GDT: Sabres at Penguins May 8, 2021 • 3:00PM ET MSG-B, WGR

Doohickie

A dismal but perhaps fitting end to another season of futility.

If that was his last call, Sabres couldn't even give poor old RJ one goal to do something with. 

Seems to me we give more players their first NHL career shutouts than anyone else. (and end goalless draughts for opposition players on other occasions)

If they don't make some big changes I think I'm done. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

A dismal but perhaps fitting end to another season of futility.

If that was his last call, Sabres couldn't even give poor old RJ one goal to do something with. 

Seems to me we give more players their first NHL career shutouts than anyone else. (and end goalless draughts for opposition players on other occasions)

If they don't make some big changes I think I'm done. 

Nah, you'll be here with us. What big changes would keep you?

Quite sad for a final game. Sabres played at least equal to the Pens yet lose on a goal off a lucky bounce.

We were shut out 9 times this year in 56 games...... That's over 16% of the games

Hopefully the offseason brings new hope with a healthy Eichel, a freshly signed Reinhart and Ullmark along with some new players and a coach like Gallant to instill that "us against the world" mentality. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Reality is now set in that it's yet another massively important off-season, our top 3 pick isn't likely to play next year, we don't know exactly where our captain stands, and our GM is still a rookie with little help. Oh, and the Pegula's are still the owners.

I was at least hoping someone could score today to go into the off-season with a little optimism.

• Like (+1) 1

Can’t find the words for this season. A few came to me but wet fart and unsinkable ship seem to do a season and team as craptastic as this was a diservice. I do have hope in my heart which surprises me given the Sabres seasons are groundhog days in that its  always the same year after friggin year. Get it right Terry and Kim. Quit shittting on your fans will ya. Its not a good look to look down on the only people that care.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Well, he could go allll the way and become a Bruins fan full throttle. He’s almost there now. Almost 😂

I grew up in Bruins  country. Pre Sabres inception they were my team. He's Sabres he will be here sharing our pain.

2 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

I had a lot of fun watching the games since Granato took over Hopefully he's back. 

I know i might be a minority on this but I'm very excited for next year.

Very excited? I'll work on it. I'm not against Granato if that's what they do. Want to see what off season moves are made to get my excitement level up.

Terry and Kim, if you’re out there lurking, and to the guys in the FO, behind the bench, and on the roster, remember what the great Brian Wilson of The Beach Boys once said:

“Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you’ll suck forever.”

Go Sabres!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

Least amount of hockey I have ever watched in 1 season, can't believe how bad they still are. Book it, Jack, Risto and probably Reinhart played their last game in Buffalo

I'm with you on the least amount of time I have spent on a Sabres season. I actually enjoyed being on this blog more than watching any of the games. Let's see if Terry and Kim are finally embarrassed enough to truly try and right this ship. First and foremost: A President of Hockey Operations. I am not holding my breath on any free agent acquisitions this off season. At least any that would be of value to this club, as I believe Buffalo will not be a favoured landing spot, despite the cash amount offered. Any contract offer in the same neighbourhood by another club,  will be the free agents preference I am thinking. Going to be another very interesting off season in Sabreland!

5 minutes ago, eman said:

I'm with you on the least amount of time I have spent on a Sabres season. I actually enjoyed being on this blog more than watching any of the games. Let's see if Terry and Kim are finally embarrassed enough to truly try and right this ship. First and foremost: A President of Hockey Operations. I am not holding my breath on any free agent acquisitions this off season. At least any that would be of value to this club, as I believe Buffalo will not be a favoured landing spot, despite the cash amount offered. Any contract offer in the same neighbourhood by another club,  will be the free agents preference I am thinking. Going to be another very interesting off season in Sabreland!

I'm sure Terry & Kim want to keep losing out of spite.

As for a president of hockey ops, how many chiefs do you really want in the building? You hired Karmanos. Isn't it backwards to hire an ops guy and tell him to use who's already here?

16 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Maybe I haven’t been paying attention, or I am having a blonde moment, but what is the MW thing?

Must Win evolved into random words starting with M and W as the Sabres hopes fade.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm sure Terry & Kim want to keep losing out of spite.

As for a president of hockey ops, how many chiefs do you really want in the building? You hired Karmanos. Isn't it backwards to hire an ops guy and tell him to use who's already here?

Or do you now make Karmanos President of Hockey Ops since he may be mentoring young Kevyn? As for losing out of spite, I get the joke, but you figure maybe 7 years would have been enough? Nahhhh, Terry and Kim want to go an entire decade because if you're going to poop the bed, you might as well do it big time! I swear, if people were allowed into the building for the entire season, you definitely would have seen paper bag heads on several fans and that speaks volumes. Now maybe Karmanos is the defacto Pres. of Hockey Ops without that title. We'll see who pulls the strings at the draft table and in the off season. Either way, headed into a possible 11th season of no playoffs as I see this club right now, even with Jack and Jake back and a healthy Linus.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.