Who are your top 10 NHL players?

Hoss

2 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I know you’re trolling with Wilson so I’ll ignore that one but I think you’re a few years behind on Ovi and Kopitar.

Players like Ovi, Kane, Kopitar, and Crosby may be the “old guard” in a young league, but what they bring to their teams is more valuable than a young hotshot lighting up the lamp. In my opinion, that gives them an edge in still being the “better” player (all the while what each of us thinks makes one player or another better is subjective).

I didn’t add Tom Wilson to troll. The guy does it all. He can score, pass, hit, fight. I watched his entire team gel together after what he did, and they seemed to enjoy having his back. Not many players can bring a team together like that, it’s an intangible that is rare. 

4 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Players like Ovi, Kane, Kopitar, and Crosby may be the “old guard” in a young league, but what they bring to their teams is more valuable than a young hotshot lighting up the lamp. In my opinion, that gives them an edge in still being the “better” player (all the while what each of us thinks makes one player or another better is subjective).

I didn’t add Tom Wilson to troll. The guy does it all. He can score, pass, hit, fight. I watched his entire team gel together after what he did, and they seemed to enjoy having his back. Not many players can bring a team together like that, it’s an intangible that is rare. 

Kopitar’s contributions to the Kings have certainly shown up in the standings. The Caps have been solid even without Ovi in the lineup at times. He’s still around that top 15/20 range but he’s not THAT dude.

Tom Wilson is nowhere near the top 10. He’s probably not top 50.

Kopitar’s contributions to the Kings have certainly shown up in the standings. The Caps have been solid even without Ovi in the lineup at times. He’s still around that top 15/20 range but he’s not THAT dude.

Tom Wilson is nowhere near the top 10. He’s probably not top 50.

Kopitar has won 2 Cups. Most people would put Connor and Leon in their top 10, but neither have come close to sniffing the Cup yet. 

Wilson, to me, has a now rare combination of qualities that most players don’t have. I see Marchand getting top 10 mentions, but somehow Wilson isn’t even top 50? Why?

2 minutes ago, Curt said:

My Top-10.  I surprised myself with a couple of these.

Connor McDavid

Leon Draisaitl

Auston Matthews

Mitch Marner 

Nathan MacKinnon

Cale Makar

Sidney Crosby

Aleksaner Barkov

Nikita Kucherov

Adam Fox

I’m glad to see I’m not the only Fox fan. 

42 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Kopitar has won 2 Cups. Most people would put Connor and Leon in their top 10, but neither have come close to sniffing the Cup yet. 

Wilson, to me, has a now rare combination of qualities that most players don’t have. I see Marchand getting top 10 mentions, but somehow Wilson isn’t even top 50? Why?

It’s about right now. Not what you did in 2014. 
Tom Wilson has never had more than 44 points in a season. Brad Marchand has had more than that eight times including four seasons of 85+ points. They’re not even close.

25 minutes ago, Curt said:

Connor McDavid

Leon Draisaitl

Auston Matthews

Mitch Marner 

Nathan MacKinnon

Cale Makar

Sidney Crosby

Aleksaner Barkov

Nikita Kucherov

Adam Fox

Makar is a guy that’s getting close for me since he’s out it together on more than one occasion. Fox will need to do it again for me to really be sold but he’s definitely up there.

Makar is a guy that’s getting close for me since he’s out it together on more than one occasion. Fox will need to do it again for me to really be sold but he’s definitely up there.

Before I really started thinking about it I didn’t think Fox would be there. I’ve watched him against the Sabres and clearly he is dynamic.  Then just looking at the mins he is logging, his production, his play in all situations (getting used quite a bit on the PK and excelling there), the overall package won me over.

1 hour ago, Curt said:

Before I really started thinking about it I didn’t think Fox would be there. I’ve watched him against the Sabres and clearly he is dynamic.  Then just looking at the mins he is logging, his production, his play in all situations (getting used quite a bit on the PK and excelling there), the overall package won me over.

He's totally won me over. Hell of a player.

Feel very much handicapped in this, in that I barely watched 3/4s of the league this year and it was impossible to tell how the standard on play in each division compared against each other.

In no order and not taking contracts into consideration whatsoever....

Connor McDavid

Leon Draisaitl

Auston Matthews

Nathan MacKinnon

Aleksaner Barkov

Nikita Kucherov

Patrick Kane

Mark Stone

Cindy Crosby

Victor Hedman

31 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Matthews should be 2 or 3. He’s out if this world good. 

For me 3rd behind Mcdavid and McKinnon.  Those guys are electric when they get the puck. That's where I thought a healthy Jack would be this year 😢

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Curt said:

Connor McDavid

Leon Draisaitl

Auston Matthews

Mitch Marner 

Nathan MacKinnon

Cale Makar

Sidney Crosby

Aleksaner Barkov

Nikita Kucherov

Adam Fox

Is this in order?

Just surprised by Marner being that high and above MacKinnon

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Is this in order?

Just surprised by Marner being that high and above MacKinnon

No particular order.  I had a hard enough time picking the 10.  I wasn’t up for trying to order numbers 2-10.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.