"Slow-down for Bedard"

JoeSchmoe

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

Die hard for Bedard.Ā 
No way do I want a repeat of the tank!

Blow Hard for Bedard works for me. If we get to the last 20 or so games and are a bottom feeder with no shot at the playoffsĀ I'll absolutely hop on board with a "tank" but prior to that point no way.

9 hours ago, JoeSchmoe said:

For anyone following the U18 World Championships Connor Bedard is leading a stacked Canada team in scoringĀ as a double-minor (2 year under-ager).

He is likely to be the next in line to follow the Crosby to McDavid line of "generational players".

Anyhow, I'm laying out the tank motto for him on this early... And by slow-down i mean play bad... not the derogatory meaning.

Too bad the Sabres will be a top team in the league by the time hes draft eligible.Ā šŸ¤ 

Why isn't michkov in the title ? This is the rebirth of AlexĀ Ovechkin vs a better mcDavidĀ 

Ā 

Tank hard !!!!

43 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Haven't read the whole thread. Does the slogan mean what I think it means?

The slogan had a different word in place of "slow down" when it first was posted. Ā Think of a word that means "slow down" in medicine and apparently in some areas of engineering. Ā When pronounced as a verb, said word would rhyme with "Bedard." Ā When used as a noun, it does not rhyme with "Bedard" and is offensive.

It's a bad idea anyway. Ā Tanking doesn't work and the kid is only 16.

Edited by Eleven

7 hours ago, Eleven said:

The slogan had a different word in place of "slow down" when it first was posted. Ā Think of a word that means "slow down" in medicine and apparently in some areas of engineering. Ā When pronounced as a verb, said word would rhyme with "Bedard." Ā When used as a noun, it does not rhyme with "Bedard" and is offensive.

It's a bad idea anyway. Ā Tanking doesn't work and the kid is only 16.

Itā€™s a musical term and didnā€™t need to be changed. I have some authority on the matter.

Ā 

Definitely made the thread funnier, though.

4 hours ago, SwampD said:

Itā€™s a musical term and didnā€™t need to be changed. I have some authority on the matter.

Ā 

Definitely made the thread funnier, though.

It also is a musical term. Ā Thank you for that reminder. Ā It's been decades. Ā (But it is spelled differently in any score I've ever seen.)

It needed to be changed. Ā The context is not music, medicine, or engineering, and considering your experience with your daughter, I almost can't believe that you liked it. But I'll trust you and ok and all that.

AND THE KID IS 16.

Edited by Eleven

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

It also is a musical term. Ā Thank you for that reminder. Ā It's been decades. Ā (But it is spelled differently in any score I've ever seen.)

It needed to be changed. Ā The context is not music, medicine, or engineering, and considering your experience with your daughter, I almost can't believe that you liked it. But I'll trust you and ok and all that.

AND THE KID IS 16.

Oh, I didnā€™t see it. ItĀ was an ā€œeā€ not an ā€œiā€?

Yeah, um, no.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.