NY Rangers announce Chris Drury as President and GM

Brawndo

Just now, tom webster said:

He was not two faced. He accepted an offer and Golisano changed his mind. They should of had both Drury and Briere and ownership blew it.

He said 2 face. Not two faced as anyone with a firm grasp on the English language would have said 

The Dark Knight GIF by Maudit

Just now, Kong said:

Except Crozier/Desjardins and Larry Mickey you are correct IMO.

'06 had better goaltending for sure.

Perreault and Martin were definitely better than anyone on 'o6 for sure and Luce, Robert, Gare, Schoenfeld and Korab were as good

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

What beef you have with Larry Mickey?

Mickey was good for the Jr. Sabres but was a troubled person and a mediocrity as a hockey player. If they would have upgraded Mickey with someone actually useful, and a goalie, they may have won the cup that year.

3 hours ago, inkman said:

Rather than focus on the beloved Drury, I’d really like to turn this discussion back to how ridiculous it was for the Rags to fire their front office because they spoke their minds.  The NHL is really running some totalitarian dictatorship.  Better not have an opinion in their wonderful organization.  

Bettman continues the fine tradition of short evil dicktators.

21 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Because Adams is respected? 

By who? Did we hear about him coming up for years, like Drury? Were people trying to poach him? Was he the architect behind the scenes of a team?

Edited by WildCard

16 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

like crazy GIF

I’m ***** batshit.  I almost murderded someone in the McDonlads Drive thru because their was too much space between them and the car in front of them. 

9 minutes ago, WildCard said:

From who? Did we hear about him coming up for years, like Drury? Were people trying to poach him? Was he the architect behind the scenes of a team?

I think we are bending the turn in the Concept of GMCD.  

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, WildCard said:

From who? Did we hear about him coming up for years, like Drury? Were people trying to poach him? Was he the architect behind the scenes of a team?

Experience does not define respect. Adams has spent his life building relationships and earning respect. As a player, Adams had the same level of respect from his teammates as Drury. I love Chris Drury. I will correct anyone who thinks he didn’t want to stay here. Kevyn Adams is the same kind of guy and it’s unfortunate that the Sabres past missteps in hiring has people making snap judgments about his abilities.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Experience does not define respect. Adams has spent his life building relationships and earning respect. As a player, Adams had the same level of respect from his teammates as Drury. I love Chris Drury. I will correct anyone who thinks he didn’t want to stay here. Kevyn Adams is the same kind of guy and it’s unfortunate that the Sabres past missteps in hiring has people making snap judgments about his abilities.

It's not just the Sabres past missteps. No professional team promotes a guy to such an enormous level with that large of a leap. You can say he's respected as a player and a person sure, that's not what we're discussing here though. We're discussing his respect as a GM. 

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, WildCard said:

It's not just the Sabres past missteps. No professional team promotes a guy to such an enormous level with that large of a leap. You can say he's respected as a player and a person sure, that's not what we're discussing here though. We're discussing his respect as a GM. 

So he needed a year and a half working as some assistant in charge of something to be respected as a GM? Shanahan, Yzernan, Salic all had less then two years working as assistants to assistants so they were more qualified? Everyone was laughing at Sakic the first two years until they realized what he was doing. Adams has the respect, the pedigree, the education to do the job. Who knows if he succeeds. History has shown there really is no blue print on who is the best person for the job.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, tom webster said:

So he needed a year and a half working as some assistant in charge of something to be respected as a GM? Shanahan, Yzernan, Salic all had less then two years working as assistants to assistants so they were more qualified? Everyone was laughing at Sakic the first two years until they realized what he was doing. Adams has the respect, the pedigree, the education to do the job. Who knows if he succeeds. History has shown there really is no blue print on who is the best person for the job.

Shanahan

Yzerman

Sakic

Adams

One of these is not like the other. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Lol yeah it's not a crazy concept. I put more faith and respect in someone in regards to their job the more proven experience they have in it or a level close to it. You said yourself everyone laughed at Sakic. Does that mean Adams won't prove he deserves respect as a GM? Course not, didn't say that. But he doesn't right now. 

7 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Lol yeah it's not a crazy concept. I put more faith and respect in someone in regards to their job the more proven experience they have in it or a level close to it. You said yourself everyone laughed at Sakic. Does that mean Adams won't prove he deserves respect as a GM? Course not, didn't say that. But he doesn't right now. 

Fans laughed at Sakic. Old school hockey guys laughed at Sakic. Smart hockey people didn’t.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Fans laughed at Sakic. Old school hockey guys laughed at Sakic. Smart hockey people didn’t.

Just like Adams, Just like Sakic, Just like Yzerman, ... I have thought at the time they became GM’s  ... “I wonder if he’ll do a good job”

And now I think that of Drury.  I don’t laugh. I give the guy time to see what he can do first ... then maybe laugh later 😂

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, inkman said:

I’m ***** batshit.  I almost murderded someone in the McDonlads Drive thru because their was too much space between them and the car in front of them. 

That is just f'n funny.

1 hour ago, #freejame said:

Shanahan

Yzerman

Sakic

Adams

One of these is not like the other. 

We don't know this yet.

2 hours ago, SwampD said:

Oh, and I hope Chris Drury fails miserably.

No way he isn't a douche.

Anyone who grew up in CT in the late 80's-early 90's and was a rags (or teddy bears) fan is worse than Stalin, Hitler, Mao and Peter Karmanos combined.

Also it's very clear by his not even having done an interview for the 50th anniversary celebrations he wants no association with the Sabres whatsoever so yeah, screw him. May he fail as miserably as an exec for his beloved rags as he did a player.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.