about Preds/Canes.

I’m finding the West’s first round matchups kinda meh, from a purely my interest in them, not from the most likely quality of the hockey.

Just curious.

I don't know if the Wild are entertaining nowadays but any series they are in, ever, looks bad on paper to me lol

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, SwampD said:

Just curious.

I like the matchups in the west personally. I think Vegas and Colorado will meet next round and the winner will go to the finals IMO. Florida Tampa Bay is gonna be a great series, I don't have much interest in Boston Washington really. The rest I'll check out a couple games. 

Next round should have better matchups IMO. 

9 hours ago, SwampD said:

Panthers/Lightening is my go to.

Yup. Those are the two series I have picked to be the (likely) most interesting. 

St.Louis Colorado might be if the Blues have more playoff hockey in them. Not sure, haven't seen them play at all this year so going on the past. Isles Pens likely 1-0 2-1 boring as heck. I think the Florida series will be the best. 

5 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Yup. Those are the two series I have picked to be the (likely) most interesting. 

St.Louis Colorado might be if the Blues have more playoff hockey in them. Not sure, haven't seen them play at all this year so going on the past. Isles Pens likely 1-0 2-1 boring as heck. I think the Florida series will be the best. 

I could see Pens/Isles being interesting if only because it's a team that scores a shite ton against one that doesn't allow any scoring.

Edited by SwampD

Nikita Kucherov returns for the Lightning game 1. Wild that they pulled that off.

16 hours ago, #freejame said:

But when do we get the on-ice tracking data? I didn't see mention of it in the article. 

They already do this they just don’t share it with fans.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hoss said:

Right but Stamkos played most of the season. They had Kucherov sit out all year on LTIR to circumvent the cap and brought him back for the playoffs.

Didn’t they do that last year with Stamkos, as well?

2 hours ago, Hoss said:

Right but Stamkos played most of the season. They had Kucherov sit out all year on LTIR to circumvent the cap and brought him back for the playoffs.

Feels kind of gross, doesn't it? That TBL was able to waive Tyler Johnson (and he still played 55 games for them this season), but also able to afford to re-sign Cernak, Sergachev, and Cirelli because they didn't have to count Kucherov on the cap.

Seems like the next CBA should either a) enforce the cap even in the playoffs, or more appropriately, if you shut someone down for LTIR, you're shutting them down until the the next open UFA period at the start of the next season.

Opening line shifts of the Caps-Bruins series had two or three checks delivered harder than any Sabre forward doled out all season (I specify forwards because Ristolainen had hits to match). We need our skill forwards to also be able to withstand this level of game and elevate to it. Note: these were the top lines, the skill guys, setting the tone.

Whoa. Craig Anderson in. Strange season continues. 

3 hours ago, Eleven said:

We usually do these by rounds, and I'd recommend to @Norcal that the title be edited to indicate the first round.

I am unable to change? Can u change it please? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.