GDT Sabres at Penguins "The charge for NOT last place!" 5/6/21 7pm MSG, ESPN+, WGR550

PromoTheRobot

1 minute ago, DarthEbriate said:

1) Let Lekkas play Saturday. Give the kid his one day. (Unless Linus can go)

2) We should've sent a message at the end. Just to mess with their heads and set the tone for next game (and next season as hopefully these pairings are a thing of the future).

Don't bother w/ playing Ullmark unless he's adamant he wants the game.

Would also like to see Lekkas get the call.  He might luck into that adrenaline magjc; and if not, it can't get much uglier on the scoreboard. 

• Like (+1) 1

Overall I thought Murray looked ok,, he got to the net quite a bit and almost scored.

The rest of the ice I felt like he was a little lost and not quite as hard on the puck in battles as he should be for a man his size. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

decided to keep watching seeing it is probably last game of the year for me, I never bother staying up for other teams.

Saturday's game is a 3PM start here, so it should be ~9PM for you.  Still time to hit the bars after that 1 us done. 

28 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Do you think Cozens should take a stint in the AHL?

It wouldn't hurt.

27 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

It seems we are years from being competitive let alone playoffs. This franchise is one of the worst in all of sports. 

When we win Saturday you'll change your mind.

Remember, we're playing with one Eichel tied behind our backs.

13 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Dead last 4 out of the last 8 years. We put the L in Losers. 

Yup, pretty sad.  Last place again.  Its almost like we gutted the team on purpose, and after that changed the coaches and GM every 2 years or something?  

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Saturday's game is a 3PM start here, so it should be ~9PM for you.  Still time to hit the bars after that 1 us done. 

actually bars finally open again on saturday, but I'll be at work.  Evening shift until 22.30 pm.

• Thanks (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Do you think Cozens should take a stint in the AHL?

With the quarantining for the WJCs & all the hockey he played & with plans to have the NHL start back up in October, nope.

He's running out of gas.  Let him have the next 3 weeks off like the rest of his teammates & have him ready to go next season.

IMHO, nothing for him to learn in the A he can't learn in the NHL in the fall.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Well played 

I'm just glad I got to use it.  I have a couple others I hope I can trot out on Saturday.

In retrospect:  I think the game turned on the goal they gave Pittsburgh that was originally called a save.

9 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Yup, pretty sad.  Last place again.  Its almost like we gutted the team on purpose, and after that changed the coaches and GM every 2 years or something?  

It's almost like we draft bad. Although there's some indications that's changing. 

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

It's almost like we draft bad. Although there's some indications that's changing

Hoping that's true but with only Quinn & Peterka drafted by THIS management team, really hard to say with any certainty it is.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Taro T said:

With the quarantining for the WJCs & all the hockey he played & with plans to have the NHL start back up in October, nope.

He's running out of gas.  Let him have the next 3 weeks off like the rest of his teammates & have him ready to go next season.

IMHO, nothing for him to learn in the A he can't learn in the NHL in the fall.

I agree, and feel like that this view can apply to pretty much all the youngsters that have now spent a decent amount of time with the Sabres. 

Cozens, Ruots, Asplund, Tage, Mitts, Bryson, Borgen, and Samuelsson. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.