Final Practice of 2020-21 Lines

Brawndo

23 minutes ago, Weave said:

We saw that yesterday, didn’t we?

I fell asleep before the game, I work nights lol

9 minutes ago, jsb said:

Yes and that line got crushed.

Cozens seems to be getting crushed all over the ice right now no matter where he plays unfortunately. Rookie pains

• Like (+1) 1

As for Cozens, he plays a physical game and I think he's just worn down and beat up right now. Which should translate into him training extra hard in the offseason now that he knows what's needed to play in this league. All signs point to him being a worker bee so this years education should help him moving forward.

I wasn't impressed with Murray, seems slow even at his size but it was only his first game so we'll see

Edited by jsb
Murray
  • Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, jsb said:

As for Cozens, he plays a physical game and I think he's just worn down and beat up right now. Which should translate into him training extra hard in the offseason now that he knows what's needed to play in this league. All signs point to him being a worker bee so this years education should help him moving forward.

I wasn't impressed with Murray, seems slow even at his size but it was only his first game so we'll see

This is one reason I think that if he plays centre next year, I want him with, I hope, Okposo and Girgensons to learn the job and learn from two veterans who play like he does.  That would also force an acquisition for the top 9 and rebalance the lines -- but I would be lying if I claimed it were serendipitous.  He would still get PP2 time.  As of now, our lines would be:

Skinner-Eichel-Ruotsalainen

Bjork-Reinhart-Olofsson

Asplund-Mittlestadt-Thompson

Girgensons-Cozens-Okposo

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

This is one reason I think that if he plays centre next year, I want him with, I hope, Okposo and Girgensons to learn the job and learn from two veterans who play like he does.  That would also force an acquisition for the top 9 and rebalance the lines -- but I would be lying if I claimed it were serendipitous.  He would still get PP2 time.  As of now, our lines would be:

Bjork-Reinhart-Olofsson

Girgensons-Cozens-Okposo

If we get the Girgs and KO we saw with Larsson, I'd actually be down for this. Assuming we upgrade at T6 wing. 

But we've had that convo already. 

Just now, Thorny said:

If we get the Girgs and KO we saw with Larsson, I'd actually be down for this. Assuming we upgrade at T6 wing. 

But we've had that convo already. 

I am expecting COG to be LOG with more scoring because of Cozens's skill.  It breaks him in at centre better as well.

Also, I did think of a way to satisfy my needs for the line-up and make the bigger changes you want in the top 6.  You convinced me that it needed to be considered more thoroughly.  So, with a little luck, we may both get what we want and what the other guy wants. 🙂

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Bjork-Reinhart-Olofsson

Girgensons-Cozens-Okposo

Your thought of having Cozens centering Girgensons & Okposo is growing on me.  But, looking at that lineup, there is no line that doesn't get blown up by the Bergeron line.

Would be very interested in seeing this team make situational adjustments by opponent.  A GEO line centered by Eichel might finally be a line that doesn't get their skulls bashed in (figuratively) by that line.

Still want additional upgrades, but Eichel is a pretty big top 6 add & Z is a pretty big bottom 6 add on their own.

7 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

I am expecting COG to be LOG with more scoring because of Cozens's skill.  It breaks him in at centre better as well.

Also, I did think of a way to satisfy my needs for the line-up and make the bigger changes you want in the top 6.  You convinced me that it needed to be considered more thoroughly.  So, with a little luck, we may both get what we want and what the other guy wants. 🙂

We should probably expect less defense, as well, also cause of Cozens at this stage of his career. 

Cheers on the rest 

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Your thought of having Cozens centering Girgensons & Okposo is growing on me.  But, looking at that lineup, there is no line that doesn't get blown up by the Bergeron line.

Would be very interested in seeing this team make situational adjustments by opponent.  A GEO line centered by Eichel might finally be a line that doesn't get their skulls bashed in (figuratively) by that line.

Still want additional upgrades, but Eichel is a pretty big top 6 add & Z is a pretty big bottom 6 add on their own.

Skinner-Eichel with a better winger should do fine 

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

We should probably expect less defense, as well, also cause of Cozens at this stage of his career. 

Cheers on the rest 

The B's will be salivating at the possibility of getting Skinner on the ice against the Bergeron line regardless of who that other winger is.

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

The B's will be salivating at the possibility of getting Skinner on the ice against the Bergeron line regardless of who that other winger is.

Skinner - Eichel - Reinhart from 18-19 would like to have a word

Add the MacKinnon jump Eichel? We are in business. 

It depends on getting something similar to the old Skinner back, def

Edited by Thorny

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

And they got crushed by them.  The LOG line was the only 1 that didn't.

3 years older Bergeron, and like I edited in, the new Jack 

We can't say Eichel took a MacKinnon like jump (which we both did) and not factor that into the equation, that's a significant difference 

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

3 years older Bergeron, and like I edited in, the new Jack 

We can't say Eichel took a MacKinnon like jump (which we both did) and not factor that into the equation, that's a significant difference 

Would have a reasonable amount of trust putting GEO out against the Bergeron line.  Wouldn't trust any other permutation of F's they could deploy against that line until we actually see them have success against it.

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

If we need to switch Skinner out, we switch Skinner out

IF?

22 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Cheers on the rest 

17 minutes ago, Taro T said:

How much production would Skinner need to put up with Jack to hang on to a spot on his line?

Would jumping from a 20-point producer to a 40-point producer be enough?

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

How much production would Skinner need to put up with Jack to hang on to a spot on his line?

Against the Bruins?

There is NFW Skinner should ever see the ice vs the Bergeron line.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, dudacek said:

From 27 to 40, sure 

17 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Would have a reasonable amount of trust putting GEO out against the Bergeron line.  Wouldn't trust any other permutation of F's they could deploy against that line until we actually see them have success against it.

IF?

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Against the Bruins?

There is NFW Skinner should ever see the ice vs the Bergeron line.

I guess I put more stock in how good that line was metrically that year

Way better than Olofsson - Eichel - Reinhart was last year IIRC

• Like (+1) 1

I don't see Skinner as necessarily detrimental to a 2-way line, if he's playing with someone who gets the puck in the o-zone almost all the time anyways. We have the documented results. With a pre-MVP level Jack, to boot

Bergeron pOwning the Eichel line may have more to do with the state of Jack's defensive game at that stage. If Larsson, Girgensons and Okposo can be successful against that line, I'd actually be shocked if this Eichel (>>>>>>>>>>>Larsson) and say Reinhart (>>>>>>>>KO) can't handle being matched up with it, with a renewed (again, this renewed part is key) Skinner on the other wing. Skinner isn't THAT (<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<) bad defensively to give that all up lol 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.