Sam Reinhart tied for 10th in goals

SDS

I’d say he’s finally lived up to his billing as a #2 overall this season.  Hopefully he can keep that level of performance up when (if?) Jack returns.

I have a concern that he’s not gonna wanna commit to Buffalo now.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Weave said:

I’d say he’s finally lived up to his billing as a #2 overall this season.  Hopefully he can keep that level of performance up when (if?) Jack returns.

Yeah its going to stink  another fine job by the sabres management

Just now, Buffalonill said:

Yeah its going to stink  another fine job by the sabres management

I wish this type of post would stop. Can’t the criticisms be saved for when something actually happens instead of making something up and then throwing out a criticism for the made up thing?

• Thanks (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, SDS said:

I wish this type of post would stop. Can’t the criticisms be saved for when something actually happens instead of making something up and then throwing out a criticism for the made up thing?

What do you mean they could have signed this guy long term for 5-6 million dollars.

Edited by Buffalonill

13 minutes ago, Weave said:

I feel like Jack and Sam are a package deal, for what it's worth 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

So they're basically the new Mike Richards and Jeff Carter .

Sigh

I know Jack is probably a partier but he has a long ways to go to live up to what Mike Richards has accomplished at my lake

3 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

What do you mean they could have signed this guy long term for 5-6 million dollars.

Could they have?  How do you know?

Isn’t it completely possible that Reinhart was pushing for short deals at every turn so that he didn’t have to stay in Buffalo if they didn’t get it together?

You throw out a lot of definitive statements of fact that you have no way to back up.

Also, punctuation.

Edited by Curt
  • Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Curt said:

Could they have?  How do you know?

Isn’t it completely possible that Reinhart was pushing for short deals at every turn so that he didn’t have to stay in Buffalo if they didn’t get it together?

You throw out a lot of definitive statements of fact that you have no way to back up.

Also, punctuation.

"I think every player in the times right now would be open to a long-term deal. Unfortunately, that’s not always the case and it’s not always available. I’m certainly comfortable playing on short-term deals like I always have.”

https://nhltradetalk.com/buffalo-sabres-sam-reinhart-talks-contract/

Edited by Buffalonill

7 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

"I think every player in the times right now would be open to a long-term deal. Unfortunately, that’s not always the case and it’s not always available. I’m certainly comfortable playing on short-term deals like I always have.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sabrenoise.com/2020/10/01/buffalo-sabres-sam-reinhart-extension/amp/

That “quote” is not in the article you linked.

2 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Thanks.  I would have loved for management to get Sam signed long term, but I also don’t know what Sam was asking for on a long term deal.  I don’t think we can just assume that he would have signed long term for $5-6M a couple years ago.

I see a lot of kids of former players signing shorter deals and getting to UFA ASAP.  Tkachuk, Domi, Reinhart.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.