First SabreSpace Poster of the Year Award

PASabreFan

12 hours ago, #freejame said:

Beyond anything else I appreciate the way you carry yourself and willingness to acknowledge when you’ve been wrong. I don’t always agree with you, but I find it very easy to have a discussion about those things with you which isn’t always the case. There would be far more vitriol without you here. You also take stands for posters against the mods when you thinks it’s necessary and I appreciate that. 

That is very kind; thank you.

I'll vote @dudacek

Honorable Mention to @Brawndoand @Eleven, among others deserving. 

Sabrespace has provided me unmeasurable comfort and distraction since I joined in 2015, and I appreciate everyone who posts on the regular -  and I feel lucky to have been welcomed by the posters who've been here from long before I was. Cheers. 

In some cases, these posters, in their advanced age, have melded into the internet walls of Sabrespace itself, becoming one with the site forever more. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Not to place the blame on anyone for the Sabres missing the Playoffs for 10 consecutive seasons, but the First Year of the drought was 2011-12. Look who joined at the beginning of that season 

5BA03E9A-32BC-499B-96A4-6487ABFD16F0.jpeg

You and me both man.

Edit: Actually I was 2013 apparently

Edited by WildCard

22 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I'll vote @dudacek

Honorable Mention to @Brawndoand @Eleven, among others deserving. 

Sabrespace has provided me unmeasurable comfort and distraction since I joined in 2015, and I appreciate everyone who posts on the regular -  and I feel lucky to have been welcomed by the posters who've been here from long before I was. Cheers. 

In some cases, these posters, in their advanced age, have melded into the internet walls of Sabrespace itself, becoming one with the site forever more. 

I'll nominate you myself. Always enjoy your takes 

It's interesting how the informal nominations line up with the Top Contributors feature, where people get a vote when you give positive feedback to a post.

I'll put Doohickie over the top based on his "votes" in the past month and week. Solid meme work and he often checks my cynicism. (I eventually toss him off with one hand and stickhandle with the other, but he tries.)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

You know who I nominate?  Anyone who after another last place finish, still sees things as looking up...and I don’t mean looking up at all the teams in the standings above the Sabres. 

Well, that's one way of looking at it. While I said on another thread that we will get back to our former glory days and to be contenders yet again, I don't want to be considered. I don't have nearly the amount of inside hockey knowledge that some of the other guys mentioned do. Having said that, I totally agree with all of the guys mentioned. @Brawndo and @Elevenare at the top of my list - and no disrespect intended toward the other nominees.

6 hours ago, WildCard said:

I think a lot of it depends on personal experience. Acid was the happiest I've ever felt, everything was just great.

That’s how I was on shrooms. Never been more clear-headed and calm in my life.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Not to place the blame on anyone for the Sabres missing the Playoffs for 10 consecutive seasons, but the First Year of the drought was 2011-12. Look who joined at the beginning of that season 

I guess I joined just ahead of you in July 2011. 

I’m hoping SS will throw us a 10 year anniversary party. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk
  • Like (+1) 1

With the exception of Brawndo, will stick with people I didn't notice get mentioned / only noticed they were mentioned once:

Randall Flagg

Raki

Chz

Marvin

D4rk

LTS

SwampD

NS

Inky

Tom Webster

Weave

Charlie

Hoss

Thorny

MODO

nFreeman

JohnC

Radar

& Brawndo.

Didn't include people like Woody & Carp who are very valuable posters but still seem to be on self selected hiatus.

Edited by Taro T
Rounded it up to 20 - still missed some deserving ones.
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

20 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Didn’t you also add JB as an avatar before he was fired, then Dahlin before this year?  Your Avatar should be Matthews.  

Officially, the final cut is LGR4GM, Brawndo, TaroT, Thorny, MODO, inkman, dudacek and Doohickie. Eleven got two nominations, but it was unclear if other mentions were nominations per se. It is in my purview to grant a third nomination under special circumstances. So add Eleven to the list.

Pimlach has two votes. Here's someone's chance to put him over the top.

Now, I also have special powers to nominate and to correct any egregious omissions. Thus, I will add rakish, DarthEbriate and Marvin, Sabres Fan, who all have made impressive contributions in their unique ways. As a wild card (but not WildCard), in the tradition of Time magazine not actually naming a specific person for man/person of the year, I nominate The Game Thread Poster as poster of the year. There were some folks who heroically posted during every game from the sweet beginning to the bitter end. Too many to single out.

I'll wait a bit longer to see if any other bodies float to the surface.

Apologies to anyone who feels slighted. You know who you are. I think everyone recognizes there could be many winners of this award.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Officially, the final cut is LGR4GM, Brawndo, TaroT, Thorny, MODO, inkman, dudacek and Doohickie. Eleven got two nominations, but it was unclear if other mentions were nominations per se. It is in my purview to grant a third nomination under special circumstances. So add Eleven to the list.

Pimlach has two votes. Here's someone's chance to put him over the top.

Now, I also have special powers to nominate and to correct any egregious omissions. Thus, I will add rakish, DarthEbriate and Marvin, Sabres Fan, who all have made impressive contributions in their unique ways. As a wild card (but not WildCard), in the tradition of Time magazine not actually naming a specific person for man/person of the year, I nominate The Game Thread Poster as poster of the year. There were some folks who heroically posted during every game from the sweet beginning to the bitter end. Too many to single out.

I'll wait a bit longer to see if any other bodies float to the surface.

Apologies to anyone who feels slighted. You know who you are. I think everyone recognizes there could be many winners of this award.

Did you actually comb through it and figure that out?

Yeoman's work. 

• 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.