First SabreSpace Poster of the Year Award

PASabreFan

I've thought about this for awhile now. Everyone else in hockey gets awards, why not SabreSpace posters?

Who should win the first Spacey Award? (What's that? I'm being told our lawyers advise against that name.)

OK, I don't know what it should be called or what the trophy should look like or how such an honor should be bestowed virtually.

I just know we should honor the poster who has been the best among us this 2020-2021 season.

Nominations are sought. Name the poster and offer a brief statement of support. Let's say three nominations are needed to move on to a final poll. I'm the clear winner, of course, but since I'm running the process, I'll disqualify myself. I ask the dozens of you, nay hundreds, who were prepared to vote for me to offer your second choice.

26 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I've thought about this for awhile now. Everyone else in hockey gets awards, why not SabreSpace posters?

Who should win the first Spacey Award? (What's that? I'm being told our lawyers advise against that name.)

OK, I don't know what it should be called or what the trophy should look like or how such an honor should be bestowed virtually.

I just know we should honor the poster who has been the best among us this 2020-2021 season.

Nominations are sought. Name the poster and offer a brief statement of support. Let's say three nominations are needed to move on to a final poll. I'm the clear winner, of course, but since I'm running the process, I'll disqualify myself. I ask the dozens of you, nay hundreds, who were prepared to vote for me to offer your second choice.

I would vote for LGRM.

I like several posters on the board and have tremendous respect for guys like Taro, Dudacek, Eleven, et al, enjoy the humor of Ink and unintended humor of Wookie, but for information and to learn a little about the analytical process it’s  LGRM.

And, I apologize in advance for those I omitted.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

LGR for scouting reports.

Brawndo for staying on top of developments league-wide.

Taro for history.

Thorny for at-large contributions and making me laugh.

SDS for putting up with us.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

It's not practical to do so, but it would be interesting to see who's been posting during games right from the hopeful beginning to the hopeless end. There are quite a few who fit the bill. No way to pick one... maybe we should offer up The Gametime Poster, sort of like the tomb of the unknown soldier.

Reminder that this the season's best poster, not necessarily all-time best posters or your favorite poster. A slight difference, but a different nonetheless.

Who's been bringing it in our hour of need?

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

So... we're just trying to upstage and downplay Reinhart again? 😇 

How about the 'Spacer award? Seems... less... icky.

For this past season of discontent, I agree with @tom websterthat @LGR4GM is a worthy honoree.

In really dark times for the Sabres, he’s remained focused, committed, and informative.

He needs the occasional chill pill, but I wouldn’t want him any other way.

Edited by That Aud Smell
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Eleven said:

LGR for scouting reports.

Brawndo for staying on top of developments league-wide.

Taro for history.

Thorny for at-large contributions and making me laugh.

SDS for putting up with us.

It’s like I don’t even know you anymore 

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

Liger or Brawndo. I’d kiss them both.

I’d watch 

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

Plotting Love And Hip Hop GIF by VH1

If voting gets me a kiss I’d pick nfreeman because I think his hateful obsession with me would make it the most passionate encounter I’ve ever had. That man probably has a few pictures of me somewhere. I kinda like it.

• Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Weave said:

Always respectful.

You should see what he says about you in private messages.  He doesn't send them to me, but he does send them to Thorny, and then Thorny shares them with the rest of us in the group chat that we have about you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

@WildCard and @Eleven are my favorite posters from a “the board resonates with me in a weird way that will make me never not care about the Sabres” kind of way. @Brawndo is, in my opinion, our most valuable poster and I still have no idea how he does the things he does. I appreciate the work and effort that @LGR4GM does probably more than any other poster, but I also find myself butting heads with him more than any other poster. Part of me believes this is by design. Historically speaking, if @Wyldnwoody44 were still active, he would likely take my vote.

Anyway, thank you to all of the minority (even @MODO Hockey) who make this an enjoyable place to be apart of 365 days of the year. Without this board I honestly don’t know if I would still be a Sabres fan. I genuinely hope that at some point I can have the influence on someone’s Sabres fanhood that those who carry this board have had on mine.  It took me almost 8 years to join, but I remember the good old days and this place is going to be unrecognizable to most posters once things inevitably take off and I can’t wait to actually participate this go-around. 

Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, #FREE @jame, my Spacey poster of the year nominee. 

• Awesome! (+1) 3

1 minute ago, #freejame said:

@WildCard and @Eleven are my favorite posters from a “the board resonates with me in a weird way that will make me never not care about the Sabres” kind of way.

That is very kind of you.

I won't speak for Charlie, but from my perspective, you need better taste.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.