NY Rangers announce Chris Drury as President and GM

Brawndo

Man. I am genuinely perplexed that so many posters here hate Drury.

I mean. The guy's not particularly likable - that I will admit.

But there's some revisionist history going on here as well. He was an absolute beacon of a bright light during one of the franchise's best stretches of play and success.

Plus, he got Campbell to turn off that fu*king radio in the locker room and also got everyone eating plain pasta and chicken dishes before games.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Plus, he got Campbell to turn off that fu*king radio in the locker room and also got everyone eating plain pasta and chicken dishes before games.

Yep. Myth making.

Publicists and spin doctors should be required to study Drury’s Sabres stint as a textbook example of how to market athletes.

I loved Drury, was angered by how he left following the reports of how he sort of strung us along. (I blame both Drury and Golisano/Quinn for Briere's departure)

I honestly hate him now due to the fact he won't interact with anything alumni related with the team. When congratulating Miller, celebrating the 50th anniversary, etc. Drury is never involved. If we had offered him 2.5mil and said **** off otherwise, I might understand bitterness but it makes zero sense why he doesn't seem to even acknowledge Buffalo whatsoever. He literally played his 2 best seasons here and besides a Cup win as a rookie, his longest playoff runs. 

I will always fondly remember his time as a Sabres captain but I will despise him until he stops being an ***.

35 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Man. I am genuinely perplexed that so many posters here hate Drury.

I mean. The guy's not particularly likable - that I will admit.

But there's some revisionist history going on here as well. He was an absolute beacon of a bright light during one of the franchise's best stretches of play and success.

I’ve always liked Drury since his rookie year. I still do.  I hope he does well overall in his new roll.

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

That's way too much hate. 

Maybe that's the core of the Buffalo culture problem. Hating others instead of making yourself enviable (and thus the subject of their hate). 

Drury was a great Sabre. We could use several of him now. They didn't value him enough to retain him, that's on them not him. 

Now Taylor Hall, you can go on hating him all you want 😉

I'm not getting deep with sports lol he's not on our team, he was and left and hurt us, and now he's a direct competitor. I hope he sucks.

Edited by WildCard
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Hating Drury is a thing among Sabres fans?

Seriously?

How.

Exactly it makes zero sense, because he didn't sign here because he was offered more money elsewhere.  Not our problem.  He's a hell of a player.  I loved him as a Sabre.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Rather than focus on the beloved Drury, I’d really like to turn this discussion back to how ridiculous it was for the Rags to fire their front office because they spoke their minds.  The NHL is really running some totalitarian dictatorship.  Better not have an opinion in their wonderful organization.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, TheCerebral1 said:

Exactly it makes zero sense, because he didn't sign here because he was offered more money elsewhere.  Not our problem.  He's a hell of a player.  I loved him as a Sabre.

Its the fact he was 2 face.

Hell if he was just honest wouldn't hate him 

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

So your very young i take it ? For me he doesn't make the top 15 

Unless for whatever reason you think there is a better Sabres team than the 05-06 team then this is absolutely absurd. Thinking there was a better Sabres team ever than that team is also absurd, but not quite as much. 

29 minutes ago, inkman said:

Rather than focus on the beloved Drury, I’d really like to turn this discussion back to how ridiculous it was for the Rags to fire their front office because they spoke their minds.  The NHL is really running some totalitarian dictatorship.  Better not have an opinion in their wonderful organization.  

Friedman on Tim and Friends just now said that though their attempt to distance themselves from his released statement re: Wilson was a big part of the firing, Dolan had been wanting for a while to go in a different direction, dissatisfied with the team's current direction. 

Eichel to Rangers e5

- -- 

As for Drury, I was always way more of a Briere guy. 

Edited by Thorny

18 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Said players 

So you didn’t read what he said then? We all get Chris Drury can suck a fat one. 

Edited by #freejame
You even bolded what you were responding to and then didn’t respond to it

28 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Unless for whatever reason you think there is a better Sabres team than the 05-06 team then this is absolutely absurd. Thinking there was a better Sabres team ever than that team is also absurd, but not quite as much. 

74-75 squad for me.

29 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Friedman on Tim and Friends just now said that though their attempt to distance themselves from his released statement re: Wilson was a big part of the firing, Dolan had been wanting for a while to go in a different direction, dissatisfied with the team's current direction. 

Eichel to Rangers e5

- -- 

The only player I liked less than Drury was Briere.  Sissified midgets unite.  

39 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Eichel to Rangers e5

- -- 

Please be LA 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.