NY Rangers announce Chris Drury as President and GM

Brawndo

3 hours ago, sabremike said:

Anyone who grew up in CT in the late 80's-early 90's and was a rags (or teddy bears) fan is worse than Stalin, Hitler, Mao and Peter Karmanos combined.

Also it's very clear by his not even having done an interview for the 50th anniversary celebrations he wants no association with the Sabres whatsoever so yeah, screw him. May he fail as miserably as an exec for his beloved rags as he did a player.

Laughable.

34 minutes ago, #freejame said:

I’m counting everyone who has played hockey ever. You’ve got ten skaters better than Sakic and Yzerman?

Let's start with the obvious ones everybody mentions: Richard, Howe, Beliveau, Orr, Gretzky and Lemieux.

So four more?

Most oldtimers would say Bobby Hull. Crosby for sure. Ovechkin? I'll say McDavid has shown enough that he'll be there.

Jagr? Messier? Bourque? Lidstrom?

Guys like Perreault, Dionne, Clarke, Bossy, Esposito, Forsberg, Mikita, Potvin, Trottier, and Robinson have to be in the conversation.

Then guys that nobody is old enough to remember. Doug Harvey won 7 Norris trophies as best defenceman and six Stanley Cups. Eddie Shore predated the Norris, but he won four Hart trophies and was a 7-time 1st team all-star.

I mean your guys are definitely in the conversation, but they aren't slam dunks.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, #freejame said:

We know three are in the HHoF and two of them are among the greatest ten skaters to ever play hockey. 

I think he thought you were talking aptitude as an executive, Adams obviously isn't in those other guys' universe on ice

Edited by Thorny

31 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I think he thought you were talking aptitude as an executive, Adams obviously isn't in those other guys' universe on ice

I understand that, but I also think those three have accomplishments that speak for themselves which in turn gives them more leeway. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.