GDT: Sabres at Penguins May 8, 2021 • 3:00PM ET MSG-B, WGR

Doohickie

Hmmm. Pitt is going to try to slice off our hands today. They want to play a sinking-Isles team in the first round and let BOS/WSH brutalize each other. We're going to get their best today.

And... a debut starting goalie. That's bad for us historically. Edit: season debut

Edited by DarthEbriate
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

The Best of Rick? Listen to three or four minutes of playoff game without a whistle. That was his brilliance. All the rest was frosting on Mama's sugar cookies.

And that's the saddest part. He's not been able to elevate to games that really matter. It's like a Star War without the music.

I hope someone posts the RJ tributes on YouTube so I can make them favourites to listen to when I need the pick-me-up.

1 minute ago, DarthEbriate said:

And that's the saddest part. He's not been able to elevate to games that really matter. It's like a Star War without the music.

Worse - it is great music without the compelling story for it to enhance.

4 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

I hope someone posts the RJ tributes on YouTube so I can make them favourites to listen to when I need the pick-me-up.

Worse - it is great music without the compelling story for it to enhance.

Let's not talk about the prequels or the first two sequels. (the third sequel... sadly... was neither).  Ok -- hockey! Switchover. Let's hope we don't have a burnout.

Season ends with the same message it started with. Have some fun! Isn't that what Krueger said, game 1? We'll start coaching next game?

3 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Let's not talk about the prequels or the first two sequels. (the third sequel... sadly... was neither).  Ok -- hockey! Switchover. Let's hope we don't have a burnout.

I feel tempted to stop after watching the first 8. 

Edited by Thorny

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I'm not ready for this to be RJ's last game so it better not be 

Same here. I just hope if it is there can be a way for Rick to be there for the big moments to come. Even if he just records a call or two from home watching a replay.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

Same here. I just hope if it is there can be a way for Rick to be there for the big moments to come. Even if he just records a call or two from home watching a replay.

He has to come back for playoffs. 

I really wanna make the playoffs. 

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Season ends with the same message it started with. Have some fun! Isn't that what Krueger said, game 1? We'll start coaching next game?

I feel tempted to stop after watching the first 8. 

That's my current standing as well. It's just so very uncomposed and rushed. Nice play by Samuelsson to stop the rush and clear the zone. Good standup at the line.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Ya I just realized in real time how much I've been wanting Sabres in the playoffs -with Rick. It's about the memories and the feelings and he makes those. I don't wanna make it down the road. I want to make the playoffs now!

• Like (+1) 2

I beg your pardon.

Betwixt and between (rare)

They've got their own game going (rare)

A-gain (Canadian pronunciation)

Uses the boards

Rattles it in

He would have been gone

He hit the goalpost, he smoked it off the pipe (retired, apparently)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.